PDA

View Full Version : Other Can any Tenerife Forum member bring me some books from the UK?

Javi
05-01-2013, 16:37
Hello,

I could not find some English books for my 4 year son here in Tenerife and through the internet seller either.

I found that those books are edited by James Galt & Co. in England. I tried to buy them directly from Galt but the shipping and delivery cost is double from the cost the books.

They are cheap books from the serie Play and Learn (Spelling age 5+ and the other one is Handwriting 5+) so I was thinking if anyone who are about to fly to The UK (and he/she thinks to return soon) could buy them and then, on your back to Tenerife, I will pay you the cost.

Please, if you want to help or have any suggestion, send me a pm.

Thanks,

Javi.

Balcony
05-01-2013, 17:03
Have you tried Amazon - either .co.uk, or .com?

ciderhunter
05-01-2013, 17:11
If you are happy with secondhand copies then your best bet would be
abebooks.co.uk

Javi
05-01-2013, 19:06
Have you tried Amazon - either .co.uk, or .com?

Hi Balcony,

Yes, I've tried. They don't sell those books or at least, I could not find them on their web.

Thanks,

Javi.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If you are happy with secondhand copies then your best bet would be
abebooks.co.uk

Those books are to allow the children learning maths, writting, etc. by putting stickers on them, writting over dotted lines, drawing, coloring and the like, so a second hand one is not an option here.

Thanks,

Javi.

Sunlover
05-01-2013, 23:23
Can't you get someone in the uk to post them to you at printed paper rates?

stugga
06-01-2013, 00:00
where are they bought and do they weigh much, it is expensive to send items over 2kg to the canaries. I work for a major courier and we charge a flat fee £16 per item on top of the cost to spain.

surly royal mail could be an option. if not I will be over in March and i would be happy to bring them for you.

AL JAY
06-01-2013, 00:02
Are these the books you are looking for Javi?

http://www.galttoys.com/index.cfm/lap_home_learning_books/1152

MrsTT
07-01-2013, 00:00
The Collins Easy Learning series, and similar ones from Letts are available from Amazon and have much of the same sort of material in them. Letterland do sticker books as do Jolly Phonics. I get most of my books for the Centre via Amazon and they arrive quite quickly and I order enough to qualify for free postage. I could order them for you with my next order.

You can also find lots of activities for free if you visit the Activity Village site http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/

Javi
07-01-2013, 11:58
Hello and thank you very much indeed for your posts.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any notification into my email about them.

To Sunlover: No, I don't know anyone in The UK who can post the books for me.
To Al Jay: Yes, they are. The cost of two books is 6 pounds and the delivery cost rise up to 16.
To MrsTT: Thank you for that useful information. I have just had a look and they seem as I was looking for.
To Stugga: Thank you but it's much money for such cheap books. Nevertheless, I can wait till March so if you don't mind, please bring the books and contact with me again (by pm) at the relevant time.

Once again, thanks for your kind posts.

Javi.

stugga
08-01-2013, 23:32
no probs, i dont mind and will e staying in golf del sur

CaribeCelt
09-01-2013, 00:10
I will be in Tenerife from the 5th of February and would happily bring them over.

CaribeCelt
09-01-2013, 23:12
Just got the books Javier.
P.M. me,so we can sort a place to meet.

Javi
10-01-2013, 00:40

I've just sent you a pm...:thanx:

Javi
08-02-2013, 13:38

Hi CaribeCelt,

Thank you very much for your unpayable help. My son is already enjoying the books.

It was nice to meet you and your uncle yesterday. Hope we can meet us again before you are leaving the islands.

Thanks to all those who offered their help on the forum. :c2: