PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Where can I get a copy of a car contract and other paper work to take to trafico?

doingok
03-01-2013, 20:14
Hi Dose anyone know where i can print off a contract for buying car and the necessary paper work so i can go direct to trafico to put the car in my name?

Thanks

doingok
04-01-2013, 16:05
If buying or selling you need a contract and solicitud de transmision de vehiculo (http://www.ajaexpatriatelegalconsultancy.com/uploads/8/1/3/6/8136341/vehicle.transfer.application..pdf) this you need to take to trafico

i will do or find a template contract (http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/tributos/download/pdf/formularios/Formulario_CONTRATO_DE_COMPRAVENTA_620.pdf)and will post when done.

As promised this is the contract that has to be filled in by both seller and buyer once you do one you just have to copy info on the next,Once filled in copy them twice as with everything else
Look at this link (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?22563-Changing-names-over-on-a-car-in-Tenerife-is-very-easy-to-do)this should help to

essexeddie
05-01-2013, 17:05
Thanks for that, very handy :-)

doingok
06-01-2013, 10:18
Cheers It is nice to be appreciated some times, as this is easy to do and people that charge for this service have given me some stick for saying so, It should be that we are all on this island together and should help each other out if we can but some people just see it as an opportunity to rip you off, i Stayed on an island Koh Samui in Thailand and the British community were great and all helped each other without ripping you of with over priced services.:wow:

garlicbread
06-01-2013, 13:02
The last time I bought a car (off a friend) was in Nov 2011 and a small (Canarian owned) company in La Camella did all the necessary paperwork for me for a charge of €70, and the transfer was completed in 48 hours. Not cheap I admit but, and I only say this from a personal point of view and so that others may compare what doingok has said, as far as I am concerned it was worth the hassle (and cost) of going to Santa Cruz myself. Living as I do on the west coast it's €20 in fuel alone before you get involved in other costs such as parking and/or taxis. But if you do want a day out in Santa Cruz then you can do it yourself although it is difficult to find anyone at Trafico that speaks any English.

blueeyes
06-01-2013, 19:06
Thank for the Info Doingok Handy as i have just bought my first car.:thanx:

doingok
07-01-2013, 00:24
will it only taken me 2.13min (yes i timed it from start to finish) i live in the south and it only cost my 15 euros in diesel and 8 euros in taxi's including tips.As for not speaking English in hacienda the lady i see spoke great English and even filled my form in.Had it done on my first car and got charged 187 euro for tax when its only 165 euros (over 10 years old) plus had to hand over my passport or you can pay for a copies stamped for 6.80 euros,so it cost me 23 euros and saved not getting ripped off and saved 47 + 22 euros i was ripped with so saved 69 euros and learned how to do to some thing new which is great in my book so why pay some one when you can do it yourself.

P.S myself and my wife had a great night out on the money we saved better in my/your pocket then in theirs.

garlicbread
07-01-2013, 01:31
will it only taken me 2.13min (yes i timed it from start to finish) i live in the south and it only cost my 15 euros in diesel and 8 euros in taxi's including tips.As for not speaking English in hacienda the lady i see spoke great English and even filled my form in.Had it done on my first car and got charged 187 euro for tax when its only 165 euros (over 10 years old) plus had to hand over my passport or you can pay for a copies stamped for 6.80 euros,so it cost me 23 euros and saved not getting ripped off and saved 47 + 22 euros i was ripped with so saved 69 euros and learned how to do to some thing new which is great in my book so why pay some one when you can do it yourself.

P.S myself and my wife had a great night out on the money we saved better in my/your pocket then in theirs.

....whatever...

doingok
07-01-2013, 10:07
....whatever...
Grow up garlicbread

I will post both papers filled in if it help anyone. blueeyes glad it was a help.

mcoady
21-05-2013, 21:21
Hi garlicbread I know its been a while since you posted this message but was wondering if you had any details of the company you mentioned and whether they speak english. Thanks

The last time I bought a car (off a friend) was in Nov 2011 and a small (Canarian owned) company in La Camella did all the necessary paperwork for me for a charge of €70, and the transfer was completed in 48 hours. Not cheap I admit but, and I only say this from a personal point of view and so that others may compare what doingok has said, as far as I am concerned it was worth the hassle (and cost) of going to Santa Cruz myself. Living as I do on the west coast it's €20 in fuel alone before you get involved in other costs such as parking and/or taxis. But if you do want a day out in Santa Cruz then you can do it yourself although it is difficult to find anyone at Trafico that speaks any English.

casabonny
21-05-2013, 22:05
We can do this for you at Motorworld. Contact details in my signature

mcoady
22-05-2013, 14:46
Thats great, I'll give you a shout this week thanks
We can do this for you at Motorworld. Contact details in my signature

essexeddie
22-05-2013, 15:44
Motorworld did mine in the end for free.......................

I did buy the car from them.

doingok
23-05-2013, 21:01
Its easy to do and in the hacienda in santa cruz ask to speak to marissa perfect english and will even fill the forum in for you.

mcoady
23-05-2013, 21:01
Motorworld did mine in the end for free.......................

I did buy the car from them.

Free sounds even better :laugh:

essexeddie
23-05-2013, 21:08
You have to buy a car though. Otherwise there's a small charge.

doingok
23-05-2013, 21:11
Both here revs motor does a check on the car for fines and so on for only 10 euros https://www.facebook.com/revs.tenerife?fref=ts

http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/tributos/download/pdf/formularios/Formulario_CONTRATO_DE_COMPRAVENTA_620.pdf

http://www.ajaexpatriatelegalconsultancy.com/uploads/8/1/3/6/8136341/vehicle.transfer.application..pdf