PDA

View Full Version : I'm having problems with Facebook

penelope pitstop
17-01-2013, 14:03
Can someone please tell me why I cannot see on my page a friends posts or anything he shares on Facebook. He has not blocked me nor me him & he can see everything from my page.

When I look through my friends lists his has a gold star next to it & everyone else has a tick, not sure what this means.

Can anyone help please?

chifleta
17-01-2013, 15:02
if you pass your mouse over his name and his photo box with show, where it says friends and messages, pass the mouse over friends and another box should drop down, you may have him set as a "favourite" or something and you can change that, also where it says "settings" on same drop down list, click on that and another box should drop down.... have a look there see what you've got checked/ticked.... hope that helps :)

penelope pitstop
17-01-2013, 15:46
Thanks. I have followed your instructions & when I click on the name & photo the drop down box is about links, so I don't think that applies. In the friends drop down box & settings & everything is ticked as it should be, I think, but I cannot find favourites anywhere to untick.
Where do I find favourites & why would being in favourites prevent me from seeing his posts?

chifleta
17-01-2013, 15:50
Thanks. I have followed your instructions & when I click on the name & photo the drop down box is about links, so I don't think that applies. In the friends drop down box & settings & everything is ticked as it should be, I think, but I cannot find favourites anywhere to untick.
Where do I find favourites & why would being in favourites prevent me from seeing his posts?

not sure.... go into your privacy settings and see if you've accidently clicked on restricted for that particular person...

penelope pitstop
17-01-2013, 17:32
not sure.... go into your privacy settings and see if you've accidently clicked on restricted for that particular person...

Thanks, I have tried everything but there is nothing showing that I have restricted anyone. He isn't the only person whose pages I don't see, Very puzzling.

Hopefully someone will help me get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your help

penelope pitstop
18-01-2013, 16:41
Still got the problem. My son also tried to view the same page as me & got the same result, last post shows 23rd Dec, that's all I can see too!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????

chifleta
19-01-2013, 15:18
very strange... and you know what it's like, without sitting down and looking through your settings, I can't say what's wrong... sorry :(

penelope pitstop
19-01-2013, 16:13
very strange... and you know what it's like, without sitting down and looking through your settings, I can't say what's wrong... sorry :(
Thanks anyway. I am sure my settings are correct. I looked on the Facebook community forum & others have a similar problem but no-one has come up with an answer.
I will sit down with the person next week with bot our laptops & check the settings.

chifleta
19-01-2013, 16:16
annoying isn't it? lol and then, as soon as you have it all set up how you want, FB somehow seceretly changes it all back grrrr LOL

mully
19-01-2013, 22:58
I dont have any problems with Facebook cos Im not on it! Why not try it,its great!!!:raspberry2: