PDA

View Full Version : Iceland quick to withdraw beefburgers

Canarian Weekly
18-01-2013, 13:00
TENERIFE’S Iceland stores have reacted sharply to the news that horse meat has been found in beefburgers in some leading UK supermarkets.
It has also been discovered in meat processing plants in both the UK and Ireland. But officials stress that there is no threat to public health.
As a precaution,Iceland branches on the Island have withdrawn the following items from their shelves, although it is not proven that these products include traces of horsemeat.
Iceland Quarter Pounder (frozen): best-before date 06/08/2013 PLU code 21244 (the bold numbers in barcode).
Iceland 100% Beef Quarter Pounder, 4-pack (frozen): best-before date 07/09/2013 PLU code 49170 (the bold numbers in barcode).
Meanwhile,Ireland’s Food Safety Authority (FSAI) has tested for the presence of horse and pig DNA, while the Tesco Everyday Value Beef Burger analysed was found to contain 29.1% horsemeat.
Tests on products containing beef sold in Aldi,Iceland, Lidl and Dunnes Stores have also uncovered low levels of horse DNA.
And in our Iceland stores, there are posters explaining the product recall to customers.
If you have purchased these products and wish to return them to the store, you will be given a full refund. However, you may wish to eat them anyway!

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/iceland-quick-withdraw-beefburgers/)

irishmusico
18-01-2013, 14:38
I am convinced we had some of those bugrgers. The wife was galloping around the house and jumping over the sofa like a mad thing yesterday. I had to back her into the lift then she was prancing around the fields like nobodys business.

Bazz
18-01-2013, 14:45
I am convinced we had some of those bugrgers. The wife was galloping around the house and jumping over the sofa like a mad thing yesterday. I had to back her into the lift then she was prancing around the fields like nobodys business.

Hope she didn't have the trots! :)

chifleta
18-01-2013, 14:50

Nayyyy lad, you're horsing around with us :D

macdonald5
18-01-2013, 14:54
And what about My Lidl pony ??

TOTO 99
18-01-2013, 14:57
I got a burger from Tesco yesterday.

The lady who served me said "would you like anything on it?"

I said "go on then, I'll have a fiver each way"......:laugh:

Suej
18-01-2013, 15:26
A local woman has been admitted to hospital after eating Tesco's beefburgers they say her condition is "Stable":cheeky:

Redips
18-01-2013, 16:28
Hay can these burgers be eaten on the hoof?

candy2411
18-01-2013, 17:10
isn't it odd that we find the eating of horsemeat particularly distasteful when it's quite normal to eat cows, pigs sheep etc

Lovin the jokes by the way, just find it strange all the fuss this has caused especially when its been stressed there's been no threat to public health

Medman
18-01-2013, 17:20
Did you know that hamburger is an anagram of Shergar's bum ?

I had one of them Tesco burgers today. It was ok, but I think I still have a bit between my teeth !

It had not enough salt and too much shergar.

hee haw hee haw

Redips
18-01-2013, 17:26
Really wish everyone would rein in the horse meat puns!

Traces of Zebra found in Tesco barcodes.

Horse meet in Tesco burgers!! Its been in there a furlong time!

Even after the scandal, burger sales remain stable.

Is it true about these burgers in Tesco? Or are people just horsing around

Anyone know what I can do with the 100 Tesco value burgers I've been saddled with?

Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet?

Q You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Tesco? .......... A Royal Ascot with cheese.

murph
18-01-2013, 18:34
This story is getting bigger and others are now being implicated......apparently some of the horses had been interfered with prior to being put into the burgers......police are asking if anyone knows the whereabouts of a certain Jimmy Saddle!!

:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

DJandDeid
18-01-2013, 20:45
If you're not keen on horse burgers you should try Iceland's new range of Korean Meatballs. Apparently they're the dog's boll@x

marbro8
18-01-2013, 20:54
i have just checked the burgers in our fridge today and "THEY'RE OFF":cheeky:

warbey
18-01-2013, 21:10
We aim to promote Donkeyburgers..

Tenerife, sea and Sand. Cant keep em away.. Beach Holidays

Think of the Run on carrots.

macdonald5
18-01-2013, 22:26
The affordable way to buy your daughter the pony that she's always wanted --Tesco Quarter Pounders

marbro8
18-01-2013, 22:54
joking apart, i wonder how much trade the supermarkets involved will lose because of this scandal? at least tesco took out a full page apology in all the papers today, tbh if they were packaged up as hoarse burgers i would have tried them anyway:laugh:

timmylish
19-01-2013, 21:49
I was gonna say that if yer missus had eaten a couple of these at least you would get a decent .ide but, then I thought, no this is a family Forum after all.

KirstyJay
19-01-2013, 23:03
http://youtu.be/3Igvsl8np7c

artyjam
23-01-2013, 10:02
Oops cant find it. Where is the nearly new Iceland coming over in March to Mare nostrum. Know tenerife quite well is it near Puerto colon?

murph
23-01-2013, 13:17
Oops cant find it. Where is the nearly new Iceland coming over in March to Mare nostrum. Know tenerife quite well is it near Puerto colon?

Don't know anything about the Iceland store, but the Mare Nostrum resort is on the coast where Los Cristianos becomes Playa de Las Americas

imablue
23-01-2013, 13:56

Icelands new place is in Las Americas..walking say from Mare Nostrum resort towards "The Patch" continue on that road past "Hotel Las Palmeras"on your left then past "Colon Apartments 2 "on your right..the "Santander Bank"is on the corner just after Colon 2 ..directly across the road is "Iceland."

shushy
31-01-2013, 12:55
you wanna ty the meatball's they recon there the dog's bollox..

artyjam
01-02-2013, 04:43
Thanks know the Colon "