PDA

View Full Version : Important for Driving Licence in Spain: Certificado de Empadronamiento

Marion-Driving
22-06-2011, 16:24
As some people do not know about it I would like to point out again, that for being able to do the spanish driving licence all residents have to have the CERTIFICADO DE EMPADRONAMIENTO from the town hall of the village, where they live.

Unfortunately nobody informs about it but we are obligated to do the inscription if we live here for good. And if somebody wants to do the spanish licence Tráfico wants to see this Certificado de Empadronamiento and it has to certify that the resident lives here at least for 6 months, as by this they do avoid that people just come to Spain to do the licence.

casabonny
23-06-2011, 14:26
If you have a Green certificado de Registro and it is UNDER 6 months old Trafico do not require a Padron cert.This however , as most things here , is subject to change without notice and depends on whos dealing with it at the time! I had a row with one of the counter staff yesterday at Trafico over something very similar and when I told her to get her boss ( because I knew I was right ) she backed down and proceeded to complete the process in hand!!!! Argggggg can be so frustrating.