PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Farmer's Market thread

sunspot
30-05-2011, 11:17
We go to the Farmers market in Adeje and the produce on offer is so fresh,they sell fruit ,veg,cheeses,bread ,flowers , cakes,wine and so much more.The prices are good and the veg. is so fresh it lasts so much longer than the stuff in the supermarkets, you can even have a coffee in the little cafe.
Adeje Farmers market is open Saturday and Sunday 8am till 2pm. and is situated up the road opposite Mercadona on the same road as Makro........

Tia
30-05-2011, 11:26
The one in San Isidro is also really good , its open Saturday and Sunday though Saturday tends to be the best day.

sunspot
30-05-2011, 11:36
Yes Tia, ive been to that one,to be honest they are all good

Red Devil
30-05-2011, 17:49
We go to the Farmers market in Adeje and the produce on offer is so fresh,they sell fruit ,veg,cheeses,bread ,flowers , cakes,wine and so much more.The prices are good and the veg. is so fresh it lasts so much longer than the stuff in the supermarkets, you can even have a coffee in the little cafe.
Adeje Farmers market is open Saturday and Sunday 8am till 2pm. and is situated up the road opposite Mercadona on the same road as Makro........

Is it in Adeje town Sunspot? Can't think where the Mercadona is in Adeje

bonitatime
30-05-2011, 19:09
It is at the far end of Adeje near where the motorway used to end. you exit towards Adeje and then right, past the BP and then left, past Makro and it is on the right.
I really like it there and need to get up earlier so I can go again.

Harmonicaman
30-05-2011, 19:12
I'd beware of the organic cucumber for a little while until all the fuss dies down. See here.:) (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8543309/Cucumber-E.Coli-outbreak-kills-five-in-Germany-and-leaves-three-ill-in-UK.html)

Chicken Shirl
30-05-2011, 19:55
I am laughing out loud............I was about to say that you can buy organic fruit and veggies there too............In fairness they are all grown here on the island.

Shirley.x

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 20:44
There's one in Guia de Isora every saturday morning in the Plaza. :)

Balou
30-05-2011, 20:52
Can you be certain of that its only organic fruits and vegetables there? ???

shannon11
31-05-2011, 19:45
Hi there, hubby and DS are back in Tenerife and just wondering what is the best supermarket in the Arona area, we usually use the spar near Ojangles but would there be any other recommendations...

Thanks Shannon11

Chicken Shirl
31-05-2011, 22:03
Balou, there is an organic/ ecoligical status that must be displayed on the stall.......As far as I know there is only one stall at the Adeje market. If you turn left when you go into the hall it is on the end of the second isle. They also do box delivery if you ask for a card you can email your order to them:)

Shirley.x

sunspot
04-06-2011, 00:07
Dont forget its on tomorrow and sunday morning

Faraway
17-06-2011, 18:52
Don't forget there's also one in Las Chafiras on Saturday and Sunday as well. The flowers and the bread tend to be good there but I think the rest of the produce is better at San Isidro

tazazoo
27-11-2011, 12:07
Anyone knows one Farmer market place near El Medano ? Thanks

Chicken Shirl
28-11-2011, 19:19
Come out of El Medano go up the hill towards San Isidro....It's on the right hand side just after the petrol station......You can't miss it.......Saturday and Sunday till around 2pm.

Shirley.x

tazazoo
28-11-2011, 20:06
oh right... thanks! But i'm working all day during saturday and sunday, that's why never saw it! ... anything exist during the week? Monday to Friday in the area ? thanks a lot

poker
28-11-2011, 20:59
The Chafiras market is open on a wensday also fronm 16.00 or 17.00 till 20.00 .

tazazoo
28-11-2011, 23:25
thanks a lot !

timmylish
29-11-2011, 01:03
Go to the San Isidro one before going to work!

tazazoo
29-11-2011, 10:43
before 8.00 ??

Chicken Shirl
29-11-2011, 11:21
They all start around 8am. There is going to be a new market opening in Valle San Lorenzo soon:) It looks a splendid building with lots of parking.....They may have better opening hours for you......I have to say that the produce in our local supermarket "Pilar" on the main street in El Valle is very very good......The owner has a Finca and all the fruit and veg comes from there......Slugs on the lettuce is a good sign as far as I'm concerned:)))

Shirley.x

susanlouise
30-12-2011, 20:14
we don't have a car. Is there a bus we can take to the market?

Added after 3 minutes:

hello

is the market now open then?

obs
30-12-2011, 23:59
No !! It may be in February, I will post details as soon as they are released, sorry!!

I remember posting about this earlier, expecting the market to be open just before Christmas - but , like all else, behind schedule. :sorry:

Added after 2 minutes:

P.S. Should I know you Shirl ?? :tiphat:

Chicken Shirl
31-12-2011, 18:08
No !! It may be in February, I will post details as soon as they are released, sorry!!

I remember posting about this earlier, expecting the market to be open just before Christmas - but , like all else, behind schedule. :sorry:

Added after 2 minutes:

P.S. Should I know you Shirl ?? :tiphat:

I have lived in El Valle for twelve years and love it.....I am around and about the town most days with my husband David....We shop in Pilar and the wine shop mostly:)......how about you?

fritzy
03-01-2012, 15:46
Towards the end of my last holiday in Tenerife I found the Las Chafiras market near the fire station. By the time I found it, it was nearly closing time so there wasn't much to see. I did get some lovely bread though, the dark brown stuff (does it have rye in it?). What other stuff does it tend to have? I'm sure I will take a walk there anyway next time, but it would be good to have an idea of some nice items to look out for.

SianC
25-01-2012, 14:11
There is a lovely one where I live in La Orotava, open on Saturdays.