PDA

View Full Version : I think I've got a job (in a way)

henry
24-01-2013, 20:44
like the title said. everyday i allways take my dog out for him to play with the other dogs at the school in guaza. there a brazil women yesterday ask me if iīm willing to teach her english. i told her i donīt mind but america english is a little diffenect then british english. i told her i think about it and give her my answer tomorrow. today i told her yeah, i can teach you basic english for bout 2 hours on any 2 days she wants. i told her my price. i told her i can do 50 euros a month. thatīs bout a little over 3 euros a hour. cheap huh? so she will think about it.and talking saying i want to know how to talk to people in english. like esample. where is the bus stop? i like to buy some milk etc. told her no problem. if she accept then thatīs great!! hope she said o.k. i know what everyone thinking oh my god!! henry going to teach america english yuuuupppp!! got that right i recoken!! lol so just wanna holla on this. and hope she said yes!! yeah 50 euros is a good price (i think) better then the schools charge 150 euros or more a month. what yall think??

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 20:49
Good news Henry, I hope it works out for you.

However, there is no such language as American English, French English, Russian English or any other English...............it's simply English. :crylaughing:

Oh, and another thing.........stop messing with our spelling. :raspberry:

casabonny
24-01-2013, 21:16
I hope you will be declaring this income

cainaries
24-01-2013, 21:19
Fivepence ... you beat me to it! I was going to say fine to teach her English just so long as you aren't planning on teaching her any spelling, henry. (henry do you ever ever read your post to check for mistakes before you click on send?!? This is so basic! Sigh).

Never mind, there is a Dutch guy here on La Palma who is giving English lessons to impressionable young Spanish ladies, and his English is almost non-existent! But what can I say? Nada .. hunh? At least English in one of its forms is henry's mother tongue. Probably!

henry
24-01-2013, 21:28
o.k. bah!! Muchablige with them words. lol!! besided nothing like talking country words. better then Nawthun huh?
like em right naw in guaza sure is phraisin outside i recoken!! now Zat yo dawg english or Zat yo dawg english lol!!
see i have to change my words for all the members here because if i type da this no lot whoulda understand me! well, em! going to eat some food i bay vittles early today at lidi. you see!! and later maybe down daw to the waterbarn and do some hootnaddy with a gal. :raspberry2: nothing like a tue redneck recoken??

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 21:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7rEBTKi9TQ

henry
24-01-2013, 21:32
hootnaddy is dance
bah is boss
nawthun is nothing
phraisin is cold
da is like
vittles is food brought
daw is down
waterbarn is a barn
tue is true

TOTO 99
24-01-2013, 21:34
Henry my friend,

even at 3 euros an hour, I predict that you will be a millionaire before this lady learns english.....:laugh:

henry
24-01-2013, 21:39
you recoken? lol

Fivepence
24-01-2013, 21:44
Has the lady got a dawg you could walk for an extra euro?

henry
24-01-2013, 21:53
she wak her dawg she got two

karinskie
24-01-2013, 22:33
great fun entertaining posts everyone - glad it's not all about serious stuff on here...

slodgedad
24-01-2013, 22:56
Good on ya, Henry.

COL NIL SATIS
25-01-2013, 00:07

Gangnam Style,good luck H mate :wink:

honda
25-01-2013, 10:44
My god...... Hope this woman joins the Forum :wink2:

Malteser Monkey
25-01-2013, 11:21
Henry can you teach me to type English please I'll only charge you 30 Euros a month:cheeky:

Fivepence
25-01-2013, 11:30
Henry can you teach me to type English please I'll only charge you 30 Euros a month:cheeky:

Bargain...........:crylaughing::crylaughing::cryla ughing: but would that be American English, Indian English, Japanese English or Spanish English?

You need to be more specific. :bootyshake:

Malteser Monkey
25-01-2013, 11:34
Bargain...........:crylaughing::crylaughing::cryla ughing: but would that be American English, Indian English, Japanese English or Spanish English?

You need to be more specific. :bootyshake:

Didn't you read the other post there is ONLY ONE English:twak:

it was your piggin' post !:crylaughing:

kingbaker
25-01-2013, 11:42
You'll have to forgive Monkey features as she's used to living in the colony of Wales, and so not used to civilisation, running water, electricity etc.

Fivepence
25-01-2013, 11:47
You'll have to forgive Monkey features as she's used to living in the colony of Wales, and so not used to civilisation, running water, electricity etc.

I think someone told me that she had a pet dragon.........or it may have been her OH calls her his pet dragon, not sure. :whistle:

Malteser Monkey
25-01-2013, 11:52

OH peddles whilst I'm on the computer:crylaughing:

I think someone told me that she had a pet dragon.........or it may have been her OH calls her his pet dragon, not sure. :whistle:

Yeap ! you wanna see me make toast

(an old Fawlty towers reference)

Rainer
25-01-2013, 15:15
[...] how to talk to people in english. like esample. where is the bus stop? i like to buy some milk [...] what yall think??

There are two questions, Henry,

I often ask myself: "What does it look like?" and "What is it in reality?".

Did you ask the woman in question, WHY she really wants to learn English?

Maybe she is not looking for a bus to drive with nor for a milk to drink but for an Englishman to marry?

Fingers crossed :whistle:,
Rainer

chifleta
25-01-2013, 15:25
There are two questions, Henry,

I often ask myself: "What does it look like?" and "What is it in reality?".

Did you ask the woman in question, WHY she really wants to learn English?

Maybe she is not looking for a bus to drive with nor for a milk to drink but for an Englishman to marry?

Fingers crossed :whistle:,
Rainer

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I like your way of thinking :eyebrows:...........except Henry is American :pizza:

Rainer
25-01-2013, 15:46
......except Henry is American :pizza:

Oops! I should have read your post more carefully, Henry :ashamed:

Danke, chifleta.

henry
25-01-2013, 20:52
she wants to learn english for her job. and beside anyone knows british english. like ohh!!! look at that bird!! right there by the lorry. iīm going to ask her if she wants to go to apple and pears to catch a movie. jolly ho!! hip hip!! laters eat some fish and chips! hahahahaha

cainaries
25-01-2013, 20:58
Not 'movie' henry, 'film'.

Shop not store

lift not elevator

and so on and on and on .....

but I'm sure you are going to get on with this Brazilian lady and her dawgs like a house on fire.

Andy0210
25-01-2013, 21:26
Iīm sure you will be fist pumping with her in no time ;)

warbey
25-01-2013, 22:01

I got to this Post and took a Mouthfull of Coffee...... A booby twap..

Wish I had a Dog to wak, Henry....:confused::confused:..:bootyshake::o:twak ::twak:

kingbaker
26-01-2013, 00:30
she wants to learn english for her job. and beside anyone knows british english. like ohh!!! look at that bird!! right there by the lorry. iīm going to ask her if she wants to go to apple and pears to catch a movie. jolly ho!! hip hip!! laters eat some fish and chips! hahahahaha

Hi Henry I speak Irish english and I understand American English, but not English English......tooooo much "I like big BRUVVER and I live on the I STREET and go on my HOLLIERS to 'ISLAND'. So good luck with the American English lessons, and
'TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA' Henry:tiphat:

Vortex Wake
26-01-2013, 16:34
http://www.inclusive.co.uk/Img/Dyn/Cache/Products/1897-161012085838332176146.jpg

evieee24
18-02-2013, 18:38
Henry my friend,

even at 3 euros an hour, I predict that you will be a millionaire before this lady learns english.....:laugh:

Hahaha! :lol: