PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Why has my car only been given an ITV for 6 months?

finca18jrl
27-01-2013, 08:55
Yesterday we took our 10 year old car for it's annual ITV check and when we got home we see that it has only been given 6 months until the next check requirement. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why it's not the normal 12 months?:dontknow:

casabonny
27-01-2013, 17:43
After 10 years the amount of time given is reduced .Is it a Turismo, 4x4 or Mixto?

finca18jrl
27-01-2013, 19:03
Thanks Casabonny, I really appreciate the info. as it was bugging me. Yes, it's large "people carrier" as we would call them!

atlantico
28-01-2013, 12:17
my 1995 Range Rover gets a 12 month ITV, its classed as Turismo and I assumed only vehicles classed as commercial needed ITV every 6 months. I was told that some brand new car buyers opt to register as commercial , if the car falls into that category , in order to pay less purchase tax

finca18jrl
28-01-2013, 12:48
my 1995 Range Rover gets a 12 month ITV, its classed as Turismo and I assumed only vehicles classed as commercial needed ITV every 6 months. I was told that some brand new car buyers opt to register as commercial , if the car falls into that category , in order to pay less purchase tax

Oh well that's odd. I have no idea what they classify ours as, it's a Ford Galaxy. It certainly isn't commercial though and up until this last test we had a review every year.
Thank you for that reply though; perhaps I should go back there and ask them what's what....

atlantico
28-01-2013, 13:12
look on the 'log book' for its classification. Being a people carrier the original buyers may have classed it as commercial vehicle

finca18jrl
28-01-2013, 16:39
look on the 'log book' for its classification. Being a people carrier the original buyers may have classed it as commercial vehicle

It says "without classification"....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Went back to the ITV station and they said that it is classified as commercial, but I should go to Ford and ask if they can re-classify it! Cannot believe that they could do that???