PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 13th January 2013 - CD Tenerife v CD Marino

Fred Perry
07-01-2013, 11:52
SUNDAY 13th JAN

CD TENERIFE vs CD MARINO

Kick off Midday

Itīs the "mini-derby" in the Heliodoro as CD Marino from the South of Tenerife take on CD Tenerife
in the Heliodoro. Top versus bottom but Tenerife should not take anything for granted as derby matches can throw up some strange results. It will be interesting to see how many supporters Marino take up to Santa Cruz for this historic match(it is the first time that CDT have played an official game at home against a fellow Island team). There is no rivalry whatsover between the two clubs and it would be fair to say that most Marino fans follow CD Tenerife as well.

How it stands;
http://www.resultados-futbol.com/segundab/grupo1

FinnKris
13-01-2013, 13:47
0-0 at Half Time.

Basically one-way traffic as expected with CDT yet to score but with quite a few chances. I feel it's only a matter of time before the floodgates open up, surely Marino can't hold on.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

1-0 to CDT the Final Score.

I was starting to get worried that we wouldn't be able to break down the spirited CD Marino defense with the excellent goalie Alberto as the last hurdle. But a great ball by Suso set Guillem Marti nicely through & he finished superbly.

Crucial 3 points in the race for first place. I really like Marino as well, so hopefully they get a boost from their performance today & can somehow go on a run to escape relegation as unlikely as that seems right now.

polremy
13-01-2013, 15:55
I was there as a TDC virgin.
Really enjoyed the experience but was beginning to think I wouldn't see the Tenerife goals I was led to expect.
So glad that it ended well and probably both sides were quite pleased with the outcome.

Fred Perry
13-01-2013, 19:14
Yeah, we all thought it was going to be "one of those days". I think the stats read 22 shots on goal by Tenerife to 0 from Marino but its the goals that count ofcourse. Another clean sheet by the blanquiazules and that makes it four games on trot without conceeding so with a defence so tight you can nick games like we did today.

IF we had scored early doors (Suso hit the post and missed a very good chance) I think it would have been more of a comfortable win but as time went on frustrations started. Anyway, a win is a win. Have to wait on other scores now to see where we end up later.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Fans protest about the early kick off times.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2q19ytg.jpg

KirstyJay
13-01-2013, 22:20
I was there as a TDC virgin.You should have introduced yourself!