PDA

View Full Version : Other Why were there no free newspapers at the usual places this weekend?

Alf
26-01-2013, 23:03
I've been looking for the free weekend newspapers this weekend and haven't been able to find any. Does anyone know why or when they will be available?

Andy0210
26-01-2013, 23:31
Whereabouts are you, i deliver one of them and the one i deliver was available in all the normal places, if you tell me where you are i can tell you the closest point to you to collect one from. :)

Alf
27-01-2013, 13:38
I live on Amarilla Golf and since there were none at the usual places, I went to Iceland and was surprised to fine no papers there either.

I checked on Friday and Saturday.

princessmonika
27-01-2013, 14:17
they where still plenty of them at 11 o clock you got to get there early???:sorry:

ciderhunter
27-01-2013, 14:28
I also have been finding it hard to find the papers. I tried Coral Mar Square. Usually plenty there but not this week. Tried Iceland Saturday morning about 11ish, Not one. I managed to pick up a Canarian Weekly and an Island Connections in the Britannia bar in Silencio. No sign of the Tenerife weekly anywhere.
Could be they are printing fewer copies or somebody is nicking 'em in bulk.

Andy0210
29-01-2013, 22:25
There are 150 Tenerife Weeklys left in Coral Mar Square every week also 20 left at Live Arico and 20 left at The Albatros, there is just under 1000 left at Iceland Chafiras left every week.

8000 are printed weekly without fail and delivered to over 400 places starting in El Medano and finishing in Los Gigantes.

All i can suggest is you go looking for them earlier as during this time of the year they are in great demand due to the number of swallows on the Island at the moment.

sandra coats
30-01-2013, 08:51
Hi. Just noticed you live amarilla golf. We are hoping to move there in October. Coming to look at villa in April. Is it nice place to live???

Suej
30-01-2013, 12:12
There are 150 Tenerife Weeklys left in Coral Mar Square every week also 20 left at Live Arico and 20 left at The Albatros, there is just under 1000 left at Iceland Chafiras left every week.

8000 are printed weekly without fail and delivered to over 400 places starting in El Medano and finishing in Los Gigantes.

All i can suggest is you go looking for them earlier as during this time of the year they are in great demand due to the number of swallows on the Island at the moment.

Most people only want them for the TV listings!:laugh:

Andy0210
31-01-2013, 00:29
Most people only want them for the TV listings!:laugh:

You are possibly right but they still flick through the rest of the paper anyways :)

slodgedad
31-01-2013, 00:35
as this thread is no longer curent I'll close it.

Alf
31-01-2013, 09:59
No thanks slodgedad for closing my thread about why there were no weekend newspapers about last weekend. It didn't even run for a week and there are others that have been on there for ages. I'd have closed it this weekend myself. I'm hoping the papers will be about this coming weekend. I thank everyone for their replies, but I still think it was strange last weekend, that I couldn't find a paper in Amarilla Golf or Iceland. I did look before 11:00 am and Iceland usually has stacks of papers with the ties still on them all around the left side of the outside area and last weekend, not a single paper or a tie on the floor. That's Friday and Saturday.

primrose
31-01-2013, 10:32
No thanks slodgedad for closing my thread about why there were no weekend newspapers about last weekend. It didn't even run for a week and there are others that have been on there for ages. I'd have closed it this weekend myself. I'm hoping the papers will be about this coming weekend. I thank everyone for their replies, but I still think it was strange last weekend, that I couldn't find a paper in Amarilla Golf or Iceland. I did look before 11:00 am and Iceland usually has stacks of papers with the ties still on them all around the left side of the outside area and last weekend, not a single paper or a tie on the floor. That's Friday and Saturday.

Why didn't you ask at Iceland about the papers, where they where or had they all gone? Princessmonica said there were papers there at 11 o'clock when she was at Iceland.The papers are delivered during the night tonight just get there early in the morning.

slodgedad
01-02-2013, 01:03

Sorry for the delay, just got in from work.

I closed the thread, as I do many others, as I thought the issue had been resolved.

My apologies

Thread re opened and your comments merged

Andy0210
01-02-2013, 08:24
I live on Amarilla Golf and since there were none at the usual places, I went to Iceland and was surprised to fine no papers there either.

I checked on Friday and Saturday.

I also have been finding it hard to find the papers. I tried Coral Mar Square. Usually plenty there but not this week. Tried Iceland Saturday morning about 11ish, Not one. I managed to pick up a Canarian Weekly and an Island Connections in the Britannia bar in Silencio. No sign of the Tenerife weekly anywhere.
Could be they are printing fewer copies or somebody is nicking 'em in bulk.

Tenerife Weeklys in your area as of this morning,

Amarilla Golf

Winter Gardens, Frosties Bar, Pebble Beach Supermarket, Aries Bar, Pinehurst Bar and the Golf Club Club House

Costa Del Silencio

Coral Mar Square, Live Arico, The Albatros, Our Place, Tenerife Sons, Pizza Taxi, Chinese Restaurant next to Pizza Taxi, Cosy Corner and Happy Days Tennis Club

Get em quick as you know they go fast. ;)

Alf
01-02-2013, 13:43
Thanks for all the replies. Got the papers today, like I have in the past, no problem. It's still a mystery to me what happened last weekend. OK, slodgedad, you can close this thread. It's old news now and normal service has been resumed. Thanks.

Malteser Monkey
01-02-2013, 14:01
Thanks for all the replies. Got the papers today, like I have in the past, no problem. It's still a mystery to me what happened last weekend. OK, slodgedad, you can close this thread. It's old news now and normal service has been resumed. Thanks.

Make your mind up Alf - poor old Slodgie donesn't know whether he's coming or going:cheeky:

primrose
01-02-2013, 14:36

You just got there too late. Get over it.