PDA

View Full Version : Fiestas Feliz Dia de Los Reyes

Malteser Monkey
06-01-2013, 13:35
Flippin' Eck

Have you lot forgotten what day it is:doh:

hope you all have a lovely day and lots of pressies for the kids oh and Slodgie coz he's a big kid !:D

:party3:

chifleta
06-01-2013, 15:03
ahhh yes PAH HUMBUG, Reyes, the day I give my son a little token gift (as we celebrate Santa in this house) and then make him help me take the decorations down.... and OH MY GOD how much DUST is there now.... so tomorrow as he's off college for yet another day, i'm going to make him help me clean... what a lovely mummy I am I am :D

Santiago
06-01-2013, 15:12
There is a celebratory meal being served in the Vault to celebrate the occasion!

cainaries
06-01-2013, 15:20
There is a celebratory meal being served in the Vault to celebrate the occasion!

You beat me to it, Santi! Come on down!

Malteser Monkey
06-01-2013, 16:45
You beat me to it, Santi! Come on down!

What is this "The price is right" C ?:D

canarybird
06-01-2013, 16:52
Happy Dia de Reyes! And if you know the customs here, then you have to go out and buy a ROSCON DE REYES which is a sweet brioche in the form of a circle, often with bits of dried fruit in the batter, cut crosswise and filled with whipped cream or a vanilla custard. (Personally I prefer the one stuffed with whipped cream.)

It's topped with a gold paper crown and custom has it that there is a prize inside, which can be in the shape of a tiny porcelain king. Sometimes there is also a dried bean, which if found means the unlucky recipient has to pay for the cakes of the others at his table.

In USA this is called King's Cake and is served around the time of Mardi Gras.

Here is one I saw today when I went for coffee and cake at a new pastry shop in La Paz, Pto. de la Cruz.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/LIFE/Winter-2012/i-c5dScVS/0/L/P1170251%20redu-L.jpg

Weather is beautiful and there is minimal haze from the calima. Here's the view from my table:

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/LIFE/Winter-2012/i-xBZx3zC/0/L/P1170258%20redu-L.jpg

Canarybird

Malteser Monkey
06-01-2013, 22:52
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so jealous just had another Xmas pud with ice cream CB