PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving to live in Tenerife

Stallionjames
05-01-2013, 00:53
Hi I am going to Tenerife for a month on holiday in 3 weeks I want to live out there full time in playa dela arena
I need to work and accommodation afterthe month and going to look when there

But as much advice or help I could have would be amazing thank you

patrica
06-01-2013, 12:20
Bring as much money as you can , as in england jobs are hard to come by , if you are willing to do anything tele sales PR work , you will find them , the best jobs are the ones with a contract but these are hard to come by, but you will be covered for health care etc ,make sure you have your E11 card from England it covers basic health care , and insurance the post office do a good one , a years travel insurance for about 150 each , go on line and visit letting agencies, the longer you take a let a better deal you will get , dont take a let to far out as transport will be needed , buses are good but times etc , I know Nexes does deals and if you only want a studio island village can be cheap , but go to a lot of letting agencies and check out the English papers over here , Island connections ,etc the more looking the better deal , you will have to get a residential if staying called a NIE as you could be asked for it if stopped by police , health care , jobs etc . And the best thing is You are NOT on holiday you live here so do as you would in England ... hope this helps . Good luck

Stallionjames
06-01-2013, 14:00
Thank you what is an NIE I have everything else sorted how do I apply for this
And yes willing to do any job thank you

honda
06-01-2013, 14:29
You will need to go to Local Police station to apply for NIE.

princessmonika
06-01-2013, 15:24
to get NIE -- now--- you have to prove , you can support yourself-- new rules

Stallionjames
06-01-2013, 20:53

So what is it and what do you mean

Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

So what is it and what do you mean

Thanks

junglejim
07-01-2013, 07:48
NIE/Residencia is for people who stay long term in Canaries and or intend to work .
Lots of useful information available on this Forum by using search facility .
Also Member Goldenmaniac's web site is full of useful advice !
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/
Another small tip for you is to bring several photocopies of your passport and some passport sized photos as you may need them for some documentation - OH and a stapler !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtbQUaC9mE