PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Where are the best fishing hotspots in Las Galletas, Tenerife?

shushy
31-01-2013, 12:32
Coming to los galletos in a couple of week's has anybody got any info or hotspots for shore/rock fishing near los galletos the fishing village tip's bait rigs etc ?
thanks
shushy..

Fivepence
31-01-2013, 12:36
Coming to los galletos in a couple of week's has anybody got any info or hotspots for shore/rock fishing near los galletos the fishing village tip's bait rigs etc ?
thanks
shushy..

:welcome:to the forum Shushy.

member @Chifleta's (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?1120-chifleta) OH goes fishing and she will probably be able to advise you.

shushy
31-01-2013, 12:39
Thanks for the welcome

chifleta
31-01-2013, 23:43
:welcome:to the forum Shushy.

member @Chifleta's (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?1120-chifleta) OH goes fishing and she will probably be able to advise you.

shhhhhhhhh .... you just had to put your fivepence worth in hehehehe..... I was going to play ignorant hehehe ... oh, and excuse me, but MOI goes fishing too, just too nippy at the moment LOL plus my licence has run out....

Oh look, I said shhhh and OP's name is Shushy hahahaha soorry, i'm tired, finding daft things funny tonight.... you'll see where some of the decent enough places to fish are as there will be people already fishing there, so you could always sneekily go sit about 2 or 3 metres away from them :) you should really have a licence, but if you're only here for a week or two, I wouldn't worry too much, just play ignorant and hope that the Guardia doesn't turn up and take your fishing gear :) (i've only known that to happen to harpoon fishermen)...

use smelly prawns (gambas para pescar) as bait (you can get them from the freezer shop just round the corner from Banca March)... there's a fishing shop (Sayos) just by the entrance to the Hotel Alborada, she has plenty of fishing stuff if you need. Just be careful climbing down the rocks, and keep eye out for tides coming in/going out as the swell can be a bit evil at times, and put plenty of sun cream on... enjoy :D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ps welcome :) and i'm not telling you where we go fishing :neener::fishing:

shushy
01-02-2013, 18:55
Thanks for your repy chifleta, what rigs do you use float ? ledger? hooks size? and what can yu catch? sorry for al the questiions but im very keen on catching something decent and whant to gather everthng i need before i arrive in tenerife thanks
shushy...

chifleta
01-02-2013, 23:33
ahhh you've got me there LOL I don't know the jargon, and even less in English .. OH gets everything ready for me, I just stick the prawn on the end, cast off and catch our tea :) I do know we use the carbon hooks, that dissolve ... we catch sea bream, sea bass, black jack, yellow fin jack, garfish, barracuda, parrot fish, my favourite trigger fish ņom ņom , sometimes even catch an octopus, but you usually end up losing hook etc when that happens ... basically catch a bit of everything... we use floats or weights depending how far out you're casting, as the sea bed is very rocky.... but if you cast out far, it's a lot deeper (depending which area too)... sorry for the lack of info regarding rigs? ledger?

shushy
04-02-2013, 19:48
Thanks again chifleta... Come on now tell me couple of spot's it wont kill you :laugh:

chifleta
04-02-2013, 22:05
Thanks again chifleta... Come on now tell me couple of spot's it wont kill you :laugh:

Below Amarilla Bay area there are a couple of spots, normally people already there though, just be careful with the tides because they suction down and gush back up with quite a force sometimes - even we nearly lost all out gear once (in our secret fishing spot), I nearly lost my fricking clothes and shoes and rucksacks with phone, camera and keys in ... had this image of me walking home in bikini, bare footed and my old ladies Canarian wicker wide brimmed hat on.... other half managed to grab it all just before it washed over the edge and throw it upwards to dryer ground.... scared the bejeezers out of me and him, as we just didn't expect the wave to come up so high.

You could also go just below the Alborada Hotel, looking towards Silencio! (Punta del Viento just at the start of Galletas where the dirt/gravel carpark is, where there are normally some caravans), fish the side of the rocks where you can see the Alborada swimming pool to your left.

:D

shushy
06-02-2013, 18:03