PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Has anyone started up as a Herbalife distributor in Tenerife?

Debbie_22
23-01-2013, 16:01
Heya, A while back the forum was flooded by herbalife / herbalwellbeing looking for distributors. Did anyone actually take them up on this, and if so how did it go and is it worth it. Or if you have tried this 'diet' how was it for you??
An acquaintance recently contacted me offering to be my 'sponsor' in exchange for 25 - 35% commission which in theory sounds great. This was accompanied with a 20page powerpoint document which doesn't really tell you anything except swapping a big mac meal for one of their shakes made of a meager 220kcal will make you lose weight. Obviously coming from a sports and nutrition based background, this shake will not sustain you. It doesnt take a genius to work out swapping a full fry up for poached eggs, lean grilled bacon, a griddled tomato and ryvita bread will have the same weight loss effect in a much more manageable and sustainable way.
Just wondered what peoples thoughts were about Herbalife, if you have tried the diet / sold the products as I am really not convinced.
And also once I opt in and get the products, I have the option to recruit my own people---- PYRAMID SCHEME / SYSTEM (SCAM)???????????????????

Thanks

9PLUS
23-01-2013, 17:55
Pyramid scheme

chifleta
23-01-2013, 18:37
yeah definately pyramid... ughhh I used to sell insurance on a pyramid system - mind you the bosses didn't make much out of me, I was a crap saleswoman hahahaha.

I think i'll stick to Weight Watchers, it's worked for me so far - I did a liquid diet when I was younger and it didn't work - I also did the Cambridge diet :crylaughing: that didn't work either :D

Debbie_22
23-01-2013, 18:48
Tried to get the ingredient list / nutritional breakdown, got a very quick reply, however was such BS, such as more Vitamin C than a banana, well of course, so I responded with how does the vitamin C content fair against something with a known level eg an orange and have had no reply! LOL

cainaries
23-01-2013, 22:10
Tried to get the ingredient list / nutritional breakdown, got a very quick reply, however was such BS, such as more Vitamin C than a banana, well of course, so I responded with how does the vitamin C content fair against something with a known level eg an orange and have had no reply! LOL

A friend sold Herbalife in the UK and we bought some to try to help the poor guy out. He had a lot of family and financial problems and was trying everything to make some money. The drink is DISGUSTING. And he lost money on it all. Would recommend you say a firm NO.

Chatty Girl
26-01-2013, 14:57
About 8 years ago British friend of mine who lived in Turkey set it up in Istanbul with his girlfriend as she ran a beauty centre. She had customers at her door so it was easy for her to promoted etc and they made a lot of money out of it and won several holidays etc. Youve got to be in the right place to make megabucks and he was... Shame she managed to scam him for about £100k but thats another story...

He asked me and my then partner to join the scheme but we didnt like the product! Ive done Cambridge Diet and Slimfast and the weight comes back on immediately plus I like food too much! Im a believer in eat less and move more which is what Ive done the past 10 months to lose some weight.

KirstyJay
26-01-2013, 15:27
Chatty Girl nice first post. Welcome to the forum :)

Chatty Girl
27-01-2013, 15:20
Thanks for the welcome.:thanx:

Ive been viewing posts for months now as a fairly regular visitor to Tenerife. Going back in 2 weeks for some winter sunshine and relaxation.