PDA

View Full Version : Television Is anyone else having problems with DT Media?

jandy
18-08-2012, 12:17
Has anyone got the the dtmedia box. I have been watching tv using my computer. It freezes now and again, the engineer tried to fix the problem but then said I would be better with the box. Unsure whether it would make any difference,as I have no problem getting other tv programs over the net,I tried the trial with europa and had no problems.The box is 149 euros I am unsure if it is worth that,for me.

waveydavey
18-08-2012, 13:15
What ever you do don't go with europa.

Snowdrop
18-08-2012, 18:20
Can you explain why Europa is a no go area for you?

chifleta
18-08-2012, 18:47
I think maybe the DT adsl is on a general go sloooooowwwwwww today..... I watch filmon.com seems to work better, in general (less buffering) that DTMedia link. Mind you, I don't watch a lot of online live tv to tell the truth, so doesn't bother me. Just wanted to mention that internet is veryyyy slowwwww today :)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Can you explain why Europa is a no go area for you?

another forum member has had probs with this company over the last few weeks... she'd come and explain but her internet is prolly down again :jumping:

KirstyJay
19-08-2012, 00:30
After being a customer for about 8 years, I have just cancelled my DT ADSL contract as I am not happy with paying 44€+ for a 1mb service I can pay half the price for with any other provider. My speed is actually getting worse these days, not better.

slodgedad
19-08-2012, 00:40
I have the DT media box and it works just fine provided you connect direct to the router.

When we first got it we used the wireless facility, which they do not recommend, but then when we moved the modem so we could connect direct all was fine.

TenerifeTeddy
19-08-2012, 11:42
You can lose a great deal of the ADSL speed through Wifi.

For example, I was called out to a client that had a wifi router. A PC was directly connected via ethernet cable, and a speed test showed a download speed of 5.6Mb. A laptop less than 10 feet away from the router, in the same room, with excellent signal strength, showed a download test speed of 2.5Mb.

slodgedad
20-08-2012, 02:12
I achieve 6 either wireless or direct, but it works far better via ethernet cable.

Has it got anything to do with streaming needing a constant speed, as wireless does seem to be affected, temporarily, by external sources which are not noticeable with normal surfing.

timmylish
20-08-2012, 02:27
No matter how much we tear our hair out here on Tenerife regarding ADSL speeds we just don,t seem to see any solutions on the horizon, even although I had been assured by Techie guys in SC that by October of this year (before any comments on which year!) we would have access to FibreOptic here in the South. All the advice I received was to the effect that new companies and some from the Peninsula would invade Tenerife and the proverbial balloon would burst spreading ADSL at something around 18/20 mgps D/l speeds. Well its mid August and what have we?

slodgedad
21-08-2012, 21:27
I think the major problem we have here with streaming is that the speed is not constant.

One minute you have 6 and the next 1, which is not noticeable surfing, but streaming is another matter

Graceylacey
26-12-2012, 09:53
Is anyone still using this service? If so what is it like now a days? All these comments were back in August!!

Arona1
26-12-2012, 12:33
Is anyone still using this service? If so what is it like now a days? All these comments were back in August!!

I have been using the box about 2 weeks now, no problems so far,

Suej
26-12-2012, 14:02
DT media box has been brilliant but then I have only had it for a few days! I bought two plugin ADSL adapters from there which converts any electrical socket into ADSL! I connected one to the router upstairs and then just used a Lan cable downstairs from the TV box to the new plugin and a HDMI lead from the TV to the box! that's it! works a treat! The plugins are not a cheap option but it saved me moving my router and phone from upstairs to downstairs I could just leave everything as it was and we had the TV up and working within 5 minutes! One thing I couldn't stand were those awful Scart leads! ARGHHHH!!!

tonym
26-12-2012, 22:00

We've had the system for a couple of months now and although its been working well ( far better than premiers) it's had a few hiccups this last week, occasional freezing and slight buffering. Despite a number of calls to DT, they have yet to come up with a reason, I suspect it's down to loading too many users onto the system.

Suej
27-12-2012, 14:53
We've had the system for a couple of months now and although its been working well ( far better than premiers) it's had a few hiccups this last week, occasional freezing and slight buffering. Despite a number of calls to DT, they have yet to come up with a reason, I suspect it's down to loading too many users onto the system.

