PDA

View Full Version : Relocation How many people left Tenerife in 2012?

princessmonika
10-01-2013, 11:39
a lot of people are going back to the UK and other countries for one reason or another --i wonder how many left tenerife in 2012:airplane: does anybody know????

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 11:44
a lot of people are going back to the UK and other countries for one reason or another --i wonder how many left tenerife in 2012:airplane: does anybody know????

Well it ain't for the weather

An interesting question - but is it possible to find out ?

TOTO 99
10-01-2013, 12:00
Oddly enough you don't get many on here saying they are leaving the island.

I wasn't aware that there were lots of people leaving to be honest.

It would be nice to hear from the people that are. They can't all be bad news?

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 12:05
Oddly enough you don't get many on here saying they are leaving the island.

I wasn't aware that there were lots of people leaving to be honest.

It would be nice to hear from the people that are. They can't all be bad news?

I left but that was 12 years ago, does that count ?

TOTO 99
10-01-2013, 12:10

I assume they're still celebrating, so yeah, it counts..:lol:

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 12:16

Ooooo that hurts - gawn off you now:bootyshake:

Suej
10-01-2013, 14:48
A lot more leaving than arriving I would think! A lot boils down to UK Benefits!!!:whistle:

honda
10-01-2013, 15:45
A lot more leaving than arriving I would think! A lot boils down to UK Benefits!!!:whistle:

And the lack of Tenerife employment. :cry:

universal
10-01-2013, 17:07
Below is an extract, translated from one official release:
September was the month that has seen a larger number of people leaving, with 6924, followed by February (6428) and March (6389).
Since January 2011 almost one million people have left Spain. To be exact, 927,890 people, 117,523 of which were Spanish and 810,367 were foreign.
The following is another report from the National institute of Statistics: This was dated 17th. January 2012 (so does not include 2012)
Por primera vez en la última década, el saldo migratorio en España es negativo. Esto significa que el número de personas que sale del país es mayor que el número de personas que entran en él.
La culpa de este dato la tienen las 507.740 personas que abandonaron España en los últimos doce meses, según datos del Instituto Nacional de Estadística(INE). De ese más de medio millón de personas, 62.580 fueron españoles que decidieron abandonar el país, huyendo de la crisis capitalista que atraviesa.

princessmonika
10-01-2013, 17:17
that does not give us tenerife alone--

chifleta
10-01-2013, 17:30

ouchhhhhhhhhhh................... though I still laughed :D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

that does not give us tenerife alone--

or even the Canaries as a whole .... hmmm

I live in El Fraile and i've noticed a HUGE mass exodus.... a lot less South Americans .... regarding the Brits i wouldn't know, I tend to avoid them.... LOL oh wait, I tend to avoid everyone :)

But I'm still here :lol:

Fivepence
10-01-2013, 17:34

I heard a rumour that it was about that time when the Russians and Romanians moved in to fill the void you left. :whistle:

universal
10-01-2013, 17:35
9,077 left the archipelago in 2012, according to Europa Press (this figure presumably only includes those who were "Empadronado" and who bothered to notify the authorities they were leaving.)

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2013, 17:39
I heard a rumour that it was about that time when the Russians and Romanians moved in to fill the void you left. :whistle:

Right pack it in you lot !I have feelings you know !:cry::cry:

warbey
10-01-2013, 20:41
Maybe not exactly on Topic, but reading on Here, it seems there are still quite a few arriving.

any figures on that. Does it even Out.?

P.S. Just figure/s IN and Out Totals.

tfs_longlets
10-01-2013, 21:38
My guess is that those figures will not be available for at least another 11 months and will probably not be accurate anyway for each nationality. I know of some Brits who stayed here, operating in the black economy, but have found the economic situation too much to handle. They would not have been on any official figures.

9PLUS
10-01-2013, 23:49
9,077 left the archipelago in 2012, according to Europa Press (this figure presumably only includes those who were "Empadronado" and who bothered to notify the authorities they were leaving.)

