PDA

View Full Version : Tax Has the Canarian government imposed 7% IGIC on rental income now?

Tom and Lesley
03-01-2013, 19:48
Hi, just when I thought that our rental income taxes were running smoothly, I hear that the Canarian Government
has just imposed 7% V A T on rentals.

essexeddie
03-01-2013, 20:18
Thats right, that was the last straw for us so we stopped letting. Now they get nothing from us. Well almost.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

In all fareness it was probably an EU law.

theslaters
03-01-2013, 21:44
As someone that know nothing about rental tax/vat in Tenerife. (I have rental houses in the uk) .But if you are getting paid into a bank in the uk do you not pay uk tax as income?
Just interested more than anything...

bonitatime
08-04-2013, 09:00
Are you talking about IGIC? Is this for businesses or for individuals as well? My understanding was as individuals renting long term prívately there was no call to charge or pay IGIC

Foz
08-04-2013, 09:24
Are you talking about IGIC? Is this for businesses or for individuals as well? My understanding was as individuals renting long term prívately there was no call to charge or pay IGIC

As far as I understand it ..... you do no need to charge IGIC on long term residential lets. Holiday lets you do need to charge it and on commercial lets too .... ie if you let a local.

bonitatime
08-04-2013, 09:26
Yes this was my understanding Thanks for the confirmation