PDA

View Full Version : How do I avoid getting timewasters when advertising job positions in Tenerife?

tlsc
08-01-2013, 16:01
i have been advertising for staff for some time on the tenerife forum and thanks to them i have taken on some really good staff that have stayed with me and doing really well.....i want to ask other companys looking for staff....do you get a lot of time wasters.....they ask for details about the job.....you send a contact phone number or offer to call then back....and then never hear anything again....how do you think i can get round this.

warbey
08-01-2013, 21:46
People are looking for jobs. Employers do not always give particulars in Public. for various reasons, competition etc.

Job seekers then enquire, and perhaps decide against going further as the Job doesn't suit Them

To leave Their options open, they say little about the Suitability of the Vacancy.

Publish a terrific Job with good Pay, Conditions, Holidays and advancement opportunities, and the Queue will be around the Block.

It's another version of Marketing, surely.?

Boyface
08-01-2013, 21:54
People are looking for jobs. Employers do not always give particulars in Public. for various reasons, competition etc.

Job seekers then enquire, and perhaps decide against going further as the Job doesn't suit Them

To leave Their options open, they say little about the Suitability of the Vacancy.

Publish a terrific Job with good Pay, Conditions, Holidays and advancement opportunities, and the Queue will be around the Block.

It's another version of Marketing, surely.?

Agree, most adverts gain only a small conversion percentage surely?

Also to view applicants as time wasters is not the best way forward regardless of whether they take the enquiry further?

warbey
08-01-2013, 22:01
Agree, most adverts gain only a small conversion percentage surely?

Also to view applicants as time wasters is not the best way forward regardless of whether they take the enquiry further?

Good jobs and word gets around.

Try getting Employees to recruit Staff. If it's good for Them They can say so. A bonus per Recruit helps.

I suspect all is not rosy though.

marbro8
08-01-2013, 22:02
you get time wasters, tyre kickers in all walks of life:( they are looking for something for nothing and when they find out that they have to put something into it they can't be bothered:dontknow:

warbey
08-01-2013, 22:05
:
you get time wasters, tyre kickers in all walks of life:( they are looking for something for nothing and when they find out that they have to put something into it they can't be bothered:dontknow:

I agree Champ. Does Santa.?......lol.....:D:D:wow:.

marbro8
08-01-2013, 22:09
:

I agree Champ. Does Santa.?......lol.....:D:D:wow:.:lol::lol::lol: nice one;)

YOUNG GOLFER
09-01-2013, 00:56

Wow welcome to my world pmsl.

tlsc
09-01-2013, 12:43
from what i have read i think its time to place a better thread with more details....we do at the moment get lots of new starters from staff that work with us.....thanks for all your comments and advice

KirstyJay
09-01-2013, 13:00
My advice would be to include as much information as you can in the initial advert. On the forum we have a thread at the top of the jobs sections entitled 'job posting rules'. This thread contains an outline of how we would expect an employee to word and ad and what that ad should contain.

You'd be surprised how few people include important information such as location, when you'd think it'd be obvious that a person living in Puerto de la Cruz would need to know if a job was in the North of South before knowing if the job was good for them or not.

You mention timewasters as being the applicants, but I would also say that a badly worded job ad is a timewaster too, as it wastes the time and money of applicants who call or travel to an interview only to find out that the job is unsuitable due to location, hours, conditions, etc.

Write a good, informative ad and you'll get less timewasters. Think about your applicants' time too :)

warbey
09-01-2013, 21:04
Kirsty, Wouldn't line two read better instead of Employee should be Prospective Employer..?

julia44
10-01-2013, 08:00
On the flip side I have sent PMs and emails for vacancies as requested and the advertiser does not bother replying.