PDA

View Full Version : I need a lawyer for a new purchase in Tenerife

foxyuk
01-02-2013, 21:26
Been quoted 1500 euros in legal fees for property at 60000 euros that's without all the extras

Then there's 450 notary, 3867 transmission tax

Is the legal fees not expensive at 5 per cent ? I could buy a 1 million pound home in uk and not pay lawyer that

Also is there a withholding tax of 3 per cent as the seller is not Spanish ?

Are there any other taxes or pitfalls

cressrt
01-02-2013, 21:39
Speak to CLS http://www.clsdirect.com/ they can give you good advise and handle everything for you , we have used them fro over 6 years. Ask for Eli or Ruben who own the company please feel free to say we recommended you.

casabonny
01-02-2013, 22:04
Contact Jeremy Artingstall at island Estates he will be able to do everything for you and he will not rip you off for one cent contact me if you need a mobile but his site will have his contact details

lifeinthesun27
02-02-2013, 03:33
I can recommend Carpintero y Delgado in Los, they'll do a good job for you!
Watch your fees though as you'll probably have a land registry fee to pay and possibly utility ? If your having a mortgage you'll have those fees too!
Let me know if you need more info!

CIM
02-02-2013, 12:29
Jeremy (recommended above) is a real gent - very straightforward, knowledgeable and above all - Honest!!

I tend to recommend gestors for property conveyance. I find that in general, they are cheaper and more pro active when it comes to finding solutions to problems.
There are now 3 or 4 companies offering conveyance services who I will not deal with due to bad / poor experiences, incompetence, overcharging etc. If a client turns up with one of those I tell them to find another.