PDA

View Full Version : Employment Where can I find some volunteer work in South Tenerife?

itaa
15-01-2013, 19:18
looking for somewhere where to waste few extra hours per day and to learn spanish in meantime.
anyone has any idea where I could find any volunteer work in south tenerife for few months?
thanks

Javi
15-01-2013, 22:07
looking for somewhere where to waste few extra hours per day and to learn spanish in meantime.
anyone has any idea where I could find any volunteer work in south tenerife for few months?
thanks

Red Cross in Las Galletas: Carretera General Tf - 652 la Estrella, 0 38631 Galletas (las), Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Tfno: 922 73 36 86
Bomberos Voluntarios (volunteer firefighters) de Adeje: http://www.bomberos-adeje.com/

I think it would be good going into the SAC (Citizen Advice Service)/010 office and once you are there, ask for any volunteer work. You can find it at Cultural Center of Los Cristianos.

Hope you can get want you are looking for.

itaa
15-01-2013, 22:45
Red Cross in Las Galletas: Carretera General Tf - 652 la Estrella, 0 38631 Galletas (las), Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Tfno: 922 73 36 86
Bomberos Voluntarios (volunteer firefighters) de Adeje: http://www.bomberos-adeje.com/

I think it would be good going into the SAC (Citizen Advice Service)/010 office and once you are there, ask for any volunteer work. You can find it at Cultural Center of Los Cristianos.

Hope you can get want you are looking for.

Thank u so much for that! At least now I have some leads from where to start
Firefighting would be epic, not sure tho how I could get a place there without speaking any spanish

Javi
16-01-2013, 09:00
Thank u so much for that! At least now I have some leads from where to start
Firefighting would be epic, not sure tho how I could get a place there without speaking any spanish

Forget the epic. These guys are nice - a bit rudes sometimes - and one of them speak in an acceptable English. He is known as Alayón (actually this is his surname).

These firemen, on a regular basis, are dealing with car accidents and marginally with fire or major emergencies. Of course, training will be given and you'll need to learn lot of things before be prepared for action.

Good luck.

blueeyes
16-01-2013, 18:46
hi try helping hands Granadilla, they have a orphanage and possibly could do with a hand...