PDA

View Full Version : I am going to Golf del Sur, Tenerife for the first time and have some questions

cork
22-06-2011, 14:26
Hey my friend and I are both 19 were heading over to golf del sur I know it a quiet loacation shes been goin there all her life my frist time so just looking for a some info :reading: ...basically i want to know about the pubs there I dont think theres any clubs and u no typical Q's such as cost of drinks and is there any craic to be had or would you have to go to out to amricas in which case how much would a taxi cost out there :hat: ...and when it comes to spending money around how much wud i need I drink alot I smoke and I buy pointless **** ha will I have enough with 900 for two weeks I have more saved but I also over spend alot ...cheapest places to go to drink eat and club wud be good to know asweell any extra information would be great to ..ha I dont know if this is the right place to put the question sozzz

x

NikkiB
22-06-2011, 15:01
Hi Ya.

We always go to Golf Del Sur been about 12 times. We really love it, we've been out with a mix of ages. The first few times we we're with friends than had young kids and we had teenagers. Recently it's been a mix friends varying ages from 24 - 44 and we've always managed to have a craic We usually have a few nights down Americas (but not every night) I think the Taxi is about 25 euros (give or take a bit) from there.

There's bars and some really nice places to spend the evening. The Irish bars are nice but maybe a little more expensive than the others. What do you drink? you can still find good prices on local beer etc, lots of places have offers at different times. We quite often end up in Taboos, which is a club but probably best described as a pub with load music, but we've had some really good nights there. Eating probably isn't as cheap as other areas but you can still find some good deals..breakfast you can get for about 3 euros and chinese do menu of the day for just under 8... Whereabouts in Golf Del Sur are you staying?

Its certainly quieter than other resorts but i'm sure you'll still have a good time :drinking: we always do.

cork
22-06-2011, 15:13
Hey,
thanks for replying ,
Well being irish we will deff be hitting the irish bars.
Im not to worried cause this is meant to be a toned down holiday compared to the ones I have been on in the last few years ,but I still want to have a laugh :crylaughing:.I drink anything Im mad for the cider but I know its very expensive over there so id prob be on beer and vodka .I actully dont have a clue whereabouts we are staying its in her own apartment I didnt ask many questions when i heard free accomadation ..Is there queit few off licences around the place and Anything to recommend to do during the day :mexicanwave2:

NikkiB
22-06-2011, 15:34
Oh well you'll be ok if you're irish :lol: if its beer and vodka you drink then you'll be fine neither of those are that expensive. We usually buy vodka and stick it in the freezer and have a few before we go out... you can get booze from most of the shops and vodka is really cheap, although you pay more for coke (if you need coke of course)

Free accomodation!! I wouldn't asked anything either... During the day sleep off the hangover on a sun lounger by the pool before you go to the pool bar for another vodka! If that's no good there's always crazy golf or there's loads of places that do spa treatments. In las Americas there's Siam park which is a fantastic water park or head up to the north of the island and go to loro parque and see the killer whales. If you look on here you'll find loads of excursion ideas. Golf del sur has a small market on friday mornings by Aguamarina hotel, and the marina is nice to have a wander round.

Have a fantasic time...when do you go?

cork
22-06-2011, 15:43
Well what normally happens is drink b4 u go out wont spend as much..same as we do at home ha :)...I normally do the whole sleep all day but this time we decided to do things during the say ya i checked out siam park looks unreal ..thanks so much for the info..Shes going in two weeks time and ill be following her over on the 24th of july for two weeks cant wait

Oh do you no much about the volcano I heard i can cook suasages on top of it but i think some one was twisting my arm :hungry:

Are you going over yourself this summer :)

gazza
22-06-2011, 15:54
you can cook sausages on the pavement at the moment

NikkiB
22-06-2011, 16:49
So It's even cheaper to eat than I thought then :D

Have a drink for me on 24th July that's my birthday! Yeah I'm out there again 29th August for 15 days. Looking forward to it.

Not sure about cooking on Teide I though that was Timanfaya on Lanzarote but I may be wrong.

BobMac
23-06-2011, 08:47
Hey,
thanks for replying ,
Well being irish we will deff be hitting the irish bars.
Im not to worried cause this is meant to be a toned down holiday compared to the ones I have been on in the last few years ,but I still want to have a laugh :crylaughing:.I drink anything Im mad for the cider but I know its very expensive over there so id prob be on beer and vodka .I actully dont have a clue whereabouts we are staying its in her own apartment I didnt ask many questions when i heard free accomadation ..Is there queit few off licences around the place and Anything to recommend to do during the day :mexicanwave2:

Best off license is Spanish Style in San Blas CC

megsdad
23-06-2011, 12:21
Fairly new Irish bar in San Blas, scruffy macs. Great bar, great staff, good prices. Top sqquare CC San Blas, nightly entertainment, meals from 5.95€ , choose from Chinese, Canarian, British or Indian.
Try the bar at El Nautico for lunch, great position, right on the front. Submarine trip from the marina or try diving with Amarilla divers. Walk over the beach to Los Abrigos, great fish restaurants.
Just chill on the golf, yes PDLA and Los Chris are down the road, long may they stay there !!!

In The Sun
23-06-2011, 12:28
If you want a cheap drink then C&A's bar on Las Adelfas 2 do a happy hour from 4.00 till 7.00 every night and from 12.00 midday until 7.0pm on Sunday. Beer and wine 1.00 Euro and local spirits and mixer 2.00 Euro.

carolethatch
23-06-2011, 18:46
You can always get the bus over to Americas, and taxi back, that would half the cost of a night out. I think Leonardos in Americas has live music, and is a good starting point for some-one of your age.