PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving out later this year... Any help or advice with jobs, accommodation etc?

jambo2410
01-02-2013, 19:35
Hi 1st post so treat me nicely please....:cheeky:

Well im moving out with my partner and my 16year old daughter and our yorkshire terrier puppy...

Any help or advice with looking for jobs accomadation etc?

we have been at least ten times on holiday so know the place pretty well...

I know what some people are thinking ...
Were not here for the holiday were here to work and live etc....

Message me any help advice please.

How long does it take to be a resident etc?
Things like that.
Thanks

helhod
01-02-2013, 19:51
Bring plenty of money to get you by ,Work is hard unless you speak Spanish

jambo2410
01-02-2013, 19:55
Any other advice? Cost of living etc?
Best places to live? Were thinking Playa las Americas or Los Christianos...

life is short
01-02-2013, 20:13
Hi 1st post so treat me nicely please....:cheeky:

Well im moving out with my partner and my 16year old daughter and our yorkshire terrier puppy...

Any help or advice with looking for jobs accomadation etc?

we have been at least ten times on holiday so know the place pretty well...

I know what some people are thinking ...
Were not here for the holiday were here to work and live etc....

Message me any help advice please.

How long does it take to be a resident etc?
Things like that.
Thanks

Good luck with your move. You will find plenty of advice on this forum. :tiphat:

Goldenmaniac on this forum has a wealth of information. Her website is invaluable: http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

megsdad
01-02-2013, 20:29
pdla and lc, great for holidays, dont know about living, is your daughter going into education?

casabonny
01-02-2013, 21:16
For living on a permanent basis avoid style tourist areas. Try The small villages such as Valle San Lorenzo, San Miguel or on the coast Costa Del Silencio, Los Abrigos or El Medano.

cressrt
01-02-2013, 21:34
Not Silencio, a lot of crime and expats, if you want to integrate go up the mountain, the less English spoken the more you will integrate. Obviously it depends on what you are doing for work, also a 16 girl will want the clubs etc. , but there are good bus links down and taxis back. Look VERY carefully before committing, as you say it's not a holiday - kids do not see this the same way!!

casabonny
01-02-2013, 22:11
Nothing wrong with silencio it's multi cultural has a lot of Flemish and Spanish as well as Brits and is reasonably priced for rents etc. There is every thing you would need close by banks, doctors schools shops post office etc.there is no more crime in silencio than anywhere else on the island but because its predominantly Residents and not holiday makers you hear more as the holiday makers who get robbed, mugged etc in PDLa and Los Cris go back to thier countries and you do not generally hear about their misfortunes.As anywhere else in the world local gossip gets out of proportion

cainaries
01-02-2013, 23:21
Don't bring more stuff than you really need ..... that's all of my advice.

doingok
01-02-2013, 23:57
We moved here just October gone,but we done dummy runs and staying in the tourist ended up not a option we moved to San Isidro so we could learn Spanish and we like it,since we have been here we have heard of 2 murders in silencio down to robbery,which were reported in the local paper so that a lone would put me off,we rent and will continue to rent and move around to make sure where we want to be before we buy,as as for jobs well i have heard its bad.
To get your resident you need to prove you have an income and health cover but though we had Private cover they took our EHIC card which you get free in the uk.and you need your income translated into Spanish and be ready for lots of paper work,sounds bad but really its not.

Good luck

slodgedad
02-02-2013, 01:25
If you start threads in the appropiate sections as to your needs Workwise (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?29-Tenerife-Jobs-Wanted-amp-Vacancies) and Accomodation (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?32-Tenerife-Property-amp-Accommodation) it will give you an idea of what is available.

Good luck and :welcome: to the Forum..

doingok
02-02-2013, 12:11
Looking here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions) page 26 i but up a little bit on how to To get your resident including where to download the forums need it.

universal
03-02-2013, 12:38
Try "Moving to Tenerife" by Joe Crawley (of More Ketchup Than Salsa fame) and Nicola Quinn - available on Amazon at 4.99 It will answer most of the questions you have asked.

caroll72
03-02-2013, 21:12
Just don't close all your ties with the uk.

jambo2410
08-02-2013, 16:22
Thanks for the Info
IF anyone has any other ideas etc please feel free to add.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the links

jambo2410
14-05-2013, 18:24
Hopefully looking to be moved out end of June early July.
What do I need to know before we move?
Any links to where we can get nie etc?
Best places to find work?
Best places to find a rented two be apartment etc?

QUOTE=jambo2410;261501]Thanks for the Info
IF anyone has any other ideas etc please feel free to add.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the links[/QUOTE]