PDA

View Full Version : Internet Is anyone able to use Skype on iPad using prepaid SIM?

1247sandra
03-01-2013, 16:55
Is anyone getting Skype on their ipad using a prepaid SIM card? I have tried skypeing my family but it is an intermittent sound and I cannot make out what people are saying.I use a pay as you go sim in England when I am on my canalboat and I can see and speak to them.

patrica
03-01-2013, 17:22
Try down loading the free skype and go on line in any of the places that have internet , i call on my pad for nothing

1247sandra
03-01-2013, 17:27
Skype downloaded as I use it all the time in uk on my boat.I used to be able to get it fine here without having to go to an Internet cafe.When I am at a cafe I can use FaceTime as well.Thanks for the info but I wanted to be able to use it without having to go to a cafe as I live up in the hills!

patrica
03-01-2013, 17:31
you could go to A1 in san Eugenio an ask them , they are on the 1st floor just by the taxi rank , they know all the inns an outs an what is best ,, hope you can get some help as it is very frustrating not being able to call family .

1247sandra
03-01-2013, 17:37
Thanks for that info but I don't get into PLA very often and was hoping someone on here had the same problem and found a solution!

Fivepence
03-01-2013, 17:54
Is anyone getting Skype on their ipad using a prepaid SIM card? I have tried skypeing my family but it is an intermittent sound and I cannot make out what people are saying.I use a pay as you go sim in England when I am on my canalboat and I can see and speak to them.

Sandra, I would suggest that without WiFi it could be that your 3G connection is not good enough to use Skype satisfactorily.

I don't really know, it's just a guess............sorry. :dontknow:

Good luck, I hope someone can help you.

1247sandra
03-01-2013, 17:59
Yes fivepence I think you are right.

seal420
04-01-2013, 17:55

I have a similar problem and have tried Orange and Vodafone with little success. A1 in San Eugenio are brilliant and been very patient with me, but for consistency I need to abort the mobile BB idea and go down the adsl route with Movistar .

1247sandra
04-01-2013, 18:05
Yes I am giving up on the Skype on iPad 3G idea and going to wifi cafe once a week to speak with them.

delderek
04-01-2013, 21:09
Most of the cheaper contracts do not allow Skype or media use