PDA

View Full Version : Single parents now have to sign on every two weeks to get their benefit!

carpenter
30-01-2013, 22:56
It has been widely reported that many single parents are abusing the British benefit system by claiming British tax payers money and living abroad in place like Tenerife.

It is now reported that all single parents claiming benefits must report to their local benefit office fortnightly to prove that they are still in the local area.

Oh if only this were true!
The same week that we arrived in England a young mother with a 9 month old baby flew into TFS to start a new life in Chayofa boasting that the benefit system in the UK is very generous. How can this be right? How many others are doing this?

I say find them grass em up and ship em out......!!!!!!!

cainaries
30-01-2013, 23:06
When we first started coming to La Palma there was a fairly large German hippie community. Turned out that at that time, they only had to sign on once a year (!) and could get their benefits paid into a Spanish Bank Account. So it isn't just the Brits. However, Frau Merkel put a swift stop to all that and there was definitely a 'mass exodus' from here.

delgirl
31-01-2013, 14:19
Hi all, this is to do with income support. All single mothers now have to go on jobseekers when their youngest child reaches 5 it used to be 7. At my granddaughters school there are many new Mums with 5 year old having or had new babys, I wonder why, some are single parents, but the partners are around an awful lot. So I think its time for a benefit shake-up what do you all think.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

As well as this there is now tax credits that are paid on top of benefits, if their ex-partners pays them maintanance, this is not means tested either so the more babies they have the more money they get. Then they have a new boyfriend there who shouldn't be so they are bucks in.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

It never ceases to amaze me how single parents keep having babies with no questions asked

Ali.xx
06-02-2013, 18:39
I am a single parent with one daughter. I work part time and receive tax credits. I do not receive any other benefits apart from child benefit, which is the same amount that a couple get even if they earn £50 k a year. Which other benefits do these single mothers with several children get? I also pay all my mortgage and council tax. I also pay tax and national insurance.

macdonald5
06-02-2013, 18:49
Unfortunately with all benefit 'reforms' many innocents get caught up and 'the knowledgeable' continue to be better off
While laughing at the long hours many have to put in to survive

Ecky Thump
06-02-2013, 19:15
On the Isle of Cumbrae (ten minute ferry trip) off the West Coast of Scotland, the unemployed and drug users who are on benefits are queuing up from all over the UK to get a flat there, the benefit to them is they don't have to sign on as its a ferry trip and the government, even make sure that their methadone is delivered to them!!

garlicbread
06-02-2013, 19:31
What will happen to these "poor people" if/when Scotland gains independence?

macdonald5
06-02-2013, 19:53
On the Isle of Cumbrae (ten minute ferry trip) off the West Coast of Scotland, the unemployed and drug users who are on benefits are queuing up from all over the UK to get a flat there, the benefit to them is they don't have to sign on as its a ferry trip and the government, even make sure that their methadone is delivered to them!!

Whooh Ecky just when I think I've heard it all another 'gem' crops up and you have mentioned a brammer !,
Yesterdays paper showed millions of our money going out to other countries to children we not even sure if exist
When is common sense going to prevail??

Ecky Thump
06-02-2013, 22:25
What will happen to these "poor people" if/when Scotland gains independence?

Emigrate to Tenerife!!:laugh:

They can even get there by ferry.:tiphat: