PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Exporting from UK to Tenerife or importing a motorbike to Tenerife from UK

Topacciolo
01-02-2013, 13:20
Hi Everyone, 3 weeks ago i got my motorbike delivered from UK (She was shipped in with the rest of my things via container)
Now i didnīt know if i wanted to keep it here or ride (as a last adventure...) it back to UK and then sell it there so i didnīt do any paperwork yet.
I now decided to keep it so i have to register it here in Tenerife.
At the moement UK insurance, tax and MOT are expiring by the 5th February 2013.
I decleared it SORN in uk from that date so I should be ok in UK and i shouldnīt get any penalty. I know there is a part of the V5C to fill up and send to DVLA to declear to UK that the bike is being exported.

I work and live in the South (Playa Las Americas) so i think i will need and gestor to do the paperwork (English speeking pls...)
and a garage that can sort the lights out before doing the ITV test.
Any help?

Ideally i would love to have someone that would take the bike, give me a price and sort our everything else. Iīm working full time so itīhard to be able to go around and do anything right now.

thanks

Topacciolo :tiphat:

doingok
01-02-2013, 13:45
There is plenty on here that can point you in the right direction, mended it autos, motorworld, and so on get a price and they will do the lot for you.

Topacciolo
01-02-2013, 14:44
Thanks i hope so because iīm a bit lost.... i just called motorworld but they do not deal with any import export issue or bikes....

dede
01-02-2013, 15:43
Good luck with that one. It took us nearly a year to do a vmax but that was because it was not
homolagated . Everything on the bike has to be original aswell.

atlantico
01-02-2013, 16:24
Mend-it Autos in Guargacho, ask for Mercedes

Topacciolo
01-02-2013, 18:29
Mine is pretty basic. I have a new exsaust but itīs road legal so i hope it shouldnīt be a problem.... The Reg plate is slightly smaller then original but once register they will provide me with the new one i think..... Let see.... i just find it very difficult to get the right informations.... hey at the end itīs my fault... iīm the one not fluent in Spanish.... :thanx:

topo1
18-01-2017, 18:39
Hi, I wonder if you could help. ? I saw your post and would like to send my scooter to the UK and include the delivery to an address, could you tell me who you did through and how much It cost , thanks.

babybadger
24-05-2017, 12:12
Hi Everyone, 3 weeks ago i got my motorbike delivered from UK (She was shipped in with the rest of my things via container)
Now i didnīt know if i wanted to keep it here or ride (as a last adventure...) it back to UK and then sell it there so i didnīt do any paperwork yet.
I now decided to keep it so i have to register it here in Tenerife.
At the moement UK insurance, tax and MOT are expiring by the 5th February 2013.
I decleared it SORN in uk from that date so I should be ok in UK and i shouldnīt get any penalty. I know there is a part of the V5C to fill up and send to DVLA to declear to UK that the bike is being exported.

I work and live in the South (Playa Las Americas) so i think i will need and gestor to do the paperwork (English speeking pls...)
and a garage that can sort the lights out before doing the ITV test.
Any help?

Ideally i would love to have someone that would take the bike, give me a price and sort our everything else. Iīm working full time so itīhard to be able to go around and do anything right now.

thanks

Topacciolo :tiphat:

Who did you use for your shipping? I need to get mine back to the UK by August.

Regards

BB