I remember reading 30000 Canarians under the age of 35 had left in 2012

I wonder how true that was

dede
11-01-2013, 08:23
Well as you know Monica we are leaving the island in march. We have had 10 nice years living here but the time has come to hang up my stapler lol. We are leaving for a combination of reasons and not because of employment as we have both been lucky in that department. Im a great believer of the old saying never say never as you really dont know what the future holds.so it's the UK for us in march and I cant wait ....ive a feeling we are the first of many for 2013...

Goldenmaniac
11-01-2013, 10:19
If you go to the institute of statistics there is some interesting info - most only up until the 3rd quarter of 2012 - you can tailor the enquiry to what you are interested in eg
Saldo migratorio extranjeros
2012M01 2012M02 2012M03 2012M04 2012M05 2012M06 2012M07 2012M08 2012M09
-9.977 -6.532 -8.557 -12.055 -12.723 -15.841 -15.774 -16.992 -13.639

Shows the reduction of numbers of foreigners (All nationalities and legally registered) month by month up to Sep 2012
source: http://www.ine.es/jaxi/tabla.do?path=/t38/p604/a2000/l0/&file=0103001.px&type=pcaxis&L=0

But stats aside my instinct is that while many have left new arrivals are on the increase - in the Brit community anyway.

princessmonika
11-01-2013, 10:31
yes dede-- going to miss you ,my new found friend-- but keep in touch from the UK- Meet up with you before you go:bestwishes::cheers2:

honda
11-01-2013, 14:32
Seems to me that many people move here, have a couple of years, then go back home.

universal
11-01-2013, 19:09
According to this report the total population in the Canaries is 0.4% down year on year as of 01.01.13.

CANARIAS DESCIENDE EN POBLACIÓN A UNO DE ENERO DE 2012 SEGÚN LOS PADRONES MUNICIPALES .
Real Decreto /2012, de 21 de diciembre por el que se declaran oficiales las cifras de población resultantes de la revisión del Padrón municipal referidas al 1 de enero de 2012.

El Consejo de Ministros ha aprobado un Real Decreto que declara oficiales las cifras de población resultantes de la revisión del padrón a 1 de enero de 2012.
La población total en España, a 1 de enero de 2012 asciende a 47.265.321 personas, lo que supone un incremento total en términos absolutos de 47.828 habitantes respecto al año anterior, un 0,2 por 100 más que un año antes.

Por Comunidades Autónomas, se han producido incrementos en la población de todas ellas, entre el 0’1 por 100 (Madrid) y el 0,6 por 100 (Baleares), salvo en las 5 siguientes: Extremadura (-0’1 por 100), Asturias (-0’4 por 100), Canarias (-0’4 por 100), Castilla y León (-0’5 por 100) y Galicia (-0’5 por 100).
Publicado por Roberto García Fernández en martes, diciembre 25, 2012

chifleta
11-01-2013, 21:21
Seems to me that many people move here, have a couple of years, then go back home.

yup, not many long termers who actually call Tenerife "home" ....

bonitatime
11-01-2013, 23:35
Not sure I would call a couple of years long térm
If you get to 7 years and stay then except for something very strange I am not sure you will then go back

chifleta
12-01-2013, 10:46
If you get to 7 years and stay then except for something very strange I am not sure you will then go back
I didnt type that right, honda said they stay a couple of years and then go "home" which i take to mean the Uk Or wherever... but i call Tenerife my home because it is, and has been since the first day i moved here... but most people never do feel that it is their home. Even long termers still call UK their home e.g. how many times do you hear "are you going home for xmas?" ?... oops i have gone off on a tangent. I knew what i meant. A lot of people are just passing through, use Tenerife for however long they can, then just bugger off when it no longer serves their purpose... i am a long termer, my body will be donated to science here when i kick the bucket lol ... now i better go down the gym as im not intending on snuffing it for a good 50 years at least, so need to keep fit :-)

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2013, 12:26

VERY strange Bonita - 10 years then I met OH !:D

Suej
12-01-2013, 16:00
I didnt type that right, honda said they stay a couple of years and then go "home" which i take to mean the Uk Or wherever... but i call Tenerife my home because it is, and has been since the first day i moved here... but most people never do feel that it is their home. Even long termers still call UK their home e.g. how many times do you hear "are you going home for xmas?" ?... oops i have gone off on a tangent. I knew what i meant. A lot of people are just passing through, use Tenerife for however long they can, then just bugger off when it no longer serves their purpose... i am a long termer, my body will be donated to science here when i kick the bucket lol ... now i better go down the gym as im not intending on snuffing it for a good 50 years at least, so need to keep fit :-)

