PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Advice needed

karinagal
05-01-2013, 23:08
At my apartment complex there are 2 cats who are owned by someone who lives nearby. They inherited the cats and a dog when the owner, their mother, passed away. One of the cats (white) has cancer and it's affecting his ears and his nose. Although he's eating ok (they come to me to be fed whenever I am here) his nose is so bad that he often has trouble breathing through it and sometimes gets quite distressed by it. The owner has been spoken to by full time residents about getting the cat to a vet for treatment, but he claims not to have the money to be able to do anything about it (although he seemed to have enough money to get his kitchen remodelled recently). He's not the type of person I would feel comfortable approaching - especially as I'm only a frequent visitor, not a full time resident. Are there any organisations who would intercede in the best interests of the animal? An equivalent to our RSPCA? The cat really needs to see a vet, but it might also be suffering in others ways that I can't see. If it came to it, I wouldn't be able to make the decision to put him to sleep as I don't own him... Any (constructive) advice would be gratefully received..

Susief
05-01-2013, 23:26
Might be worth contacting Sharon at Cats charity, think she is cat woman on here.
Am sure she would help if possible.

Pets@Home
06-01-2013, 01:17
SHARON CATS WELFARE, she will sort for u.

662 524 006

she doesnt care what she has to do to help an animal in distress, pls CALL HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karinagal
06-01-2013, 17:12
I'll get in touch with her, I only hope she can help.. 43274328

It breaks my heart to see him like this - he's such an affectionate wee thing..

canarybird
06-01-2013, 18:43
I hope you're able to get some solution very soon. I'm really sorry to see this poor cat suffering.

White cats are susceptible to nose and ear cancer caused by the strong sunlight here. I've had a couple of ginger & white cats with this. He needs to get to a vet immediately if he is to be saved, and there's no guarantee that it can be cured.

Good luck to you and this kitty.

karinagal
06-01-2013, 19:31
I hope you're able to get some solution very soon. I'm really sorry to see this poor cat suffering.

White cats are susceptible to nose and ear cancer caused by the strong sunlight here. I've had a couple of ginger & white cats with this. He needs to get to a vet immediately if he is to be saved, and there's no guarantee that it can be cured.

Good luck to you and this kitty.

I've been in touch with Sharon at Cats Welfare and she will take action for me - bless her! I make monthly contributions to a Tenerife animal charity and change it on a yearly basis, so it looks like this years charity has just been chosen!

Pets@Home
06-01-2013, 21:04
I work with her, she is good, beyond words, the amount of cats she helps, on her own, is just hard to fathom, how she does it, how she makes the time, and how she raises all the money, incredible x

karinagal
07-01-2013, 17:01
Stevie has been collected by Sharon. She'll let me know what the vet says but it's not looking good for the wee man.. My hearts in my boots but I can't watch him suffer anymore.. :(

karinagal
07-01-2013, 18:41
Sharon called to say that the vet decided that as Stevie would have been in a lot of pain, it was best to end his suffering. We're both heartbroken but it's the kindest thing to do. Thanks for everyone's help and advice and thanks again to Sharon for helping me out.

This thread can now be closed..

dotty1
07-01-2013, 19:28
Sharon called to say that the vet decided that as Stevie would have been in a lot of pain, it was best to end his suffering. We're both heartbroken but it's the kindest thing to do. Thanks for everyone's help and advice and thanks again to Sharon for helping me out.

This thread can now be closed..
Well done for your care as well Karen I know you have looked after that kitty everytime you have been here you did the best thing for it, bless you.

Pets@Home
07-01-2013, 23:24
THANKYOU so much for putting this on the Forum with photos, the VET was shocked at the state of the cat, he is now in cat heaven, so thanks, and people please donate to CATS WELFARE, she does this all on her own, and helps so many cats thankyou xxxxxxxxxx