PDA

View Full Version : Other Looky looky, Chinese massage, hair braiders, melon men!

Coconut
11-01-2013, 21:37
Just thought I'd make a thread on these people along with a few questions! I'm I right that the looky looky men buy their stock from the Chinese shops? I seen quite a few stocking up in the Los Cristianos Chinese shops on my last visit! Are these people self-employed or do they have a manager? Most of them seem to know each other as you generally see them talking to each other in the street, along with the hair braiding women, they seem to speak to them too! It seems a very hard business to be in, there is so many of them, selling the same stuff! I don't mind them really, they're trying to earn a living but when they come over to you while you're eating that is annoying! Hair braiding women aren't too bad unless you have long hair and they always seem to be sitting down anyway and don't bother to chase after you. The Chinese massage women make me laugh when they run if they see the police! The lemon men aren't that bad either they just seem to walk up and down the beach shouting. I wonder how they get to the island, I know the looky looky men and hair braiding women come from Africa on their boats as its not far from the Island, well on a boat it is haha! But where do the Chinese and melon men come from? What's are your thoughts on them too, do they bother you or not?

marbro8
11-01-2013, 21:52
the looky looky men do indeed come from africa and they can get on your nerves when the same one asks you about 6-7 times on the same night, even though you have said no thank you every time??? and i do believe the chinese come from china:D;) most of the melon men i have seen look canarian? but don't realy know

Coconut
11-01-2013, 21:57
Tell me about it, the Chinese looky looky women are funny, they just laugh throwing toys into the air! It must be bad back home then for them to come and travel all that way and business probably isn't great! Yeah, now you say it most do look Canarian, rip off prices too! Can get them cheaper in local super markets lol

woolli
11-01-2013, 22:36
Eh, and the melon men sell coconuts lol! I say bring the death penalty back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AL JAY
11-01-2013, 22:38
The lookie lookie men are from Senegal and i think they were better in the years leading up to the Millenium than they are now! Most of them made a decent living in the 90s as there were far more tourists then and places like the Patch were bouncing,The Chinese have also affected their trade!

marbro8
11-01-2013, 23:57
Tell me about it, the Chinese looky looky women are funny, they just laugh throwing toys into the air! It must be bad back home then for them to come and travel all that way and business probably isn't great! Yeah, now you say it most do look Canarian, rip off prices too! Can get them cheaper in local super markets lolyes but you would have to get up off your sunbed:D

Coconut
12-01-2013, 00:14
yes but you would have to get up off your sunbed:D

Lol! I used to like the doughnuts they sold, not sure if they still do them!

marbro8
12-01-2013, 00:27
Lol! I used to like the doughnuts they sold, not sure if they still do them!yes they do but if you don't get up off the sunbed to walk and get them, you end up looking like one:D

Coconut
12-01-2013, 00:41
yes they do but if you don't get up off the sunbed to walk and get them, you end up looking like one:D

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is very true, giggling to myself here :lol::lol::lol:

AL JAY
12-01-2013, 00:59
Lol! I used to like the doughnuts they sold, not sure if they still do them!

You wouldn't eat the doughnuts if you knew how they put the hole in the middle... :wow: :D

Coconut
12-01-2013, 01:03
You wouldn't eat the doughnuts if you knew how they put the hole in the middle... :wow: :D

Do tell, I haven't had one in years so it's okay lol!!

doingok
12-01-2013, 09:22
Do tell, I haven't had one in years so it's okay lol!!

Mmmmmm no i better not say anything on that lol :wow:

candy2411
12-01-2013, 12:18
yes they do but if you don't get up off the sunbed to walk and get them, you end up looking like one:D

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

:lol::lol::lol: thanks guys for a great giggle! you two are wasted on this forum, look out Peter Kay