It's funny how for the first couple of years I lived here I always referred to UK as home! What's the weather like at home or we can't get this or that like we can at home! I never say these things anymore it's always England or UK so I guess now Tenerife is finally my real home! It's takes a bit of time to let go of our origins sometimes and feel we belong here! :D

warbey
12-01-2013, 20:43

Home is where the Heart is...

kingbaker
13-01-2013, 15:11

Does the future Mr. Chifleta realise that you intend to be around for the next 50 years?:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2013, 15:44

Home is where the Heart is...

Not the liver then or the brain:D

Does the future Mr. Chifleta realise that you intend to be around for the next 60 years?:laugh:

that would make her 110 I doubt it !:whistle::D

Well howdy doody KB !

kingbaker
13-01-2013, 16:36
Nice to be back online again. Computer fixed, but I don't know how long it will last. Local library

computers security setting, didn't allow TTF thru.

I spent a few hours caching-up, but am two months behind so it'll take a while.;)

oops sorry off topic and a bit rusty!!!!

chifleta
13-01-2013, 16:58
Does the future Mr. Chifleta realise that you intend to be around for the next 50 years?:laugh:

Yeah, poor sod hahahahahaha..... luckily he's got a better life insurance policy than me, so at least i know I won't be old AND poor hahahahaha

kingbaker
13-01-2013, 17:11
Yeah, poor sod hahahahahaha..... luckily he's got a better life insurance policy than me, so at least i know I won't be old AND poor hahahahaha

'Mr Chifleta'..................has a nice ring to it doesn't it. HA! HA!!:laugh:

honda
15-01-2013, 12:02
Nice to be back online again. Computer fixed, but I don't know how long it will last. Local library

I spent a few hours caching-up, but am two months behind so it'll take a while.;)

Welcome back.

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2013, 12:22

Probably coz It's shut down now - we're on TF.........Double M here :whistle::laugh:

kingbaker
15-01-2013, 17:43
swedfrghjk
Probably coz It's shut down now - we're on TF.........Double M here :whistle::laugh:

Sorry one T tooooooo many, just checkin dat you were awake Monkey :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::devil:

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2013, 17:46
swedfrghjk

Sorry one T tooooooo many, just checkin dat you were awake Monkey :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::devil:

you gotta watch your "T's" and "F's" :crylaughing:

Double M on form today ! only joking guys !:cheeky::cheeky:

kingbaker
15-01-2013, 17:53
you gotta watch your "T's" and "F's" :crylaughing:

Double M on form today ! only joking guys !:cheeky::cheeky:

Yeah! It used to be P'S and Q'S Its nice of you to be awake!! :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
16-01-2013, 11:27
Yeah! It used to be P'S and Q'S Its nice of you to be awake!! :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Quite surprising eh

Medanoman
24-01-2013, 15:01
I have been resident here for 13 years, Tenerife is home and i have raised a small family here. That makes it all the more painful to contemplate returning to the UK.
If my Canarian wife struggles to find work when she speaks English fluently and has run her own shop, and given work and paid taxes on 4 employees, but couldn't get a penny when she was on the dole. you can imagine what its like for an English person. Unemployment at 36 or 37 % and with more than half of the people on the dole are long term meaning over a year. There is also the worrying number of people who have lost all benefit.

It takes a lot in the uk to get your house repossessed, since most people will get interest payments or other help with the rent. But here there is a real danger of loosing everything and being lumbered with debt after repossession. Since property in general has collapsed leaving everyone with negative equity. ( And the Spanish constitution says every Spaniard has the right to a decent home..laughable )

So i would like the option to move back. When i came here it was to stay , to work and raise a family. To become Canarian, and mix very little with the uncouth loud English lol. But moving back is not easy. It is an admission on one level that perhaps you have failed in some way, so that perhaps explains why you do not hear much on that score. I made the mistake of remortgaging my home to start a shop on the seafront back in 2005, and all was wonderful for 3 years, but with rent at 3000 a month we were soon fecked when the down turn came. It came with avengeance and It took a hell of a lot of luck to sell our lease on for a 5th of what it originally cost. We were doing the correct thing, working and investing and nurturing a business that worked. What no one really saw was the collapse. We just got in at the peak because that was the thing to do back then.