I have only had slight freezing on Channel 5 on the DT system the other evening the rest have been perfect! Have you got yours wired in as I know they don't recommend using the system wirelessly even though you can. DT are a very big company not like Premier who are small and only operate in Tenerife! so I personally would not go to the likes of Premier for ADSL TV. I feel sure that DT will expand the system if it starts to get overloaded with users :)

Graceylacey
09-01-2013, 11:17
Thanks for that, I have gone for it and got it yesterday, a few hiccups setting it up, but so far Direct Telecom have been very helpful. The CatchUp isnt working and I am hoping that they sort that today

slodgedad
10-01-2013, 01:05
Stil using mine, no problem.

In fact, since the the loss of Sky, it's mainly all we use. (Odd film on the TDT)

Suej
10-01-2013, 11:36
Does anyone know how to get the Films on Spanish TV in English? do we need a special box? I know some of the American films are dubbed in Spanish and heard you could watch them in their original language! Can't figure out how!:dontknow:

DT is great as far as I'm concerned! no problems running 2 other lappys and a tablet all at the same time without any issues! Wish I had changed sooner!:D

slodgedad
10-01-2013, 13:07
Does anyone know how to get the Films on Spanish TV in English? do we need a special box? I know some of the American films are dubbed in Spanish and heard you could watch them in their original language! Can't figure out how!:dontknow:

DT is great as far as I'm concerned! no problems running 2 other lappys and a tablet all at the same time without any issues! Wish I had changed sooner!:D

You need a TDT box, unless you have an digital tuner in your TV.

Ours is an Engel which has a button to change programme soundtracks to their original language, whatever it may be.

Suej
10-01-2013, 13:41
You need a TDT box, unless you have an digital tuner in your TV.

Ours is an Engel which has a button to change programme soundtracks to their original language, whatever it may be.

Thanks Slodge! I have a Panasonic Viera! I will have a look at the instructions! there are loads of Viera tools and the remote has sooo many buttons but don't understand any of them except off/on, channel change and volume! :doh:

PS.
Just looked on my TV instructions and there is a section under the heading "DVB-T" (Digital Video Broadcasting) in that section is a sub section "Manual Tuning" would this be it?:dontknow:

Tdm
19-01-2013, 16:16

I live in the Oasis Del Sur area of Los Cristianos, and have had a DT "Fritz" box for a number of years now. Over the past weeks and months (Nov/Dec/Jan 2013)the Internet service has become painfully slow, and is currently a pathetic 0.008MB with Download speeds being only 2Kb/sec, which means it is taking hours to download something that should download in a minute.

I have reported the situation to DT but have so far had no response other than to say a job "ticket" has been opened. It is not a PC problem as it is the same on the 2 Laptops we have, one being a top of the range new model with the latest chip in it.

It is time to look at another provider, and a neighbour is using Europa without any problems, but an earlier post on here says to avoid them - why?

I have not read every post on this Thread as to do so will probably take all day at the moment.
I would like a consensus of opinion though on - what is causing the current problem, is it universal or just one provider, and who is to be recommended for the area I live in?

Thank you.

slodgedad
19-01-2013, 16:21
I live in the Oasis Del Sur area of Los Cristianos, and have had a DT "Fritz" box for a number of years now. Over the past weeks and months (Nov/Dec/Jan 2013)the Internet service has become painfully slow, and is currently a pathetic 0.008MB with Download speeds being only 2Kb/sec, which means it is taking hours to download something that should download in a minute.

I have reported the situation to DT but have so far had no response other than to say a job "ticket" has been opened. It is not a PC problem as it is the same on the 2 Laptops we have, one being a top of the range new model with the latest chip in it.

It is time to look at another provider, and a neighbour is using Europa without any problems, but an earlier post on here says to avoid them - why?

I have not read every post on this Thread as to do so will probably take all day at the moment.
I would like a consensus of opinion though on - what is causing the current problem, is it universal or just one provider, and who is to be recommended for the area I live in?

Thank you.
After reading your post I checked my speed and have no problem. Same 6meg I 've always had.

I use the DT media Box with a DT Fritx router and have no problems at all.

TV working fine.

Suej
19-01-2013, 17:37

Thank you.

