PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Fun Dog Show, Xtreme Gym, Las Chafiras. 16th February

SuzyQ
10-01-2013, 17:47
Im organising a dog show on Saturday the 16th February from 2pm at Xtreme Gym car park, Las Chafiras. Since its Carnaval week we have included the category Best Fancy Dressed Dog, haha. Registration is €5 per dog and we already have some great prizes in hand, with more to come as sponsors join the list. As it stands we have the categories and sponsors are........

Puppy (2 - 12 months) Sponsored by the Harbour Club Los Gigantes
Adult (1 - 6 years) Sponsored by Poochies Pet Hotel
Senior (6 - 12 years) Sponsored by Star Agility
Super Senior (over 12 years) Sponsored by Tenerife Property Guide
Disabled Category (well, they had the paralympics)
Best Fancy Dress

....with bonus prizes for Best in Show (Sponsored by Restaurant Margarita), Best Trick and Waggiest Tail.

The outside bar will be open so we should have a good afternoon.
The event forms part of the collaboration between Live Arico PAWS and the Ayuntamiento of San Miguel de Abona.

caroletenerife
12-01-2013, 19:54
I have had a lot of interest in the shop for it, people are looking forward to a bit of fun and getting things for the fancy dress competition from the shop lol. I shall try to get some entry forms at the shops x

slodgedad
12-01-2013, 22:18
Is it in the same place as the Saturday car boot sale, behind First Impressions?

SuzyQ
13-01-2013, 02:25
Thats the one slodge. Theres loads of prizes, including €40 for best in show, with a tenner for the runner up. Prizes / certificates / rosettes for category winners, 2nd and 3rd places. Lots of interest, think it will be good. Target is 100 dogs, we will be happy with that :)

SuzyQ
07-02-2013, 00:48
There has been so much interest in next week’s Dog Show that we will be taking registrations between 10.30am and 12.30 pm this Saturday the 9th February at the Xtreme Gym Car Boot Sale. Beat the queues on the day and register early. The big day itself starts at 2pm on the 16th, again, on the car park of the Xtreme Gym, with registrations from 1pm.
Categories are as follows:-
Puppies, under 1 year (but after all necessary vaccinations please)
Adult 1 – 6 years
Senior 7 – 12 years
Super senior over 13 years
Disabled dog
Best Fancy dress dog
Best in show wins €40 voucher for Koala Sur (2nd prize €10)
Waggiest Tail
Best Trick

Top three in each category win a framed certificate and goodies, with first prizes including Hill’s Science plan dog food, a pet portrait, an agility course, 4 nights in a dog hotel and a grooming voucher. We thank our sponsors Star Agility, Poochies Pet Hotel, Restaurant Margarita Los Cristianos, Wine Bar at the Harbour Club Los Gigantes, Shazaroo, and the Tenerife Property Guide.
Buy a program for €2 and be in with the chance of winning a Spa Day at Aqua Spa in Torviscas and cocktails at Slippers Bar Golf del Sur.

In conjunction with the Ayuntamiento of San Miguel de Abona and the Educa 2R project – Respect and Responsibility

caroletenerife
10-02-2013, 00:03
is dennis going and is she dressing up lol

SuzyQ
10-02-2013, 04:06
She is hopefully going into the disabled category but her skin condition has flared up quite badly so we will see. Wouldnt dress her up though, she has enough to deal with, lol. I have it on good authority that 3 pugs are going in as Dorothy, the cowardly lion and the tin man................ Oh dear.......

caroletenerife
10-02-2013, 15:51
lions and tigers and bears ...oh my. Sharon is giving me a lift, and i have cover for the shop, so will bring Fas and little rose x dunno about dressing up though...I might (oh wait I did that before and was the only eejit to do it!!!!!)

caroletenerife
11-02-2013, 19:41
Star-South Tenerife Agility Ring will be appearing at the dog show at Extreme fitness gym , Las Chafiras. Saturday 16th February . 2pm (1pm if you want to register your dog in the show)Lots of dogs, lots of fun. Come and have some fun with your dog.xx

SuzyQ
17-02-2013, 03:07
Well, what a day we had. 65 dogs in the show, professional judges, and the whole thing ran very smoothly, which is quite pleasantly strange for anything related to Live Arico, lol. Some pics are here..........

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/media/set/?set=a.10151437561444936.497388.304531314935&type=1

The fancy dress category was just hilarious, I dont know how the judges managed to choose the winners. Slightly embarassing moment was my Dennis winning the disabled category, but she did have the worst disabilities and she has been poorly this week, so I will treat her to some nice bits and bobs from DOn Perro with the gift voucher. We raised more or less €500, but the day was more about giving people an afternoon to enjoy, and also complied with one of the criteria of the educational program Educalle 2013 (Educa2R) written by Live Arico for the Ayuntamiento of San Miguel. Leaflets have been designed, produced and printed in Spanish and English about responsable dog ownership, and are being distributed in the municipialty. There will be a dog first aid course, and various programs and initiatives in the schools of San Miguel. So all good. Finally :D