PDA

View Full Version : Internet What wireless carriers can I use with a mini iPad in Tenerife?

curriegirl
15-01-2013, 22:11
We are hoping to buy a mini iPad to bring to Tenerife. After looking on the apple website, I see they say that the ipad you buy is specially configured to work with one of three wireless carriers. AT&T, SPRINT and VERIZON.
Before we go and buy one, can anyone help me as far as the wireless carriers in Tenerife?

Hopefully someone out there can help

Curriegirl

Albatros
15-01-2013, 23:41
Those are US carriers. Only applies to US bought tablets.

Megaloo
15-01-2013, 23:55
Do not know about the mini IPad but I have the Ipad 2 works perfectly on any Wifi here in Tenerife use it all the time.

Mine was a present and I believe was bought in the States.

curriegirl
16-01-2013, 12:24
Thanks Megaloo, I remembered you said you got one as a present and that it worked really well there. It was just as I was reading the apple website they mentioned the above networks. I think I will pop along to the Apple store before buying.
thanks again. ps, sent you a PM

tonyplumber
16-01-2013, 12:30
Boooo apple,,,go android all the way

Albatros
16-01-2013, 12:34
Boooo apple,,,go android all the way

Por qué

Can you be a little more explicit?

tonyplumber
16-01-2013, 12:44
Por qué

Can you be a little more explicit?

Android is open source, with apple your tied in, its a monopoly.
And with an Android device you can change many many things. I'm using a acer a500 tablet but it thinks its an a700 because I've unlocked the boot loader and installed a jellybean rom..great fun.
My 2yr old htc desire hd thinks its a samsung galexy s3, lol try doing any of that with an apple.

Albatros
16-01-2013, 12:49
So you are not really happy with the products you bought and feel the need to modify them to bring them closer to your needs. ;)

Apple customers seem to be perfectly happy with them as they are. :)

canarybird
16-01-2013, 12:56
Curriegirl as I see you online....please empty your private messages inbox as it's not allowing any more messages to you.

I did manage now to send you an email to your private address regarding dance classes.

Cheers,
Sharon

tonyplumber
16-01-2013, 13:04
So you are not really happy with the products you bought and feel the need to modify them to bring them closer to your needs. ;)

Apple customers seem to be perfectly happy with them as they are. :)

Im very very happy because I have the ability to keep them up to date with the latest software developments something apple users cannot do.

Apple for the he masses, Android for the people.

Albatros
16-01-2013, 13:09
Apple for the he masses, Android for the people.

And the difference is?

Sorry, curriegirl, sort of hijacked your thread. :ashamed:

timmylish
16-01-2013, 13:23
Just yesterday I,ve read in both UK and American web-sites, media outlets etc the indications that perhaps more and more people are becoming disenchanted with Apple and their products. 6 months ago on this very Forum I questioned if the loss of Jobs had damaged Apple more than had been envisaged and tbh I think I am seeing this. Basically, I feel that as an outsider, at the moment, going Android offers greater choice, not being tied into what Apple do and don,t let you have, pricing (there is no doubt that some companies using the Android system offer products that, whilst not to the standard of Apple, give the general public the ability of buying a machine in their own price range) and, this is important the ability to change your machine method of operating. Interseting to note that Apple have canx. their orders for glass for their current iPhone due to lack of demand. Only time will tell but the drop in share value of Apple may indeed be an indicator.
The various companies using the Android system, just about everyone other than Apple are not without their own peoblems but since split over many companies seem less!

Albatros
16-01-2013, 14:07
It was always expected that the share of the market would drop as many more players joined in. That is the natural cycle for innovative products. Of course there is a buffering from the effect of this by the fact that the market is also growing at a fair old pace. That can't go on forever. Many manufacturers will fall by the wayside over the coming years.

There will always be a place for the low end products which have the same operating systems but inferior design and materials. Just like there will always be a place for the quality end of the market. No different from any other product be it TVs or cars etc.

Just like PCs, not everyone is savvy and knows how to upgrade hardware or software. Indeed most have no desire to be savvy. :) Keep it simple!

Apple offer quality products with little fuss and high esteem value. This comes at a premium and many folk will still be prepared to cough up the extra.

Interestingly, the top end of the Android market is not so different in pricing as that of Apple products. Profit is required to fund innovation.

At some point in the future some other company will no doubt come up with an earth shattering product that will be well ahead of its rivals and steam ahead for a while. It has always been so.

tonyplumber
16-01-2013, 15:35
The masees tend to follow the herd. People are individuals.

All im saying is Android gives you choices, Apple controls your choices.
If your happy to buy a device that does all the thinking for you then Apple is probably the right choice for you.
I personally prefer to have the option of upgrading my operatng system, developing apps, figuring how to get the best performance from the equipment I have. Its all part of the fun for me.
There is nothing quite like getting super user rights on your own machine and then getting it to out perform its competitors.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

And sorry to the op but i think the original question has been answered