I'm with Direct Telecom and have just done a speed test and it's 5.99mb TheTV is on and OH is streaming football on another laptop downstairs while I did the test! Have a word with DT something is not right! I get exactly the same speed now as I did when I was with Telefonica! I'm wondering if your router needs upgrading? I also have a Fritzbox but it's only a couple of months old! TV is brilliant too but sometimes get a bit of freezing on Channel 5.:goodluck:

Tdm
19-01-2013, 19:09
Thanks for your replies, and apologies for not responding sooner, but it is taking me nearlly 15 minutes just to log on!
I am beginning to suspect that there might be something wrong with my Fritz box, but the DT engineer should have diagnosed this when he logged in the other day. Mine is a fairly new box I think, it says model Fon WLAN 7113 on the box
it came in. Alternatively it could be something more local - I wish I knew. I have sent DT a further email about the problem, my latest speed test reads just 0.008MB and an essential software update I am trying to download is running as slow as 1Kb/sec!!!!
Anybody else in the Castle Harbour/Heights/Diamantes area of Los Cristianos with a Fritz box experiencing similar problems?

Thanks for your replies, and apologies for not responding sooner, but it is taking me nearlly 15 minutes just to log on!
I am beginning to suspect that there might be something wrong with my Fritz box, but the DT engineer should have diagnosed this when he logged in the other day. Mine is a fairly new box I think, it says model Fon WLAN 7113 on the box
it came in. Alternatively it could be something more local - I wish I knew. I have sent DT a further email about the problem, my latest speed test reads just 0.008MB and an essential software update I am trying to download is running as slow as 1Kb/sec!!!!
Anybody else in the Castle Harbour/Heights/Diamantes area of Los Cristianos with a Fritz box experiencing similar problems?

Suej
19-01-2013, 19:32

Just to let you know if it helps at all my Fritzbox is model 7330. WLAN N 300. on the box it says "NEW" so maybe a later model.

slodgedad
20-01-2013, 02:06
Just to let you know if it helps at all my Fritzbox is model 7330. WLAN N 300. on the box it says "NEW" so maybe a later model.

It could be that. When I upgraded to 'Catch Up TV' I had a slight problem and they siad it may be the Fritx box as mine was quite old.

They reconfigured it for me remotely.

Suej
20-01-2013, 11:22
It could be that. When I upgraded to 'Catch Up TV' I had a slight problem and they siad it may be the Fritx box as mine was quite old.

They reconfigured it for me remotely.

I noticed that the OP said in his first post that he had had the Fritzbox for a number of years so that's why I thought it could be that! Hope he gets it sorted!

To the OP I found Marcel at DT very helpful!

Tdm
21-01-2013, 16:04
It has taken till today (Monday) to get an Internet service that I can use without falling asleep waiting for sites to load.
I have had no explanation as to what happened, or what was done, and the speed I am now getting on Downloads is 2.57MB. I have never had anything much higher in the past, how come some of you with Fritz boxes are getting 6Mb - is it the area I live in? That poses the question would I get any improvement swapping to another supplier?

slodgedad
21-01-2013, 16:22
It has taken till today (Monday) to get an Internet service that I can use without falling asleep waiting for sites to load.
I have had no explanation as to what happened, or what was done, and the speed I am now getting on Downloads is 2.57MB. I have never had anything much higher in the past, how come some of you with Fritz boxes are getting 6Mb - is it the area I live in? That poses the question would I get any improvement swapping to another supplier?

Don't think so.

I have found DTs after sales service second to none.

Other suppliers have promised the eath and delivered nothing.

(My personal opininion and does not reflect my status on the Forum)

Tdm
23-01-2013, 22:09
Credit where credit is due.
Marcel at Direct Telecom has been in touch and has been looking into my problem.
It seems there are "7" devices using my Fritz box at present and one of these could be causing the problem.
My wife and I have have a Laptop apiece, which accounts for 2 of the devices, and we have a wireless Printer apiece which takes the total to 4. The others I need to investigate.
I think where we live means that we will never get the 6MBs others are getting until there is an upgrade to Fibre Optic
cabling, but one lives in hope.
It seems that the more devices that are using your Fritz box, means that the performance on each one deteriates as it is sharing a common resource.
I need to do some further investigation with the help of Direct Telecom in order to resolve my current problem.
My kids bought me a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 for Xmas, and when I eventually get round to using it, it would probably count for another Internet device.
To be fair I will report back when I have more information as I may have been blameing someone for my woes who wasn't totally responsible.

DeeD
02-02-2013, 14:45
Is anyone else having problems with BBC1 at the minute? We seem to be stuck on 12 o'clock news!

In The Sun
02-02-2013, 15:02
Is anyone else having problems with BBC1 at the minute? We seem to be stuck on 12 o'clock news!
No mine is working great on all chanels.

Suej
02-02-2013, 16:28

Just checked my DT box for you DeeD! Yes ours is also stuck on the news on BBC1. All other channels are fine! That's the first time we've experienced a problem!Whereabouts are you?

In The Sun
02-02-2013, 16:38

Hi I have just checked my DT again I am sorry you were correct it is stuck.
When first checked I just saw a moving screen and thought it was ok.

Suej
02-02-2013, 16:48

Mine plays for a minute or so then freezes! 3/4 men in bobble hats walking in the countryside! OH said it was the news! :doh:

slodgedad
02-02-2013, 16:56
Mine plays for a minute or so then freezes! 3/4 men in bobble hats walking in the countryside! OH said it was the news! :doh:

Same here. All other channels are working fine.

Fivepence
02-02-2013, 17:04

Not familiar with this unit but could you not try rebooting?.............it seems to work for other electronic units.

:sorry: if my ignorance means I have just sprouted nonsense.

DeeD
02-02-2013, 17:05

Yes I'm getting fed up of these men in their bobble hats! Of course, today is the start of the 6 Nations rugby so there are unhappy faces in this house! Needless to say, can only hope it will be sorted out sooner rather than later though with the weekend, I am not optimistic. Thanks everyone for checking - glad its nothing to do with my TV or box!

LUCKY
02-02-2013, 17:06
Is anyone else having problems with BBC1 at the minute? We seem to be stuck on 12 o'clock news! Dont worry the weather forecast is always on last:feret::feret:

Suej
02-02-2013, 17:08
Just tried that 5p! but it seems to be a general problem! DT will have to sort it out from their end! probably won't be until Monday! If it's any help to anyone BBC1 is working fine on Filmon!:wink:

Moving screen??!!! Blimey we really are in trouble! :eyebrows:

Not familiar with this unit but could you not try rebooting?.............it seems to work for other electronic units.

:sorry: if my ignorance means I have just sprouted nonsense.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXD6Ivz7ZhfQA8OtpvxQEF8awj7GQPH kD4cNLHvK3oBwiDiEDR5A

:laugh:

craftycarder
02-02-2013, 17:30
Yes we are too. Husband not pleased because missing the rugby.

In The Sun
02-02-2013, 17:48
It's working Ok now. They must have fixed it

slodgedad
02-02-2013, 17:55
It's working Ok now. They must have fixed it
I was just gonna say that...

Graceylacey
03-02-2013, 09:59
Its reassuring to see that they dont leave it all weekend :)

waveydavey
11-02-2013, 21:01
Is it just me or is any body else having troubles with this pack.Two months ago I went to D.T Media and purchased the TV pack and plugged it in and all went fine for two weeks then it started breaking up,I call them and told them about it and was told they were aware of the problem and that they were working on it.Two months later and despite me missing nearly all my television at the weekend I would ask is there anyone else with similar problems to mine. http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/mad.gif

KirstyJay
11-02-2013, 21:13
Is it just me or is any body else having troubles with this pack.Two months ago I went to D.T Media and purchased the TV pack and plugged it in and all went fine for two weeks then it started breaking up,I call them and told them about it and was told they were aware of the problem and that they were working on it.Two months later and despite me missing nearly all my television at the weekend I would ask is there anyone else with similar problems to mine. http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/mad.gifConsidering there's an existing thread on the subject that I've just merged yours with, one or two people have been having issues recently it seems ;)

Suej
11-02-2013, 22:50
Is it just me or is any body else having troubles with this pack.Two months ago I went to D.T Media and purchased the TV pack and plugged it in and all went fine for two weeks then it started breaking up,I call them and told them about it and was told they were aware of the problem and that they were working on it.Two months later and despite me missing nearly all my television at the weekend I would ask is there anyone else with similar problems to mine. http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/mad.gif

Yes we are also having problems with the DT TV! I don't know whether you have noticed but the home screen is a bit different! I have seen two neighbours who are also experiencing the same so it seems it is general! Tomorrow is a bank holiday so I don't know whether it will be resolved in the morning either!

tonym
11-02-2013, 23:07
This problem is similar to the way that premiers ADSL tv was. Sometimes it would run ok then freeze and buffer, they usually blamed the Internet provider. eventually I got fed up and changed to dt's system, which worked great at first but recently seems to have these issues. I think it's because they are loading more users onto the system which is struggling to cope.
I would suggest to ring and complain loudly every time it happens. I know it's a pain but what else can you do ?

Suej
11-02-2013, 23:59
This problem is similar to the way that premiers ADSL tv was. Sometimes it would run ok then freeze and buffer, they usually blamed the Internet provider. eventually I got fed up and changed to dt's system, which worked great at first but recently seems to have these issues. I think it's because they are loading more users onto the system which is struggling to cope.
I would suggest to ring and complain loudly every time it happens. I know it's a pain but what else can you do ?

I am inclined to agree with you! give them a bit of grief! :wink:

Suej
12-02-2013, 15:08

I suggest that anyone who has the DT box complain as soon as possible to DT. The primary reason that people have changed was for the TV which is now proving to be a pain in the backside!

DT media Tele No. 900 347 328.

Tinkabel
12-02-2013, 22:43
For those who don't have Facebook, this was posted on Direct Telecom's Page 4 hours ago.

As most of you have noticed, over the last few days there have been issues with freezing & pixelation on some or most channels. We have been monitoring the behavior of the servers very closely and realised that the unexpected growth of dTMediaTV users from all over the world has taken the servers too close to their limits. Last night, one of the main servers decided it could not take it any more and decided to take a long term siesta leaving us all without the TV service for more than half a day. We take full responsibility for this and we admit that we should have been prepared for an unexpected boost of additional dT Media TV users and should have approached the matter in a more proactive manner. Since we detected the strain on the server almost 1 week ago, we immediately identified that there could soon be a possible problem and arranged for a brand new server to be delivered. Last night, the "old" server decided to give up and the NEW server arrived early this morning. Engineers were hands on straight away to get it connected and ready to replace the old one which was achieved aprox. 12:30 today. Once connected and powered up, we had the chance to install and implement all the dTMediaTV & CVR technology as fast as we could. At about 15:00 today, the new system (now much more powerful & ready for growth) has been sparked up and instantly started delivering the service once again, but now much more reliable and stable than before.
There are still a few things we must fine tune, and we will closely keep monitoring the service but we are confident that you will be able to enjoy the service as well as before, if not better.
We sincerely want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we can only thank you for your understanding and your patience.

Kind regards from the whole team at dT!

slodgedad
13-02-2013, 00:04
For those who don't have Facebook, this was posted on Direct Telecom's Page 4 hours ago.

As most of you have noticed, over the last few days there have been issues with freezing & pixelation on some or most channels. We have been monitoring the behavior of the servers very closely and realised that the unexpected growth of dTMediaTV users from all over the world has taken the servers too close to their limits. Last night, one of the main servers decided it could not take it any more and decided to take a long term siesta leaving us all without the TV service for more than half a day. We take full responsibility for this and we admit that we should have been prepared for an unexpected boost of additional dT Media TV users and should have approached the matter in a more proactive manner. Since we detected the strain on the server almost 1 week ago, we immediately identified that there could soon be a possible problem and arranged for a brand new server to be delivered. Last night, the "old" server decided to give up and the NEW server arrived early this morning. Engineers were hands on straight away to get it connected and ready to replace the old one which was achieved aprox. 12:30 today. Once connected and powered up, we had the chance to install and implement all the dTMediaTV & CVR technology as fast as we could. At about 15:00 today, the new system (now much more powerful & ready for growth) has been sparked up and instantly started delivering the service once again, but now much more reliable and stable than before.
There are still a few things we must fine tune, and we will closely keep monitoring the service but we are confident that you will be able to enjoy the service as well as before, if not better.
We sincerely want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we can only thank you for your understanding and your patience.

Thanks for that, I fully understand.

Having thought about it their forward planning must have been a nightmare.

Apart from Sky going off, to the majority and their introduction of 14 day catch up at virtually the same time, it's no wonder the server overload far outstretched their plan.

I don't think thet expected so many people to join at once.

If you remember we had a similar problem here when we suddenly experienced a huge boost in membership.

My DT is better than ever tonight.

