PDA

View Full Version : Where is my thread?

Javi
10-01-2013, 00:10
Hi,

Yesterday, I started a new thread at Learn Spanish sub-forum offering Spanish Lessons and I could not find it today. I wonder if it was removed because I've had not any notification about it though.

Any idea of what happened?

Thanks,

Javi.

slodgedad
10-01-2013, 00:15
It was removed as advertising.

It was not in response to a question but a stand alone advert which is against Forum rules

Javi
10-01-2013, 00:25
It was removed as advertising.

It was not in response to a question but a stand alone advert which is against Forum rules

I am terribly sorry because I didn't want to break any rule.

I guess I'll have to post my thread in another place.

Thanks for letting me know.

slodgedad
10-01-2013, 00:30
You can always include it in your signature,

In that way it's seen every time you post.

Javi
10-01-2013, 00:38
You can always include it in your signature,

In that way it's seen every time you post.

OK. Perhaps...but isn't this a kind of advertising?. I'll try to post it in another sub-forum

slodgedad
10-01-2013, 00:44
OK. Perhaps...but isn't this a kind of advertising?. I'll try to post it in another sub-forum

It is, but it is allowed.

Posting the same thread in another section, however, is not.

KirstyJay
10-01-2013, 12:35
If you want to know what is, or isn't allowed, then why not read the Tenerife Forum Rules (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=89)? ;) It's all explained in there :)

Javi
10-01-2013, 14:33
It is, but it is allowed.

Posting the same thread in another section, however, is not.

Thank you KirstyJay. Slodgedad has already explained me what happened...crystal clear.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 14:42
Thank you KirstyJay. Slodgedad has already explained me what happened...crystal clear.

Javi can I be really picky and tell you before someone else makes a big thing out of it, your signature should read "tailored to your needs"

Suerte hombre ! maybe you can pick holes in my Spanish when I type on a thread :D

Javi
10-01-2013, 14:56
Javi can I be really picky and tell you before someone else makes a big thing out of it, your signature should read "tailored to your needs"

Suerte hombre ! maybe you can pick holes in my Spanish when I type on a thread :D

Thank you for your help and sorry for my grammar mistake...I don't think anybody make a big thing out of it, people are nice on the forum.

I really appreciate that people like yourself has the interest and spend a bit of their time in helping me with my English instead of making a mountain of a molehill.

Suerte para ti también.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 15:09
Thank you for your help and sorry for my grammar mistake...I don't think anybody make a big thing out of it, people are nice on the forum.

I really appreciate that people like yourself has the interest and spend a bit of their time in helping me with my English instead of making a mountain of a molehill.

Suerte para ti también.

Absolutely and thank you

warbey
10-01-2013, 20:58
Absolutely and thank you

I agree Hun.... Salud.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 21:54
I agree Hun.... Salud.

You have to or else:twak:

warbey
10-01-2013, 21:57
You have to or else:twak:

Don't I know it.!!!:spin::spin::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 21:59
Don't I know it.!!!:spin::spin::laugh:

back down that cellar now SueJ be along soon

warbey
10-01-2013, 22:02

Ouch, that hurt What's Suej carrying..?...OOOOoooooeeerrrr

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 22:03
Ouch, that hurt What's Suej carrying..?...OOOOoooooeeerrrr

you've been there before do you need reminding:twak:

cainaries
10-01-2013, 22:03

Another thread hijacked!

I wish I could go to Spanish classes with Javi but I'm too far away. Would it be possible to ask questions online or by email, Javi, do you think? I don't quite know how you would manage the financing of that but I do have a paypal account! Wow. I have a Spanish teacher who speaks no English. This has its good points and its bad points. Would, could, should, might ... ah, such problemas with those.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 22:12
Another thread hijacked!

Oi mujer at least all the threads hijacked now are friendly he's just mated me ........... in a you know what kinda way. Get the coffee on I haven't had my dinner yet:D:D

cainaries
10-01-2013, 22:38
Oi mujer at least all the threads hijacked now are friendly he's just mated me ........... in a you know what kinda way. Get the coffee on I haven't had my dinner yet:D:D

'mated you'? And now you want coffee! Aieeee mi madre. 'Kay. Coffee on. A barraquito I take it? With vodka espresso or 43? I'll join you!

PS there is a moussaka ready to go in the mic if you'd like it? Made yesterday by my own fair hand. it is becoming my 'signature dish' OK now I am off to the Vault.

