PDA

View Full Version : Other Is Tenerife family friendly and can my children use lilo's in the pools ?

jo9832
05-01-2013, 11:47
Hello just hoping soneone might have a spare moment to answer a few questions. Am looking to book our family holiday and have been told tenerife is a great place.we are a family of 4 our children are aged 12 and 9. Have looked at many places and like the sound of los christanos however not having any luck and feel very put off. Have noticed that the pool rules are very strict and most dont appear to allow the kids to use inflatables.is this common? Last night I enquired about an apartment on oasis del sur and got a snooty email back telling me this wasnt the place for me if I wanted ny kids to run around unsupervised all I asked was the policy on inflatables as our son likes to play on his lilo .we are professional people and would never allow our children to disturb others. Perhaps the place is more for adults if anyone can recommended somewhere easy walk to the beach 2 bedrooms with a pool that allows inflatables I would appreciate it othewise its back to the drawing board.

patrica
05-01-2013, 11:56
Sorry its the law in Tenerife , no inflatables allowed , you have notices up at all the pools , an comes along with a fine if you get caught , the only hope you have is a private rent with your own pool .

junglejim
05-01-2013, 13:26
Most complexes discourage the use of lilos in pool due to safety, pool size and inconvenience to other pool users.
There are plenty of beaches from Los Cristianos to Fanabe at opposite end that can be safely used with lilos , sea conditions permitting .
You should also be aware that children under 13 are legally not allowed in pool areas unsupervised !

Javi
05-01-2013, 16:01
Hi jo9832,

Why do not try in Parque Santiago III and IV. They are family friendlly, have a pool only for kids and there are always one or two lifeguards on duty. Of course, as in any complex they have their rules as to how guests should behave. Regarding lilos on pool, I do not their policy.

Moreover, Parque Santiago is conveniently located with lot of restaurants, beaches, fast food restaurants, shops and leisure activities on walking distance.

Hope you and your family enjoy Tenerife.

Keeping an eye on this forum is highly recommendable.

AL JAY
05-01-2013, 16:24
Here's a link for Parque Santiago 3 etc...

http://www.parquesantiago.com/en

trevorife2
05-01-2013, 17:46
Hello just hoping soneone might have a spare moment to answer a few questions. Am looking to book our family holiday and have been told tenerife is a great place.we are a family of 4 our children are aged 12 and 9. Have looked at many places and like the sound of los christanos however not having any luck and feel very put off. Have noticed that the pool rules are very strict and most dont appear to allow the kids to use inflatables.is this common? Last night I enquired about an apartment on oasis del sur and got a snooty email back telling me this wasnt the place for me if I wanted ny kids to run around unsupervised all I asked was the policy on inflatables as our son likes to play on his lilo .we are professional people and would never allow our children to disturb others. Perhaps the place is more for adults if anyone can recommended somewhere easy walk to the beach 2 bedrooms with a pool that allows inflatables I would appreciate it othewise its back to the drawing board.

We stayed at the noelia with our daughter in las americas , the hotel had a kiddies pool with inflatables which we used , we also found the staff to be be brilliant and i am sure this will be the same at most hotels . Afer all you are on holiday