Suej
13-02-2013, 11:10
I had a chat with Marcel at DT yesterday morning and he did explain all the above! I did tell him that there had been complaints on here and other places which he said he would make sure that the managers inform clients of the problem! I have to praise DT (even though I have had my grumbles) I always find them quick to react to calls and treated me with with the utmost courtesy! TV is brill now!!!!! :tv:

Thankyou Tinkabel for the FB information I have sent it on to others by email who I know are not on there and will appreciate the update!:tiphat:

waveydavey
13-02-2013, 17:17
Yes agree with you Suej,every thing seems to work now.Panic over.

Suej
19-02-2013, 00:03
We are not getting any TV on DT TV media box no channels at all since about 10.15pm! OH wanted to watch the footy highlights so is sulking now!:ashamed: Anyone else the same?

Arona1
19-02-2013, 00:14
We are not getting any TV on DT TV media box no channels at all since about 10.15pm! OH wanted to watch the footy highlights so is sulking now!:ashamed: Anyone else the same?

Yea same here asking for user name and password !!!!!

Suej
19-02-2013, 00:32
Yea same here asking for user name and password !!!!!

There's something reassuring when you know it's not just you!:wink: Thanks Arona1 might be the power cuts that's caused it! Can't get any channels with the media box on TV or on the laptop! I expect they will sort it soon!

Arona1
19-02-2013, 00:35
There's something reassuring when you know it's not just you!:wink: Thanks Arona1 might be the power cuts that's caused it! Can't get any channels with the media box on TV or on the laptop! I expect they will sort it soon!

If you want to watch tv online try http://www.filmon.com

Suej
19-02-2013, 00:37
If you want to watch tv online try http://www.filmon.com

That won't connect either at the moment! but I think I should update my player!

Arona1
19-02-2013, 00:38
Thats it so, Im off out to get drunk

This just posted on their Facebook page

"dT Media TV users please be aware that some of you will not be able to access the service tonight. The message you will receive will suggest you do not have the right package or ask you for loggin credentials. Please ignore this until further notice as we have dissabled access to part of the platform due to a possible security vulnerability. No damadge has been done but there have been numerous "hacking" attempts in the past hours. It is our duty to protect our customer data, so please bare with us untill we are 100% satisfied with the system integrity. Our apologies for the inconcenience.
We expect the system to be active before noon on tuesday."

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 02:24
Yeah. Lost mine about the same time.

Internet was down for half an hour too so I was hoping that when it came back on about half an hour ago it was work in progress.

No such luck though, still off.

Watching Sharon Stone at the mo on Paramount, so not too shabby..:)

timmylish
19-02-2013, 03:32
Thank heavens for my safe, reliable and inexpensive solution to getting UK telly?

My VPN !!!!!!!!!!

http://vpnuk.net/index.html

and USA TV and Russian as well and Swiss (runs a programme which provides Zattoo, giving real quality selection of UK channels) TV.

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 10:46
This was posted on Facebook yesterday evening on DT's Home Page,

dT Media TV users please be aware that some of you will not be able to access the service tonight. The message you will receive will suggest you do not have the right package or ask you for loggin credentials. Please ignore this until further notice as we have dissabled access to part of the platform due to a possible security vulnerability. No damadge has been done but there have been numerous "hacking" attempts in the past hours. It is our duty to protect our customer data, so please bare with us untill we are 100% satisfied with the system integrity. Our apologies for the inconcenience.
We expect the system to be active before noon on tuesday.

Suej
19-02-2013, 11:09
Thanks for the FB info!:tiphat:

Thank heavens for my safe, reliable and inexpensive solution to getting UK telly?

My VPN !!!!!!!!!!

http://vpnuk.net/index.html

and USA TV and Russian as well and Swiss (runs a programme which provides Zattoo, giving real quality selection of UK channels) TV.

The VPN does sound a good option Timmy but I am assuming your TV has to be connected to your PC to stream? whereby the DT system is a separate media box! so no connections to my computer which is on another floor of the house anyway! if your computer starts playing up surely that would affect watching TV? Does your VPN also mean you have to have your pc on all the time? The DT service is free and so far has been really reliable!

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 12:39
Mine's back on....

Suej
19-02-2013, 12:42
Mine's back on....

Ours came on but keeps returning to home screen where channels are listed so we've turned it off and will test again a bit later! I think they will have it sorted in the next hour or so!