Megaloo
10-01-2013, 22:56
'mated you'? And now you want coffee! Aieeee mi madre. 'Kay. Coffee on. A barraquito I take it? With vodka espresso or 43? I'll join you!

PS there is a moussaka ready to go in the mic if you'd like it? Made yesterday by my own fair hand. it is becoming my 'signature dish' OK now I am off to the Vault.

Do you mind?? I am trying to lose weight and you are making my mouth water and hunger pangs going?:(

Fivepence
10-01-2013, 22:57
Another thread hijacked!

I wish I could go to Spanish classes with Javi but I'm too far away. Would it be possible to ask questions online or by email, Javi, do you think? I don't quite know how you would manage the financing of that but I do have a paypal account! Wow. I have a Spanish teacher who speaks no English. This has its good points and its bad points. Would, could, should, might ... ah, such problemas with those.

Could you not learn from Javi via Skype Cainaries?..............Just a thought.

cainaries
10-01-2013, 23:09

Brilliant idea! I'll send him a PM. Thanks.

Javi
11-01-2013, 09:20
Another thread hijacked!

Hi Canaries,

Of course you can ask questions either online or by email. I will glad to help you. I have sent you a pm.

Thank you so much for you interest.

Warbey and Malteser...be good ;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for your contribution.

Malteser Monkey
11-01-2013, 09:55

I always need a coffee after a mating !:lol:

Not a lover of Moussaka, don't like auber wotsits

warbey
11-01-2013, 20:47
I always need a coffee after a mating !:lol:

Not a lover of Moussaka, don't like auber wotsits

The silence is deafening..

We have to behave Double M, so I'm getting off My Knees, cos there's not enough Toga to get on for My Mate....:devil2:.

P.S. I thought You had said Rubber wotsits.....(back to the Dungeon)

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2013, 12:24
The silence is deafening..

We have to behave Double M, so I'm getting off My Knees, cos there's not enough Toga to get on for My Mate....:devil2:.

P.S. I thought You had said Rubber wotsits.....(back to the Dungeon)

Noooo Those long green/purple auber wotsits - yuck !

Have you shaved your legs Warbs ?

warbey
12-01-2013, 20:26
Noooo Those long green/purple auber wotsits - yuck !

Have you shaved your legs Warbs ?

Wasn't Me who used the Razor Hun.

None grew on them after I was about 30.
P_lenty evrywhere else though, except for a Hole in the Roof..

cainaries
16-01-2013, 23:12

Fivepence .. This was such a brilliant and simple idea, thank you so much. Had my first Spanish lesson (no, not a French lesson, MM .. watchit you) ... with Javi via skype tonight. Very successful apart from skype itself but I do live in hillbilly country with rather intermittent internet connections. Lesson 2 planned for next week. I would offer to buy you a drink but that is more difficult to do via skype.

Fivepence
17-01-2013, 00:24
Fivepence .. This was such a brilliant and simple idea, thank you so much. Had my first Spanish lesson (no, not a French lesson, MM .. watchit you) ... with Javi via skype tonight. Very successful apart from skype itself but I do live in hillbilly country with rather intermittent internet connections. Lesson 2 planned for next week. I would offer to buy you a drink but that is more difficult to do via skype.

Thanks for your kind words. :thanx:

I'm glad about that cainaries but sorry about your connection problems.
I use Skype to speak with friends in Ireland and although I have a fast cable broadband connection at home, my friends are out in the country and have to use a MiFi booster.
It's better than just a dongle but depending on the weather conditions, the quality of the connection can still vary.
If you're can't have a cable connection because of your location, it may be worth considering, ask your network supplier because they all do them.

cainaries
17-01-2013, 21:15
Thanks for your kind words. :thanx:

I'm glad about that cainaries but sorry about your connection problems.
I use Skype to speak with friends in Ireland and although I have a fast cable broadband connection at home, my friends are out in the country and have to use a MiFi booster.
It's better than just a dongle but depending on the weather conditions, the quality of the connection can still vary.
If you're can't have a cable connection because of your location, it may be worth considering, ask your network supplier because they all do them.

Thanks, fivepence. We started with video in order to have the face-to-face lesson experience (!) but I suspect it worked better when we abandoned that after we both had an idea what the other one looked like!!:D:D I don't usually try to use the video calls when I speak to my friends in the UK. But, then, I know what they look like.;)

I think I am going to invest in a set of skype headphones.