PDA

View Full Version : Other What are the noise level laws in Tenerife?

Morridi
01-01-2013, 18:38
Hi all.

Me and my girlfriend arrived at Tenerife two days ago and are staying here for a week. I was so lucky to get to borrow my Grandmothers apartment down here so we are not living in a hotel. However we sadly discovered that there are some extremely rude and obnoxious people living in this apartment complex. They insist on playing loud music and scream and yell the entire night, making it impossible for us to sleep (ruining what is otherwise a nice vacation).

What I am tryiny to find out if there is any noise level law (like: "no loud music after 23:00" as it would be in my country) that I could use. I have tried talking to them, but they were just being rude, if they continue tonight I think I will call the police, but obviously I need to know if they are breaking the law or not.

Cheers

P.S.
This is in Los Cristianos if that is of any importance.

casabonny
01-01-2013, 18:46
Normally the community rules state what time noise must be Stopped by but if the level of noise really is eXcessive then you can call the police but don't hold you breath that they will come!
Possibly better to find and talk to the pResident of the complex

chifleta
01-01-2013, 18:54
or (one of my last resorts) buy earplugs... the wax ones are best as you can't hear your heart beating with those ...... :dontknow:

deepdivejunkie
01-01-2013, 19:17
... the wax ones are best as you can't hear your heart beating with those ...... :dontknow:

Is that a good idea? If you fall asleep then wake up and can't hear your heart beating, you may think you're dead. The shock of that could well kill you. :lol:

9PLUS
01-01-2013, 20:07
It works like this if you can hear them they are too loud.

It is considered that residential should be limited to 25-45 db depending what document you read with a permanent balance of round 30 db, which is the equivalent of low conversion.

Loud music at 11pm in a residential complex is not permitted by law, you'll need to call the Police and make a denuncia.

AL JAY
01-01-2013, 20:56
Which complex are you staying at? Quite a few forum members live in Los Cris and maybe able to help you!

chifleta
01-01-2013, 21:04
Is that a good idea? If you fall asleep then wake up and can't hear your heart beating, you may think you're dead. The shock of that could well kill you. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: LOL that made me chortle :D I hate having to put earplugs in, but occassionally needs must, especially when you have a ignoranus for a neighbour...

Ecky Thump
03-01-2013, 21:54
It works like this if you can hear them they are too loud.

It is considered that residential should be limited to 25-45 db depending what document you read with a permanent balance of round 30 db, which is the equivalent of low conversion.

Loud music at 11pm in a residential complex is not permitted by law, you'll need to call the Police and make a denuncia.

Which complex are you staying at? Quite a few forum members live in Los Cris and maybe able to help you!

It would be interesting to know if it is a residential or holiday complex, as over the years on the forum there seems to be more complaints about noisy neighbors on residential sites as opposed to holiday lettings...Us holiday makers must be very well behaved.:)

9PLUS
03-01-2013, 22:00
tis because "all" holiday makers are cheapingit in the residential "ohididn'tknowaboutthat" complexes

nelson
03-01-2013, 22:36
tis because "all" holiday makers are cheapingit in the residential "ohididn'tknowaboutthat" complexes

myself having holidayed in casa nelson for the past 9 years, I have to say I have never been disturbed during nightime hours by any other apartment dwellers around us, either tourist / resident or swallow. It generally helps me that I tend to have taken wine and dorada every evening before retiring. Mrs Nelson is more of a light sleeper. The only time she complained about a noise issue in those 9 years was when 3 young brits rented next door. They were young lads working in a bar, so they were residential renters. Mrs nelson said that when they got in from work in the early hours they disturbed her with talking / tv and using the toilet.

As I say , myself I remained in peaceful dreamland , but Mrs Nelson noted their antics every breakfast time to me. It was a case of maybe I would have to end up having a word with them.

I realise we are very lucky on our place in many respects, and thats our personal experience of anyone diisturbing us. Having said that a few of our guests have disturbed others, but the cause was domestic strife , fighting, not high spirited noisy tourists partying too much.

essexeddie
04-01-2013, 11:32
myself having holidayed in casa nelson for the past 9 years, I have to say I have never been disturbed during nightime hours by any other apartment dwellers around us, either tourist / resident or swallow. It generally helps me that I tend to have taken wine and dorada every evening before retiring. Mrs Nelson is more of a light sleeper. The only time she complained about a noise issue in those 9 years was when 3 young brits rented next door. They were young lads working in a bar, so they were residential renters. Mrs nelson said that when they got in from work in the early hours they disturbed her with talking / tv and using the toilet.

As I say , myself I remained in peaceful dreamland , but Mrs Nelson noted their antics every breakfast time to me. It was a case of maybe I would have to end up having a word with them.

I realise we are very lucky on our place in many respects, and thats our personal experience of anyone diisturbing us. Having said that a few of our guests have disturbed others, but the cause was domestic strife , fighting, not high spirited noisy tourists partying too much.

We are on the top floor so if people make a noise at night below us, then its payback time in the morning by us Oooooooooh yes! big time:lol:

Westminster
04-01-2013, 19:40
On the complex where I live there have been noise problems usually accompanied by domestic violence.
The trouble always comes from Spanish neighbours who seem to have a different idea of bedtime compared to Northern Europeans.
The police are sometimes effective, but the most effective action is to get the Administration to contact the apartment owner as this sometimes leads to the offender receiving notice to quit.
As you are just on holiday for a week, I doubt that you will not have enough time to do anything about your situation.
Hopefully when you visit again, they will have gone, because they are probably tenants, and my experience is that nuisance neighbours usually do not pay the rent!

Ecky Thump
04-01-2013, 20:04
On the complex where I live there have been noise problems usually accompanied by domestic violence.
The trouble always comes from Spanish neighbours who seem to have a different idea of bedtime compared to Northern Europeans.
The police are sometimes effective, but the most effective action is to get the Administration to contact the apartment owner as this sometimes leads to the offender receiving notice to quit.
As you are just on holiday for a week, I doubt that you will not have enough time to do anything about your situation.
Hopefully when you visit again, they will have gone, because they are probably tenants, and my experience is that nuisance neighbours usually do not pay the rent!

Errrrr, just maybe it should be, the local people have a different idea of bedtime, than those of us who have chosen to live or holiday in their country!;) :D

chifleta
05-01-2013, 16:43
Errrrr, just maybe it should be, the local people have a different idea of bedtime, than those of us who have chosen to live or holiday in their country!;) :D

Well said :D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I've had a variety of noisy neighbours over the years... their nationality has nothing to do with it, their ignorancy, selfishness and the upbringing does ...