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 12:44
Mine seems to be staying on. Will report if it does the same

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 14:27
Ours came on but keeps returning to home screen where channels are listed so we've turned it off and will test again a bit later! I think they will have it sorted in the next hour or so!

Mine seems to be staying on. Will report if it does the same

Been on for 2 hours now and not a flicker..Seems to be back to normal.

tonym
19-02-2013, 15:03
We have some sort of solution to this unreliability. Go onto the vod section and pick out some of the films or programmes you have missed and would like to watch. Play and record them on VHS or DVD as you go to bed. Before long you will have so much to catch up on, as soon as the system starts playing up, you have something else to watch.

Suej
19-02-2013, 15:26
We have some sort of solution to this unreliability. Go onto the vod section and pick out some of the films or programmes you have missed and would like to watch. Play and record them on VHS or DVD as you go to bed. Before long you will have so much to catch up on, as soon as the system starts playing up, you have something else to watch.

Don't you have to subscribe to the Catch-up to use VOD? we won't pay the extra as we decided if we miss something we miss it! tight gits!!!:laugh:

Been on for 2 hours now and not a flicker..Seems to be back to normal.

Yes ours seems fine too now! We don't really watch TV during the day but often put it on instead of the radio!

I can't get DT TV on my laptop! working fine from the media box! anyone else got this new problem!:doh:

I can't get DT TV on my laptop! working fine from the media box! anyone else got this new problem!:doh: Also when I click on "My account" there are no longer any details in the boxes!

PS.
I have spoken to DT and at the moment it seems like you cannot watch simultaneously on pc and TV it will only work on one or the other! They are looking into it now.

DeeD
19-02-2013, 22:18
Gone again!!!!

patrica
19-02-2013, 22:20
YES played up last night saying we needed a pass word , then tonight breaking up an freezing all evening. Now gone again .

Suej
19-02-2013, 22:44
YES played up last night saying we needed a pass word , then tonight breaking up an freezing all evening. Now gone again .

Yep! gone here too! If this carries on when the footy's on I'm going to have to hide all sharp objects from my OH!:knife:

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 22:50
HERE (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Direct-Telecom/142859939073225?fref=ts) is a link to their FB home page.

A few reminders already, including me.

I have alsoposted on their site that I have posted a link.

My advice is to check out the link for further information rather than getting it second hand.

Suej
19-02-2013, 22:57
Thanks for the link Slodgie! I just tried the DT website but that doesn't connect either!:doh:

timmylish
20-02-2013, 00:25
Thanks for the FB info!:tiphat:

The VPN does sound a good option Timmy but I am assuming your TV has to be connected to your PC to stream? whereby the DT system is a separate media box! so no connections to my computer which is on another floor of the house anyway! if your computer starts playing up surely that would affect watching TV? Does your VPN also mean you have to have your pc on all the time? The DT service is free and so far has been really reliable!

I suppose I am constantly going on about my VPN as a bit of "tongue in cheek" after reading all the various threads dealing with problems people are having with the various systems to watch UK TV! To answer yes, I have a tv set showing the programme running the VPN and a second, slightly smaller, tv where I can switch the VPN over to the smaller screen or, if I want, watch Spanish TV. Meanwhile, because of the 2 screens operating I can also use either screen to run the normal computer. If I was so inclined I could run another TV screen because of the hardware on the computer (not required just to have a VPN system working). Finally, as to whether I HAVE to have the computer running all of the time, I do that anyway but no the computer only need be on if I want to watch UK TV or US TV or the other countries for which I have VPN access to. The whole thing is so simple in terms of operating, from the consumer,s point of view (me). I am honestly totally a VPN fan as it suits my needs, wishes and, most importantly, my pocket! I fully understand that it does not suit everyone but, if you do run into constant problems I think that you should consider having this system available to you at some future date, maybe even as a back up if affordable. The othewr very important thing to remember is my having total security and anonymity whilst using the internet something I get great satisfaction from in to-day,s day to day usage of computer,s.

