PDA

View Full Version : Education Advice required regarding nursery/preschool in Tenerife

CharlieChara
14-01-2013, 12:19
Hello everyone,

My partner and I are moving to Tenerife (South) in March with our son who will be 3 in April. In England he attends nursery and really enjoys it, so I would like him to continue doing so in Tenerife but am having trouble finding any information about how it works. I did come across a private English nursery online, but I'm not sure if this is sensible if we are intending our son to go to Spanish state school. Any information about Spanish nurseries, how the fees work, personal experience etc woul be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Charlie

Kv2509
14-01-2013, 14:50
Hi Charlie he would be going straight into Spanish school at 3 so no need for a nursery :)

KirstyJay
14-01-2013, 22:28
If you wanted to wait until september to matriculate him in school, just do a search for 'guarderia' and the name of the town where you're going to live to see if there's a Spanish nursery nearby. :)

bonitatime
14-01-2013, 23:49
I would try to get him into School if you can

KirstyJay
15-01-2013, 09:10
I would try to get him into School if you can

So would I, but it's worth knowing that it's not actually compulsory until he's 5. If you wanted the choice.

CharlieChara
20-01-2013, 21:25
Thanks everyone, how do I go about finding out which are the best schools in areas? Is there an equivalent to Ofsted reports or do people generally make decisions based on personal recommendations? Also, sorry is this is a stupid question but what do you mean by matriculation?

MrsTT
21-01-2013, 08:59
The basic information about Spanish schooling can be found here http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?417-Information-on-getting-your-children-into-Spanish-state-schooling-in-Tenerife and in other threads in the same sub forum you can find lots of information about the other schools available in the south of Tenerife. There are also several private schools which are fee paying. You might like to look at the information for my school in Callao Salvaje. The link to the website is in the signature box.

bonitatime
21-01-2013, 09:32
For local schools you are really expected to put your child in the School nearest to where you live. Otherwise you need for there to be more places available than children.
Where are you thinking of moving too