So many , Many people got taken in. It was not the fault of Tenerife , but the banksters in General committing fraud on the libor and their high frequency trading scams and what ever else those scum do. That in the end got the little shop and bar owner.

So going back to the uk is beyond painful., I have no family there now, thats why it was easy to leave in the first place. I am related to half of Tenerife now and to see half of my Canarian Family on the dole too is not encouraging. The alternative in the uk isn't much nicer either what with residency tests and a cold that will penetrate down to our souls after so long living here. It all makes me hesitate, but unless you have an income stream coming in from somewhere else, this place can be Dantes infierno

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 15:07
A sad story Medanoman, you are obviously struggling.
I hope things improve for you soon. Good luck :goodluck:

TOTO 99
24-01-2013, 15:28
Very brave of you to share that with us Medanoman. I hope better times lie ahead for you and your family.

Good luck.

Malteser Monkey
24-01-2013, 15:41
A sad story Medanoman, you are obviously struggling.
I hope things improve for you soon. Good luck :goodluck:

was just going to correct you on that

such a shame I wish you all the best and hope you can find light at the end of tunnel

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 15:47
was just going to correct you on that

such a shame I wish you all the best and hope you can find light at the end of tunnel

Thanks Double M, you're like my own personal Mother Hen. :crylaughing::turkey:

Malteser Monkey
24-01-2013, 15:53
Thanks Double M, you're like my own personal Mother Hen. :crylaughing::turkey:

Always glad to be of service

not another comment Toto pls:whistle:

chifleta
24-01-2013, 16:25
I have been resident here for 13 years, Tenerife is home and i have raised a small family here. That makes it all the more painful to contemplate returning to the UK.
If my Canarian wife struggles to find work when she speaks English fluently and has run her own shop, and given work and paid taxes on 4 employees, but couldn't get a penny when she was on the dole. you can imagine what its like for an English person. Unemployment at 36 or 37 % and with more than half of the people on the dole are long term meaning over a year. There is also the worrying number of people who have lost all benefit.

It takes a lot in the uk to get your house repossessed, since most people will get interest payments or other help with the rent. But here there is a real danger of loosing everything and being lumbered with debt after repossession. Since property in general has collapsed leaving everyone with negative equity. ( And the Spanish constitution says every Spaniard has the right to a decent home..laughable )

So i would like the option to move back. When i came here it was to stay , to work and raise a family. To become Canarian, and mix very little with the uncouth loud English lol. But moving back is not easy. It is an admission on one level that perhaps you have failed in some way, so that perhaps explains why you do not hear much on that score. I made the mistake of remortgaging my home to start a shop on the seafront back in 2005, and all was wonderful for 3 years, but with rent at 3000 a month we were soon fecked when the down turn came. It came with avengeance and It took a hell of a lot of luck to sell our lease on for a 5th of what it originally cost. We were doing the correct thing, working and investing and nurturing a business that worked. What no one really saw was the collapse. We just got in at the peak because that was the thing to do back then.

So many , Many people got taken in. It was not the fault of Tenerife , but the banksters in General committing fraud on the libor and their high frequency trading scams and what ever else those scum do. That in the end got the little shop and bar owner.

So going back to the uk is beyond painful., I have no family there now, thats why it was easy to leave in the first place. I am related to half of Tenerife now and to see half of my Canarian Family on the dole too is not encouraging. The alternative in the uk isn't much nicer either what with residency tests and a cold that will penetrate down to our souls after so long living here. It all makes me hesitate, but unless you have an income stream coming in from somewhere else, this place can be Dantes infierno

I can understand the awful frustration to you both, that your wife, because she was self employed, won't get dole money. I think it's disgusting that you pay out such a huge amount in Autonoma payments each month, but aren't entitled to some form of benefit/aide when needed. I went to a seminar just over two years ago on autonoma and seguridad social and it was the deciding factor to not open my own business.. the rents for locals in Galletas are ridiculous too, and because the majority of the owners have no mortgage, they can just have their local sat empty if they don't accept a rental offer at a lower rate than what they are asking - it's probably the same in Abrigos. Frustrating as hell.

