PDA

View Full Version : Other Where are the best places go in Tenerife for honeymoon?

pete4villa
19-01-2013, 21:45
Hi everyone, I am thinking of going to Tenerife for our honeymoon in June. We're thinking of going for two weeks and hiring a different villa for each week in different areas. We like to be within easy walking distance of busy'ish towns and the beach. We shall be hiring a car for the duration. Any recommendations as to which towns we should choose to stay in and why would be much appreciated. Thanks, Pete...

slodgedad
20-01-2013, 02:24
I know it's your honeymoon so most of the time you'll be indoors :) but if you gave an idea of your other needs it would give us a better idea of where to recommend.

Dancing, clubbing, water sports, hiking, drinking, the list is endless.

The kind of holiday you want will be available somewhere here.

Give us a clue......Congratulations, by the way.

irishmusico
20-01-2013, 12:15
Forget about all them Villas.Hire a camper van, drive to all the beaches and put a sign on the door. " If the house is a rockin,don't come a knockin" :)

ribuck
20-01-2013, 13:27
There are a couple of cottages for rent in and around Masca and Carrizales. Possibly the most beautiful setting in the world!

Howerver, not "within easy walking distance of busy'ish towns and the beach".

pete4villa
20-01-2013, 17:17
Thanks for your replies and help. However we are no spring chickens getting married (48) so to be honest clubbing will be out of the question. We are more interested in seeing the sights, beaches, markets and shopping during the day and eating drinking and perhaps watching a live band in a lively atmosphere in the evening. Most importantly we need to decide on two suitable different areas to stop at during our two weeks. Your help is much appreciated - thanks, Pete...

Santiago
20-01-2013, 18:12
Why don't you look up Los Cristianos and Puerto de la Cruz. Very different places on different sides of the island but with lots to do and see in both of them. Can I suggest that you try Puerto for the first week and Los Cris for the second, that way you will go from comparative sophistication to jolly good fun and lots of sunshine. Try Google for reports and Trip Advisor for info on resorts and accommodation.

One Warning - Puerto is built on the side of a very steep hill, (well a volcano, but it's not active), so if you have any problem walking (even if you do have a car) don't stay too far away from the sea!

chifleta
21-01-2013, 14:46
Definately check out trip advisor.... there are even villas for rent in some of the hotels here, Bahia del Duque, and the Abama Golf and Spa Resort and maybe some others, they might be quite pricey though, but hey, it's your honeymoon :)

One bit of advice if you rent a private villa, if you can see the actual address, google map it.... because friends of mine booked a villa (semi detached house) in Medano, within walking distance to the main town of Medano, but it was actually about a 20 minute walk... and the area was veryyyyyy window, the houses had sand dunes up against the garage doors hahaha... I love Medano, but this area was a bit too windy and too far away from even a shop to buy bread... the beach just below it is absolutely georgous though (Montaņa Pelada) as long as it's a good "sea" day.....

universal
21-01-2013, 16:32
May I suggest you try out this site:
http://www.domiciles-tropical.com/
They have outstanding country retreats on offer in various parts of the island and their personal service is second too none.