PDA

View Full Version : Property what happened to the hotel compostella beach golf resort 3?

rob897
20-01-2013, 00:51
Does anyone know what happened to the hotel compostella beach golf resort 3?, The huge hotel in the center of the golf course found here http://www.going-golfing-tenerife.com/compostela3.asp . It's been closed for several years now. The last time i was there in 2006, was were told Coral hotels, who are still about i think. could no longer rent the hotel for some reason. then 3 years later we find it dead with nothing but access for those who own apartments. A more recent rumor was that iberostar were interested in it. Such a shame that it closed as it was a great place to stay...

Andy0210
20-01-2013, 01:13
It was closed down, one of the main reasons is the greedy developers built two extra floors on it that weren´t on the original plans so it was deemed an illegal build.
Unofficial reason that seems to be doing the rounds is that someone greased the pockets of someone in authority and when it is knocked down they are going to build a lot of luxury villas on the site to sell off.
I have cleared furniture from numerous apartments on there, the residents have been compensated with what they originally paid for the apartment not the current value.