Whatever you do, hope all works out for the best for you and your family :)

kingbaker
24-01-2013, 16:37
I can understand the awful frustration to you both, that your wife, because she was self employed, won't get dole money. I think it's disgusting that you pay out such a huge amount in Autonoma payments each month, but aren't entitled to some form of benefit/aide when needed. I went to a seminar just over two years ago on autonoma and seguridad social and it was the deciding factor to not open my own business.. the rents for locals in Galletas are ridiculous too, and because the majority of the owners have no mortgage, they can just have their local sat empty if they don't accept a rental offer at a lower rate than what they are asking - it's probably the same in Abrigos. Frustrating as hell.

Whatever you do, hope all works out for the best for you and your family :)

Hi Chiffy, did you consider the on-line version of your idea? :tiphat::wave:

chifleta
24-01-2013, 16:56
Hi Chiffy, did you consider the on-line version of your idea? :tiphat::wave:

Yes :) - but i'd still have to take that risk of coming off the dole and going self employed - I can't afford to pay out stoopid money each month without the guarantee of it working. Part of my idea I could have just done on the sly online/word of mouth etc, but if i'd got caught out, i'd lose my dole and risk having to pay back to them, and the other part of my idea I HAVE to be legally self-employed. Hey ho, i've got patience. I'll need to find a job soon, and my mind set is saying to try find a job in a shop or supermarket as i've been out of work too long to think i'm mentally capable of much else (sounds wierd, but I know what I mean LOL sorry if you don't) - problem is, most companies are only giving out 3 month contracts then letting you go. Let's just say, I haven't had to attend an interview for a job for about 15 years, so it's damn scary. I've got a couple or three months breathing space left, then I need to really try and find something - in the meantime, i've got another 4 to 6kg left to reach my 42kg weight loss goal LOL so that's what i'll concentrate on...

if you get this message first by the way, i've just sent you a pm medanoman :) so check your inbox.

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 17:06
Good luck with the final 4 to 6 kg Chifleta, 42kg is a fantastic achievement and I congratulate you.... well done. :tiphat:

I'm sure you'll look fabulous in your wedding dress.:wow:

chifleta
24-01-2013, 17:16
Good luck with the final 4 to 6 kg Chifleta, 42kg is a fantastic achievement and I congratulate you.... well done. :tiphat:

I'm sure you'll look fabulous in your wedding dress.:wow:

nawwwwww shucks fanks fivepence :shy::kittylove:

Malteser Monkey
24-01-2013, 17:20

Ahh but you ain't told him you're down to 26 stone now :hide::bolt:

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 17:21

I've done the conversion to good old imperial measure now Chifleta and I'm even more impressed,,,,,,,,,,,it's over 6 and a half stones.
Don't want to make you bigheaded but ................. full marks Mrs.:c2::c2::c2::respect:

chifleta
24-01-2013, 17:29
Ahh but you ain't told him you're down to 26 stone now :hide::bolt:

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I've done the conversion to good old imperial measure now Chifleta and I'm even more impressed,,,,,,,,,,,it's over 6 and a half stones.
Don't want to make you bigheaded but ................. full marks Mrs.:c2::c2::c2::respect:

Thanks, oh i'm big headed about it, don't you worry hehehe.... the 6 stone loss was easy in comparrison - this last stone has been incredibly hard to shift :angry:

universal
25-01-2013, 10:42
The best of luck to you and your family in your re-location.
Looking on the bright side the U.K. has more people in employment than ever before.
My Canarian son-in -law has recently moved to the U.K. and with only pigeon English (but the right attitude) found agency work within the week.

princessmonika
25-01-2013, 15:46
so so sad to hear your story -- all the best for you and your family -- i hope you will have a better things coming your way