PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed about snorkelling at El Puertito

tinker
10-01-2013, 13:22
I'm wanting to go snorkelling.

Should I book in at our local dive centre inc transport, wet suit, guide and equipment for €32

Or will I get a better deal driving there myself and then is there some local guides/exercusions down there doing it cheaper?

I must admit I'm tempted to just pay and go with the local dive centre .

But thought its best to check

lesbroz
11-01-2013, 00:35
As far as I am aware there are no longer diving schools there. Nearest one is at the lido in Playa Paraiso.

nicki
11-01-2013, 09:47
If you are experienced you could do it on your own, but you need to buy your equipment then.
There is no divingschool there, only 1 bar.
the experience of snorkling there can be fantastic if the turtles are around, they sometimes come and take a look at you. Be aware of keeping your hands in a ball away from the turtles head (biting).
The trip down there with the car from playa las americas will take you about 12 minutes. and if you go alone you have nobody to watch your stuff while your in the water.
which ever way you decide enjoy it

deepdivejunkie
11-01-2013, 20:01
Why not have a "try dive" if your thinking of paying 32€ to go snorkelling? 10 to 15€ more but a better experience. The nearest dive centre to El Puertito is Barrakuda in Playa Paraiso, but many dive centres go there. Just pop into a few and ask.
If your attempting to do it yourself after getting the equipment, you'll have a long swim to do before you see anything much.

Tickey
11-01-2013, 20:25
If you are a confident swimmer DO IT YOURSELF you don't need much kit and the turtles are about 100m out (normally) Attach your car keys to your cozzy and leave your towel on the beach (that is all you need) it's a nice outing if you take a cool bag with a bit of a picnic sitting on the benches up top. If you have access to an underwater camera then all the better. Enjoy whatever you decide :tiphat:

tinker
14-01-2013, 10:10
Thankyou , I've attempted diving and due to inner ear issues I can't anymore but love the sea