PDA

View Full Version : Health Bar of soap in bed relieves leg cramps

canarybird
02-02-2013, 12:20
This sounds completely nutty but as I've had leg cramps at night this week (maybe too much walking & gym) I'm going to give it a try! :cheeky:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2012/07/22/why-does-soap-soothe-nighttime-leg-cramps/

TOTO 99
02-02-2013, 12:26
Fairy nuff..........:lol:

LUCKY
02-02-2013, 16:46
will shower gel work

chifleta
02-02-2013, 17:25
Sounds like you just need to stretch your calves a bit more
1. when you get up and/or before you exercise
2. when you finish your walk and/or gym

:spin:

Suej
02-02-2013, 17:30
This sounds completely nutty but as I've had leg cramps at night this week (maybe too much walking & gym) I'm going to give it a try! :cheeky:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2012/07/22/why-does-soap-soothe-nighttime-leg-cramps/

Are you drinking enough CB? Water that is! Magnesium tablets will help!

melm
02-02-2013, 17:34
Are you drinking enough CB? Water that is! Magnesium tablets will help!

crampex is good....works well for OH. going to give the soap a try it might just work.:eyebrows:

canarybird
02-02-2013, 18:41
Thanks for the suggestions. Chifleta ....we always do warm ups and warm downs in my Pilates class and lately we've been doing more calf stretches in the class too.

Actually I should describe it more as leg and knee pain as much as cramps. I agree about the magnesium tablets and drinking more water.

I always have to remind myself to take long drinks of water as I don't seem to get very thirsty.

But I have a feeling the shoe stomping on the floor at Sevillanas classes might also be responsible.

However tonight I'm going to try drinking more water......and adding a bar of soap under the sheets.

I'll let you know how that works! :cheeky:

Fivepence
02-02-2013, 19:33

Not suggesting this will be your problem CB but have you looked at your Oxalate intake?
You have nothing to lose, if it doesn't work after a month...............sack it and no harm done

Suej
02-02-2013, 19:44
Thanks for the suggestions. Chifleta ....we always do warm ups and warm downs in my Pilates class and lately we've been doing more calf stretches in the class too.

Actually I should describe it more as leg and knee pain as much as cramps. I agree about the magnesium tablets and drinking more water.

I always have to remind myself to take long drinks of water as I don't seem to get very thirsty.

But I have a feeling the shoe stomping on the floor at Sevillanas classes might also be responsible.

However tonight I'm going to try drinking more water......and adding a bar of soap under the sheets.

I'll let you know how that works! :cheeky:

Small sips of water CB if you take large gulps you will be running to the loo all day/night! :goodluck:

macdonald5
02-02-2013, 20:21
If your gym has a Vibration plate type machine that is worth trying for leg cramps I find I rarely have leg cramp since regular use of the plate machine which is said to improve circulation
Might give the soap bar a try as back up too !

chifleta
02-02-2013, 21:31
I know what you mean, I used to get cramps, but I actually do gentle stretching as soon as i'm out of bed in the morning I mean :) actually i'm always stretching, because the calf cramps used to be absolute agony... only get them in the morning if my legs have got cold in the night.

cainaries
02-02-2013, 22:07
Thanks so much for posting this. I have a friend who cannot sleep at night for more than 2-3 hours and her life is a misery etc etc. I'm going to tell her about this as it would be wonderful for her if it works.

canarybird
02-02-2013, 22:31
Thanks Macdonald5 but no vibration plate at the gym. I'll let you know how the soap works.:-)

marbro8
02-02-2013, 22:48

I'll let you know how that works! :cheeky:soap AND water:confused: you are going to wake up in a right lather:lol:

carpdaught1
03-02-2013, 00:42
my doctor prescribed quinine tablets,they do seem to work but perhaps not for everyone

julia44
03-02-2013, 07:17
Fill a pop sock or similar with wine bottle corks and put it at the end of the bed near your feet this will stop leg cramps, this really works.

macdonald5
03-02-2013, 09:16
Fill a pop sock or similar with wine bottle corks and put it at the end of the bed near your feet this will stop leg cramps, this really works.

Sounds strange Julia but often these odd remedies seem to work - will need to find wine with corks now as lots now have screw tops !! Cheers

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2013, 11:52
my doctor prescribed quinine tablets,they do seem to work but perhaps not for everyone

that's what's in tonic isn't - good repellent for mossies too

Right Lather - good one marbro8

Must have worked CB you still in bed ?:cheeky::zzz:

canarybird
03-02-2013, 12:24
Nope MM I'm up but it didn't work since the bar of soap fell out of the bed during the night. Will have to try again. :p

And I guess the wine corks would be successful if you had to empty the wine bottles first before going to bed. :crazy:

chifleta
03-02-2013, 12:27

And if that doesn't work, hopefully all the wine you drank to provide said corks will hopefully numb the pain :laugh:

Suej
03-02-2013, 14:03
Nope MM I'm up but it didn't work since the bar of soap fell out of the bed during the night. Will have to try again. :p

And I guess the wine corks would be successful if you had to empty the wine bottles first before going to bed. :crazy:

That's very easily remedied CB!!!:trink2:

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2013, 14:35
And if that doesn't work, hopefully all the wine you drank to provide said corks will hopefully numb the pain :laugh:

I find this the best cure !