PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new to the Forum

pat
22-06-2011, 21:27
Hi I am a new member of the forum. Recently bought an apartment in los gigantes. Does anyone know the best place to buy furniture either new or secondhand. mainly sofa, coffee tables, patio furniture etc.

Harmonicaman
22-06-2011, 21:30
Hi Pat, welcome from me.:hat:

slodgedad
22-06-2011, 21:49
Hi, and a warm welcome to the Tenerife Forum.

Hope you enjoy it as much as me.

:typing::typing:

AL JAY
22-06-2011, 22:05
Welcome to the forum Pat, im sure someone will be able to give you answers to your questions!

Maybe try the auction house in Las Chafiras!

DaveRF
22-06-2011, 22:08
Welcome Pat :)

NikkiB
22-06-2011, 22:09
:mexicanwave: A big welcome from me..I dont live on Tenerife so I'm afraid I cant help with where to buy furniture but I'm sure somebody will help you out. Enjoy the forum.

Medman
23-06-2011, 08:42
Hi I am a new member of the forum. Recently bought an apartment in los gigantes. Does anyone know the best place to buy furniture either new or secondhand. mainly sofa, coffee tables, patio furniture etc.

Hi Pat. (are you an ex-pat now ? :D ) Welcome to the Forum. :hat: Hope you enjoy your time on the Forum. Regarding furniture, most of the restaurants and bars don't chain up their patio furniture at night, so if you have a van and a balaclava you will be quids in !! :idea::devil::whistle:

with cheese
23-06-2011, 08:57
Welcome Pat, watch the forum for ex-pats that go back to the UK. You can then either buy if they are going back permanent, or do a job if they are just visiting.
You could also rent an apartment under another members name, say "Muppet", then empty it.

dokgolf
23-06-2011, 11:04
Hi Pat, welcome to the forum:hello:. You'll find most people here are helpful. With regards to your question, I seem to remember a shop called Gabro's or Garbo's in Adeje but i'm afraid i dont have the address. Maybe someone else can shed some light?:idea:

Muppet
23-06-2011, 11:10
What is it with you Cheese??????

Nearest places to look are, firstly MDI in Alcala, as you go through on the main road from Los Gigs, go through the village almost to the end, then turn right following the signs to the Centro de Salud. Next along is in Armenime next door to Goyo the DIY place, it's called Second to None - both do delivery.

Garbo's is new furniture, but also well worth a look and yes in Adeje

Tot Ziens and vaarwel

wigjam
23-06-2011, 11:17
If you want something a little bit different Frederico Deco( commonly known as the Elephant Shop locally) has some very unusual stuff. It is near Iceland there are some pieces of garden furniture outside. There is also a new garden furniture shop nearby, in the direction of Mercadono.
The One Stop Shop in the same area is also great for bits and pieces.Most of the companies deliver with no extra fees.

Hope this helps
Sorry forgot to say this is in Las Chafiras

with cheese
23-06-2011, 11:24
Chafiras and Santa Cruz best places.

sunspot
23-06-2011, 16:34
Hi Pat, a very warm welcome to the forum .....enjoy