PDA

View Full Version : Employment How bad, financially, is Tenerife for living?

jacekluzsa
23-01-2013, 16:39
Hi Everyone,

my wife and my self would like to move back to Canaries, and at this time i am trying to see how Tenerife would be. As we have been working in Lanzarote before and i have to say the money was not bad, it was enough for living good. However i was working full time as a chef and she was very partime waitress in the same restaurant.
Anyway we have got around 500-700 a week together depend on how busy it was and the apartment cost us 500 all included, so it was not that bad i think.
As i saw on other posts the money is very little if it is true...
Does anyone can tell me what is the reality now in Tenerife?
I would also ask if someone would know any English speaking /owned dentistry, as this time my wife would work in her profession, she is a dental hygienist.

Thanks for any information,

greatings from rainy Ireland :)

Jacek & Nellie

Fivepence
23-01-2013, 16:42
:welcome: to the forum Jacek and Nellie.

bonitatime
23-01-2013, 21:14
There have been English dentists not sure if there are right now. But your wife will probably need her qualifications convalidated
There are Italian dentists opposite is and they seem to work with multinational staff and clients
I can't comment on wages for chefs. A friend is getting 8€ an jour but I have no idea if that is standard.
The problem right now us finding a job more than anything else.

jacekluzsa
23-01-2013, 21:24
thank you for your comment "bonitatime" and "fivepence"

i am trying to find some websites officially for dentistries....
Yeah, i think the main problem everywhere to find a job, not just over there, i think it is a global european problem right now. Is this is the only useful web forum where are jobs online or do you know something else?

thank you again,

regards

Jacek & Nellie

bonitatime
24-01-2013, 08:03
Do you speak Spanish as I know several but all in Spanish

universal
24-01-2013, 13:06
Today's figures show Spanish unemployment just shy of 6,000,000.
That's not including all those who do not qualify for benefits, so are not signing on.......

chifleta
24-01-2013, 17:19
That's not including all those who do not qualify for benefits, so are not signing on.......

i wonder, does it include those that are signed on as unemployed, but don't receive benefits? e.g students that have not worked and therefore not entitled!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i wonder, does it include those that are signed on as unemployed, but don't receive benefits? e.g students that have not worked and therefore not entitled!!

honda
25-01-2013, 10:54

There are many people living here and not working (not through choice) that are not included in those figures. Would love to know the true figure.

universal
25-01-2013, 11:34
i wonder, does it include those that are signed on as unemployed, but don't receive benefits? e.g students that have not worked and therefore not entitled!

With 17 million registered as working, 9 million pensioners, 7.4 million under 16's, and 6 million registered unemployed from a total population of 47 million we see a shortfall of 7.6 million.

obs
25-01-2013, 11:39
That's an awful lot of brown envelopes! :spin:

universal
25-01-2013, 11:43
That's an awful lot of brown envelopes! :spin:

Other news out this morning stated that "Black (Corruption) Money" accounts for 35% of Spain's gross domestic product!
With more €500 notes in circulation than any other E.U. member state.

obs
25-01-2013, 12:42
Now that is unnerving!

honda
25-01-2013, 16:11
With 17 million registered as working, 9 million pensioners, 7.4 million under 16's, and 6 million registered unemployed from a total population of 47 million we see a shortfall of 7.6 million.

What about the people living here that are not registered, no NIE, NO RESIDENCIA, do not own property and do a little work for cash in hand, to keep them going.... There are many of them in Tenerife.

universal
28-01-2013, 13:36
What about the people living here that are not registered, no NIE, NO RESIDENCIA, do not own property and do a little work for cash in hand, to keep them going.... There are many of them in Tenerife.

Yes but as they are not registered they would niether appear in nor affect the statistics.