PDA

View Full Version : Other How do apartment owners deal with cleaning/linen changes?

Sundowner
13-01-2013, 16:44
This is a question for people who own apartments in Tenerife and only use them for themselves and friends and family and do not charge a fee for the use of the apartment.

How do you deal with cleaning and linen changes?

I know there are companies who will do this for you (for a price) but has anyone got another system that works?

I must admit I can’t think of one……..even if you clean the apartment before you go you will not have time to do the laundry!

All sensible suggestions welcome!

fixer
13-01-2013, 17:30
We just clean make up beds ect then put laundry in a sealed bag lock it away wash it next time it works for us. David

Susief
13-01-2013, 17:58
We have friends that rent an apartment and they have 2 sets of bedding.

The morning they are leaving they strip the beds, put a new set on and if the owners are coming out the same day then wash that set.

If the washer has finished before they leave then it gets hung out or put in tumble drier.

Owners do the same!

Sundowner
15-01-2013, 12:58
Thanks for the replies:tiphat:

That would work for me......but my wife is not keen on the idea of starting or finishing her hols doing housework!

I even told her I would go down to the pub so I would not be in the way............but that was no good either.........I don't know, Women eh!

Looks like I will have to stick my hand in my pocket or divorce her and get a new model !!:wink:

SueB
21-01-2013, 17:48
Yes our answer is plenty of spare bedding, our rule with our grown up kids and their families is - you're getting a cheap holiday so you have to help out a bit! So the beds will always be made up when you arrive but you may need to do load of washing whilst you are there. Similarly you need to be very strict about getting people to throw out any open foodie bits from fridge, cupboards etc. otherwise the ant army will move in! We learnt that the hard way...!

karinagal
21-01-2013, 22:15
I'm too lazy to do the cleaning and beds when I arrive, so I have a comely wench who for a very reasonable rate does it all for me..! It's lucky she also happens to be a valued and loyal friend as I don't entrust my Bridget Jones's to just anyone!! :p

ianhyland
17-03-2015, 18:24
Hi,

I have a holiday home in south west Tenerife that I am considering renting out on a short-term basis.

I will need a source of bed linen and towels where the guests can pick-up the linen and towels at the start of the week then return them at the end of the week – for a rental fee of course.

Is this a service your organisation can provide - or do you know of any other organisation with this capability.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ian Hyland.