PDA

View Full Version : Television Sky news has no satellite signal in Tenerife

chocaholic
23-01-2013, 08:45
Anybody else lost Sky news this morning as it says no satellite signal being received. We have all other sky channels just lost channel 501 sky news'. We have unplugged the skybox and plugged back in still the same. thanks, anyone know how to get it back????

finca18jrl
23-01-2013, 09:34
We've lost ours too...stuck with CNN now!

junglejim
23-01-2013, 11:31
Ok with our community based dish .

primrose
23-01-2013, 11:38
They have moved the Satellite according to Premier and not only Sky News gone but quite a few others.We have a large dish on our complex but we have lost some channels.

canarybird
23-01-2013, 11:56
Sky news is still fine on my satellite dish on the roof. No change in signal or other lost channels.

junglejim
23-01-2013, 12:04
They have moved the Satellite according to Premier and not only Sky News gone but quite a few others.We have a large dish on our complex but we have lost some channels.

You need your dish / LNB re- aligned - all the channels that have been moved can still be accessed here . Premier re-aligned our system and everything is fine . From other threads and websites ,the information is nothing will happen until summer when 2E satellite will come in to operation .

satandpcguy
23-01-2013, 14:43
The affected channels include:

Channel 5HD
Dave HD
Watch HD
Gold
Comedy Central HD
Pick TV and +1
Sky News SD
Discovery HD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports News HD
F1 HD
Animal Planet HD
Nat Geo HD
Eden HD

Perhaps a move to the new 2F satellite...and reception is much different to what was expected.

But as I type, a report or two that they should be back on - perhaps a temporary move, or a beam tweak...?

You need your dish / LNB re- aligned - all the channels that have been moved can still be accessed here . Premier re-aligned our system and everything is fine . .
All depends if your dish is big enough to receive the signals in the first place. No amount of realigning wil get the signals back if the dish is too small to get the signals in the first place.

From other threads and websites ,the information is nothing will happen until summer when 2E satellite will come in to operation .
Not really true.
The BBC ITV C4s are expected to move from 1N to 2E in the summer.
Other channels will be, and look as if they are, moving from 2a and 2b to 2F, at anytime...

Megaloo
23-01-2013, 14:55
We have lost Sky News to, still got most other Channels including the
sports that we were getting.

chocaholic
23-01-2013, 16:06
thanks satpcguy, dont suppose any news on whether temporary or if and how long until they are abck on. sky news and picktv are the only channels lost at the minute, still got skyone, sky living and sky atlantic

gazza
24-01-2013, 09:37
i found this on the net, this may explain a thing or two.....http://www.skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html

Megaloo
24-01-2013, 10:36
We have also lost Sports Channels this morning on our Sky . We still have Euro sport but no others.

pandiok
26-01-2013, 21:21
Answer seems to be that for those who live in UK or Ireland is to buy a Slingbox. It will then be possible to download your complete Sky package onto a laptop or IPad and then transfer to your TV via HDMI on ADSL connection.

henry
26-01-2013, 21:27
something else i still get sky news and bbc news and that because i have canel +

Harmonicaman
26-01-2013, 21:52
See reasoning here...Canarian Weekly (http://www.canarianweekly.com/shock-switch-off/)

cainaries
26-01-2013, 23:25
We have also lost Sports Channels this morning on our Sky . We still have Euro sport but no others.

Lucky you ... you can watch Andy tomorrow at crack of dawn!

We just assumed our box had broken! We have sound but no pix. thanks for starting the thread as now we know there is a solution although we will probably have to get Klaus the Louse out to sort it as he's the man we got the box from. His catchphrase ... whispered to OH is always .... 'you vant erotica?' ..... er, no, we just want sky news!

timmylish
27-01-2013, 00:01
although we will probably have to get Klaus the Louse out to sort it as he's the man we got the box from. His catchphrase ... whispered to OH is always .... 'you vant erotica?' ..... er, no, we just want sky news![/QUOTE]

Sky News, thought that was erotica.
Anyway, as per usual I,ll bore the living daylights out of you all and confirm that the reception of SkyNews to-day, thru' my VPN, was as usual, excellent in its clarity of reception!

lesbroz
03-02-2013, 13:17
Sky Sports 2 now available through other channels!

Foz
03-02-2013, 15:42
We've updated to HD (an extra 10.00 pounds a month) and have all (and more) channels back.

Megaloo
03-02-2013, 23:39
We've updated to HD (an extra 10.00 pounds a month) and have all (and more) channels back.

Where did you get your HD box from ? England ? Does it work with your original card or do you need another card. Sorry if I sound thick but I am not at all technical.

Foz
04-02-2013, 14:59
We got the HD box in the Uk. Do be honest we've had it a while but just didn't subscribe to the HD channels until now. I don't recall having to get a new card but we did have to have a double feed installed from the dish in order to receive the HD channels.

catsmad
04-06-2013, 17:27
we have a telynet box from premier and you can get sky news on that on 301

pandiok
04-06-2013, 18:52
Many thanks