PDA

View Full Version : Other Windows XP disc urgently needed in Tenerife

atlantisclub
17-01-2013, 20:01
Hoping someone can help. My laptop operating system has died while on holiday, and I urgently need to beg, borrow or buy an XP distribution disc so I can repair my computer.

I have the Microsoft license number, so just need to get hold of a disc, and will be able to sort the problem from there.

If anyone could help, we'd be more than grateful. We're in Palm Mar, and have transport.

Cheers!!

henry
17-01-2013, 20:56
sorry i donīt know where to get a windows xp. i had windows xp but many months microsoft keep sending me e-mails saying i need to change to windows 7 or 8 because jan 1 2013 they stop supporting windows xp. so i now useing windows 7. i had to change my computer. i really like xp but still getting use to windows 7. sorry canīt be much help!!

cressrt
17-01-2013, 21:41
Why not consider changing to a Linux OS, it is free and IMHO much better and far safer than Windows. You can boot from a USB or CD and recover any files that are on the hard drive unless the drive is corrupted.
Just a thought but worth considering, have a look at http://www.ubuntu.com/.

Hypjay
17-01-2013, 23:22
Hi I'm in the UK, yet could arrange one should you still be having trouble.

In The Sun
18-01-2013, 10:25
I have the windows XP pofessional disks that came with my Dell laptop.
You can borrow this if it of any use to you or I can do you a copy free of charge. I am on the Golf

obs
18-01-2013, 10:51
One in Valle San Lorenzo if you wish.

TenerifeTeddy
18-01-2013, 11:25
Give me a ring or pop into my shop; I have all the Windows OS disks from Windows 95 onwards and you may borrow a copy. My contact details are in my signature.

obs
18-01-2013, 23:33
Not that urgent then....... ?????? ......
Unless of course you are reliant on begging, borrowing someone else's pc to post.