PDA

View Full Version : I am having problems with the forum - I can't send PM's or post replies!

sunnytenerife
15-01-2013, 16:48
Hi,

Ive been a member for at least 4 years + here & have been having constant problems since you made the Changed Over.

My status should be Supertenerifian, as it was before
Im having problems with PMing & posting replies
Cannot put info on Business Pages - ( I am a Business Owner here )

I have messaged several times before - But not getting any replies to these problems- which sadly makes me feel I should now start to look at using another site - its a shame as I used this site regularly in the past.

Hoping to hear from you so this can be rectified asap
Regards
Sunnytenerife

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2013, 16:52
Are you using Internet Explorer ? If so the forum doesn't work very well with it

Try Google chrome or Safari or another Web browser

ANOTHER SITE - where - seriously - you can't:crazy::cheeky:

Fivepence
15-01-2013, 17:09
Hi,

Ive been a member for at least 4 years + here & have been having constant problems since you made the Changed Over.

My status should be Supertenerifian, as it was before
Im having problems with PMing & posting replies
Cannot put info on Business Pages - ( I am a Business Owner here )

I have messaged several times before - But not getting any replies to these problems- which sadly makes me feel I should now start to look at using another site - its a shame as I used this site regularly in the past.

Hoping to hear from you so this can be rectified asap
Regards
Sunnytenerife

Hang fire Sunny, I'm sure admin/one of the mods will be along soon.

:goodluck:

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2013, 17:11
Hang fire Sunny, I'm sure admin/one of the mods will be along soon.

:goodluck:

uhum ! what's wrong with my suggestion - you mind your own:raspberry:

Fivepence
15-01-2013, 17:21
uhum ! what's wrong with my suggestion - you mind your own:raspberry:

Calm down, calm down MM, you know I wouldn't stand on your toes. :(

It's just that in Sunny's profile it shows her joining 9-6-2011, which may be the date the forum did it's Phoenix impersonation and rose from the ashes.
However, as the lady is a business person and mentions wanting to put info on the forum, I thought she may need guidance from admin.
She should be able to send PM's though.

Truthfully, I haven't a blinkin clue. :dontknow:

Hope I'm forgiven. :pray:

timmylish
16-01-2013, 02:42
Getting back to the O/p please. Yes MM has nailed it. Amongst all the problems with IE is that this, and other Forums, do not work at all well. Use Firefox or Chrome.

AL JAY
16-01-2013, 03:13
Also when the new forum started our post count went back to zero so we were all newbies for a time! You can still access the old forum and check PMs etc!

tonyplumber
16-01-2013, 12:17
I've not been on for a year or so but I've just had to re register. I used to be known as blackandwhite in the days welshsprout was here. Just thought I'd pop in and take a look around.

I'm using a tablet and i must say the new format doesn't sit well on my screen. I will have a play with different browsers.

slodgedad
16-01-2013, 22:00
As has been said on numerous occasions, the new Forum works fine on most browsers apart from IE.

Why anyone uses IE is beyond me.

timmylish
16-01-2013, 23:46
I think people who are new to a Windows set up computer are reluctant to install other providers like FF or Chrome for some reason!

Suej
17-01-2013, 12:51
I've not been on for a year or so but I've just had to re register. I used to be known as blackandwhite in the days welshsprout was here. Just thought I'd pop in and take a look around.

I'm using a tablet and i must say the new format doesn't sit well on my screen. I will have a play with different browsers.

I wasn't too happy about the way the Forum displayed on my Android tablet either! I installed Firefox and it's much better and faster! I think there is also an Android Tapatalk App available (not free though) but not sure if this is for tablets and phones or just phones?;)

Malteser Monkey
17-01-2013, 13:02
I wasn't too happy about the way the Forum displayed on my Android tablet either! I installed Firefox and it's much better and faster! I think there is also an Android Tapatalk App available (not free though) but not sure if this is for tablets and phones or just phones?;)

Don't bother giving help hun them blokes be along soon to knock you down - just like me - Chrome the best:D

Fivepence
17-01-2013, 13:06
Don't bother giving help hun them blokes be along soon to knock you down - just like me - Chrome the best:D

New name MM..................Cheeky Monkey. :crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
17-01-2013, 13:10
New name MM..................

Cheeky Monkey. :crylaughing:

See my Avatar - MM is Cheeky Madam ! and I have no idea why I get away with it :whistle:

Suej
17-01-2013, 13:47

I use Chrome on my lappy but I can't seem to install it on my tablet so FF was the only alternative! I'm ready for the fellas Monkey!:laugh:

Fivepence
17-01-2013, 14:10
I use Chrome on my lappy but I can't seem to install it on my tablet so FF was the only alternative! I'm ready for the fellas Monkey!:laugh:

Flippin heck, you ladies are like Ninjas........:whip::hide::punchbag::nunchuk::nunc huk::nunchuk:

Malteser Monkey
17-01-2013, 23:24
Flippin heck, you ladies are like Ninjas........:whip::hide::punchbag::nunchuk::nunc huk::nunchuk:

Oh yes ...duck here we are............... oh Lord I'm so worried bout getting to and from work tomorrow......have to go to bed now wish me luck xxx

Fivepence
17-01-2013, 23:27
Oh yes ...duck here we are............... oh Lord I'm so worried bout getting to and from work tomorrow......have to go to bed now wish me luck xxx

If you can't get...you can't get.
Don't travel if it's dangerous, a proper employer will understand MM.

Malteser Monkey
17-01-2013, 23:30
If you can't get...you can't get.
Don't travel if it's dangerous, a proper employer will understand MM.

Oh yes She came to me this afternoon saying take care am so lucky to have great employers - me being serious for a change thanks 5p you're right xx

marbro8
16-04-2013, 18:15
having problems posting a reply on a thread keeps coming up internal error???

slodgedad
16-04-2013, 18:24
having problems posting a reply on a thread keeps coming up internal error???

Dunno. I have reported it and will get back as soonas I hear.

marbro8
16-04-2013, 19:36
Dunno. I have reported it and will get back as soonas I hear.the problem happened only when i tried to reply to junglejim's post but when i just tried quick reply it let me post:dontknow:

slodgedad
16-04-2013, 23:47
the problem happened only when i tried to reply to junglejim's post but when i just tried quick reply it let me post:dontknow:

There are a couple of members who have reported a problem and as far as we can see there is nothing wrong at this end.

It has been reported to our server to see if any light can be shed.

Nothing has been changed at this end recently.

marbro8
02-05-2013, 17:25
it looks like there is a problem posing again??? when replying to posts the forum seems to post the same quote over again, resulting in the same post merged???

Malteser Monkey
03-05-2013, 10:20
it looks like there is a problem posing again??? when replying to posts the forum seems to post the same quote over again, resulting in the same post merged???

You flirt you :D

marbro8
03-05-2013, 17:50
Instead of "POSING" ........try "POSTING":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:it't amazing what a missed letter can do:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

You flirt you :Di have allway's been the same from an early age:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
03-05-2013, 17:59
it't amazing what a $issed letter can do:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i have allway's been the same from an early age:laugh:

All ways from an early age ? or always:D

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2014, 13:54
I am having trouble "qouting" today. I select a quote and it brings up old quotes from previous posts I then have to delete the before replying