PDA

View Full Version : At what age is breast feeding inappropriate?

Malteser Monkey
07-01-2013, 17:47
Having a discussion at lunchtime about what I experienced the other day whilst using Public transport during rush hour.

A young girl with a toddler of around 4 years old and a tiny baby.

Now I can whole heartidly understand that when that little one wants feeding it a Mother's duty to provide....and one must look the other way etc. However when it was the toddler who wanted feeding I would have thought that a bottle of juice or something may have been a bit more appropriate ??

Now I know I wasn't the only one thinking this as they were sniggles and raised eyebrows.

So is it just me ?

(hope I'm not going to regret posting this)

Tickey
07-01-2013, 18:05
Sounds inappropriate to me and pretty gross :wow:

casabonny
07-01-2013, 18:20
I think this is totally inappropriate and actually quite offensive.I personally am not a fan of breast feeding and do not like seeing it done in public BUT I do understand that many women want to do this .But at fouryearsold ???? No way.

Ecky Thump
07-01-2013, 18:28
If a few of our members who now post elsewhere, I am sure their answer would be NEVER to old!!:lol:

Medman
07-01-2013, 18:38
If a few of our members who now post elsewhere, I am sure their answer would be NEVER to old!!:lol:

Ah prefer ra botil masel ......... :trink2:

Balcony
07-01-2013, 18:39
I dont see what the problem is. Why be embarrased at something natural?
So, 4 years old...maybe the toddler's just slow.

karinagal
07-01-2013, 18:43
Breast feeding is natural and the best option for babies - but when they're old enough to eat McDonalds happy meals and/or eat with a knife and fork then in my mind its just plain weird..

Westminster
07-01-2013, 19:08
I used to take afternoon tea in John Lewis Kingston upon Thames, but had to stop because of the number of women breast feeding.

It was like a convention, or a sort of sponsered event.

I now take my tea black!

Suej
07-01-2013, 19:15
Having a discussion at lunchtime about what I experienced the other day whilst using Public transport during rush hour.

Now I can whole heartidly understand that when that little one wants feeding it a Mother's duty to provide....and one must look the other way etc. However when it was the toddler who wanted feeding I would have thought that a bottle of juice or something may have been a bit more appropriate ??

Now I know I wasn't the only one thinking this as they were sniggles and raised eyebrows.

So is it just me ?

Not just you Monkey! I would feel the same! Was the toddler a little boy?:wink2:

warbey
07-01-2013, 19:41
Funny old world this is.

Pictures of topless Women of all shapes and sizes are everywhere. I, for one. don't object.

When You see , in the Flesh a Woman feeding a Child, albeit not a Baby, We get a bit squeamish at a natural function, as nature intended.

Hey Ho, off to see My Anylist...............:sorry::sorry::raspberry2::f latcap::flatcap::male::D

Pooh
07-01-2013, 19:49
It used to be the normal thing, until western so called morals took over, to breast feed children until they were about three years old.
Of course, the second and third year they ate other food too, but breast feeding as a complement.
The last couple of hundred years, what is called "natural" have been twisted by some kind of opinions many people call morals.

junglejim
07-01-2013, 21:01
You better not ask Walliams of Little Britain then !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuPBbFOiygo

Malteser Monkey
07-01-2013, 21:19

Oh yes !

I dont see what the problem is. Why be embarrased at something natural?
So, 4 years old...maybe the toddler's just slow.

She weren't slow believe me

Not just you Monkey! I would feel the same! Was the toddler a little boy?:wink2:

No a very sprightly girl tho the baby was a boy

Funny old world this is.

Pictures of topless Women of all shapes and sizes are everywhere. I, for one. don't object.

When You see , in the Flesh a Woman feeding a Child, albeit not a Baby, We get a bit squeamish at a natural function, as nature intended.

Hey Ho, off to see My Anylist...............:sorry::sorry::raspberry2::f latcap::flatcap::male::D

Oh I get you Warbs but "there's more "......................who was that comedian there's more ?

You better not ask Walliams of Little Britain then !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuPBbFOiygo

have to watch that tomorrow mate

What happened next was the toddler got very angry when the baby needed feeding - Mum was giving a running commentary how you shouldn't do this dear and so on. I can't go into too much detail but the passengers just didn't know what to do.

I think I have my answers to make me feel that I wasn't so wrong in what I was feeling

thank you

little voice
07-01-2013, 21:22

So is it just me ?

I think when a child is old enough to help there self to the boob they are old enough to use a proper cup or something instead of embarassing there mother who needs to take control before the child takes the lead

Davie Thistle
07-01-2013, 21:29
.........Wot!?!?!?:wow:
6 months!
and I mean the mother not the kids!!!
eeeeeeeeeeeyuch!!:o

:scared:

chifleta
07-01-2013, 21:56
I think that's a bit too old to still be feeding publicly, but i've nothing against women breastfeeding their young babes in public... there was a poor mum on the bus to Cristianos the other day, stood up with her i'd say 2-3 week old baby in the pram on the bus (no-one offered her a seat - it was one of the wide aisle, sparse seating type buses they have here)... her baby starting crying, obviously need feeding... she took babe out of pram, again no-one offered her seat, in the end I got off my perch (the gap between two seats where the wheel rim/arch is) and let her sit there to feed her baby, and I stood in front of her as a couple of the blokes instead of offering their seats, decided to ogle grrr..... so no, i've nothing against breastfeeding, but I do think there is a general lack of education and consideration in the world nowadays....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL my son kept shouting "bittyyyyyy" up to the balcony when he was younger, until I threatened to flop'em out hahahahahaha :)

warbey
07-01-2013, 22:01
Oh yes !

y

Oh I get you Warbs but "there's more "......................who was that comedian there's more ?

What happened next was the toddler got very angry when the baby needed feeding - Mum was giving a running commentary how you shouldn't do this dear and so on. I can't go into too much detail but the passengers just didn't know what to do.

I think I have my answers to make me feel that I wasn't so wrong in what I was feeling

thank you

Twas a Comedian who was quite funny. Frank Carson maybe.?

bonitatime
07-01-2013, 22:22
It wasn't for me but there is a long history of feeding children to this age

Malteser Monkey
07-01-2013, 22:26
I think that's a bit too old to still be feeding publicly, but i've nothing against women breastfeeding their young babes in public... there was a poor mum on the bus to Cristianos the other day, stood up with her i'd say 2-3 week old baby in the pram on the bus (no-one offered her a seat - it was one of the wide aisle, sparse seating type buses they have here)... her baby starting crying, obviously need feeding... she took babe out of pram, again no-one offered her seat, in the end I got off my perch (the gap between two seats where the wheel rim/arch is) and let her sit there to feed her baby, and I stood in front of her as a couple of the blokes instead of offering their seats, decided to ogle grrr..... so no, i've nothing against breastfeeding, but I do think there is a general lack of education and consideration in the world nowadays....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL my son kept shouting "bittyyyyyy" up to the balcony when he was younger, until I threatened to flop'em out hahahahahaha :)

thnaks chiffy that's just what I mean

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Twas a Comedian who was quite funny. Frank Carson maybe.?

googled it Jimmy Cricket sorry but thanks warbs

Mrs Browns boys on now - hope they ain't hanging off the pechuga:D