PDA

View Full Version : Are there any expat biker groups in Tenerife?

blumeeni
29-01-2013, 23:09
Hi everyone, moving to the Reef in Oct any expat bikers on here for some advice,rides etc?
Can't seem to find any expat motorcycle forums.

9PLUS
29-01-2013, 23:15
Hi everyone, moving to the Reef in Oct any expat bikers on here for some advice,rides etc?
Can't seem to find any expat motorcycle forums.

Put yourself in touch with these guys from Island Rides Tenerife great bunch of people and the biking scene here is massive

https://www.facebook.com/IslandRidesTenerife

http://www.canaryislandsrides.com/

dede
30-01-2013, 08:38
You wont find any proper bikers here love, unless your into harleys that is :run:

9PLUS
30-01-2013, 10:48
You find any proper bikers here love, unless your into harleys that is :run:

That sentence of yours doesn't make any sense dede

dede
30-01-2013, 10:58
Missed a word out, fixed it now, only a proper biker would understand it..:crylaughing:

chifleta
30-01-2013, 14:19
these are definately not expats, but i've seen them around (if you've got facebook you can have a nosey) http://www.facebook.com/lobosdelasfalto.lobosdelasfalto ... they have organised get togethers, my lad played live at one once and whilst I was videoing, there was a couple of ladies that always went to these get togethers and they were Brits :) so some of them probably speak English at least ..

Leam_Lin
30-01-2013, 16:03
these are definately not expats, but i've seen them around (if you've got facebook you can have a nosey) http://www.facebook.com/lobosdelasfalto.lobosdelasfalto ... they have organised get togethers, my lad played live at one once and whilst I was videoing, there was a couple of ladies that always went to these get togethers and they were Brits :) so some of them probably speak English at least ..

Thats a proper bike club.

Biker81
03-06-2013, 17:33
Can any Tenerife based biker or motorcycle owners add me as friend, I need all information regarding moving to the island
hi, my nickname is Cowboy, I'm :scotland: I own a Q plated Bmw trike, which was designed in intensive care, and built in a shed, can anyone tell me if the island regulations are different for a bringing in a Q plated vehicle, also my Wife's Honda Shadow was originally imported into the UK from Canada. Both vehicles are older custom variety, The BMW built by myself in 1995, and the Honda Shadow is a 1989 model, both are road legal in the UK and are serviced regularly . I myself am a right leg amputee, and a year off pension age,which opens new horrors, as far as I can see there are no limb fitting centres in Tenerife, but my wife is in her 20's and will be the main bread winner , at the moment we are taking lessons in Spanish, and taking in as much information as we can for our move, planning on moving with a Luton Box and Trailer the Luton is a LH Drive vehicle, and will be sold after we arrive, the trailer however will be needed to house our workshop tools until we establish rental on a private, garage for the trike/bike

Many questions and info required, the most important to us, is learning the language, our vehicles, then my health issues(disabled) before general re-location paperwork etc etc my priorities may be different from others, but the transport is my life ...

thanking you in anticipation,
:cowboy:

aka biker81

Biker81
03-06-2013, 18:04
You wont find any proper bikers here love, unless your into harleys that is :run:

thanx for that info, BIKERS ARE A DYING BREED, Harley riders are a dime a dozen .... in my opinion......
old skool biker here , relocating in a couple of years time ..... and ur post makes perfect sense to me ....jus sayin

slodgedad
03-06-2013, 22:15
Can any Tenerife based biker or motorcycle owners add me as friend, I need all information regarding moving to the island
hi, my nickname is Cowboy, I'm :scotland: I own a Q plated Bmw trike, which was designed in intensive care, and built in a shed, can anyone tell me if the island regulations are different for a bringing in a Q plated vehicle, also my Wife's Honda Shadow was originally imported into the UK from Canada. Both vehicles are older custom variety, The BMW built by myself in 1995, and the Honda Shadow is a 1989 model, both are road legal in the UK and are serviced regularly . I myself am a right leg amputee, and a year off pension age,which opens new horrors, as far as I can see there are no limb fitting centres in Tenerife, but my wife is in her 20's and will be the main bread winner , at the moment we are taking lessons in Spanish, and taking in as much information as we can for our move, planning on moving with a Luton Box and Trailer the Luton is a LH Drive vehicle, and will be sold after we arrive, the trailer however will be needed to house our workshop tools until we establish rental on a private, garage for the trike/bike

Many questions and info required, the most important to us, is learning the language, our vehicles, then my health issues(disabled) before general re-location paperwork etc etc my priorities may be different from others, but the transport is my life ...

thanking you in anticipation,
:cowboy:

aka biker81

thanx for that info, BIKERS ARE A DYING BREED, Harley riders are a dime a dozen .... in my opinion......
old skool biker here , relocating in a couple of years time ..... and ur post makes perfect sense to me ....jus sayin

Hi, Biker. I have moved your posts to here to try and keep all the info together...

Biker81
24-06-2013, 10:16
hey again, ive located all the biker clubs/groups/hangouts on the island...and have joined them on ther faacebook pages ...the majority are Spanish or canarian led organisations ... I have enquired about setting up an actual german/british ex pat club on my arrival on the island, I say british and german, as they are the most likely settlers who are running customs or cruisers.. although the club would be open to any genre and sex..... anyone interesred in the meantime ...feel free to add me as a friend or contact me thru thjis forum ..

bandit
29-06-2013, 11:30
ive got a Harley and fully understand. I would like to bring the Harley to Tenerife next year and would appreciate any advice on import costs and any paperwork needed

tracy hampshire
29-06-2013, 19:17
there is a german owned biker cafe/bar just opening on the road between icod de los vinos & el tanque x

Biker81
29-06-2013, 20:26
Thanx tracey, i'll enquire more about that one ... thanx again ..

AutoBarLaRuta
24-03-2016, 23:56
Hey everyone,

We own a biker themed bar in Adeje, Auto Bar La Ruta (located in Finca Boca Cangrejo Bajo), where you can give us a visit and talk about bikers and biker groups in Tenerife, bike renting, etc.

We also actively participate in motorcycle routes throughout the island and organise special thematic events. Feel free to visit us!