slodgedad
20-02-2013, 00:36
I suppose I am constantly going on about my VPN as a bit of "tongue in cheek" after reading all the various threads dealing with problems people are having with the various systems to watch UK TV! To answer yes, I have a tv set showing the programme running the VPN and a second, slightly smaller, tv where I can switch the VPN over to the smaller screen or, if I want, watch Spanish TV. Meanwhile, because of the 2 screens operating I can also use either screen to run the normal computer. If I was so inclined I could run another TV screen because of the hardware on the computer (not required just to have a VPN system working). Finally, as to whether I HAVE to have the computer running all of the time, I do that anyway but no the computer only need be on if I want to watch UK TV or US TV or the other countries for which I have VPN access to. The whole thing is so simple in terms of operating, from the consumer,s point of view (me). I am honestly totally a VPN fan as it suits my needs, wishes and, most importantly, my pocket! I fully understand that it does not suit everyone but, if you do run into constant problems I think that you should consider having this system available to you at some future date, maybe even as a back up if affordable. The othewr very important thing to remember is my having total security and anonymity whilst using the internet something I get great satisfaction from in to-day,s day to day usage of computer,s.

Duh. You on commission?

timmylish
20-02-2013, 00:49
Duh. You on commission?

Nio. Just as I do with some members of this Forum who have businesses here on Tenerife and with whom I have very good business dealings I am always pleased to give the advice to anyone seeking a solution to a problem. So, answer your question?

slodgedad
20-02-2013, 00:53
Sorry, just seems to me that everytime a question regarding TV is asked you come up with the same stock reply, on topic or not.

timmylish
20-02-2013, 00:59
Sorry, just seems to me that everytime a question regarding TV is asked you come up with the same stock reply, on topic or not.

You are way off the mark there. I only come out with the VPN routine when questions arise on the availability of UK TV here or, like in this instance, a problem with customer,s existing problems with systems sold to them which are just gloryfied versions of the VPN system which I use and I am delighted to pontificate about whenever called upon to do so.

Suej
20-02-2013, 11:26
Marcel at DT phoned me this morning they are adding a new platform to the server which will provide customers with lots of new features including e-books he said we will really enjoy it! by the end of the day this work should all be done! Hopefully the TV will not be affected while this is going on! Last night apparently it was an overload while the new platform was being installed. I have to say that although we are getting glitches at the moment I honestly feel the service will be second to none when all the work in completed. :pray:

I use Filmon as a back up Timmy which is also free I downloaded the Filmon HDIplayer and it works perfectly on PC and tablet I can just attach an HDMI lead to the TV from my tablet and watch on TV screen or watch directly from my laptop! Which OH did when the footy went off last night but personally I like to have the convenience of just switching on the TV using my DT media box! without having to have any other devices on.

Just got this from Slodge's FB link!
We would like to inform you that Tuesday night at around 22:00 (21:00 in Canaries), the dT Media TV system went offline due to a minor hardware failure.
This fault was quickly detected and corrected, and the service was working correctly since early this morning.

We are fully aware that our dT Media TV users have been suffering from a far from perfect TV service recently, and we want to apologise for this sincerely.
This is a project we have taken very seriously and we will not rest until we are able to deliver a TV service that will exceed your expectations.

As an apology, and as a token of appreciation for your ongoing patience and understanding, we would like you to enjoy the service to its fullest for NO EXTRA charge until the end of this month.

As from NOW, we are giving our dT Media TV customers FREE access to the brand NEW dT Media TV Interface and the extra features that have been added including:

- Full access to ALL Catchup channels.
- *NEW! MOVIES feature.
- *NEW! Audio Books feature.
- *NEW! e-Books feature.

We sincerely hope you accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused, and really hope you will enjoy the unlimited access to the NEW features that you now have access to. The 1st of March, your package will revert back to normal.

Anything you have missed last night, will be available in Catch-UP for you.

Thank you once again for your patience, understanding and support which is very much appreciated!

Best regards,
Your dT Team.

Can't say fairer than that!!!:c2:

slodgedad
01-03-2013, 02:26
I have merged the DT Media threads.

Just occured to me that people only post when there's a problem and not when there's good news.

Since the change of server (mentioned earlier) my TV package has worked perfectly.

Suej
14-03-2013, 22:52
Just want to check if anyone else is having problems with freezing with DT media on ITV footy match tonight? Thought I'd ask before pulling plugs out!

Suej
15-03-2013, 10:54
Just want to check if anyone else is having problems with freezing with DT media on ITV footy match tonight? Thought I'd ask before pulling plugs out!

All fine now!:)

slodgedad
15-03-2013, 14:16
Didn't watch TV last night so can't say but mine's working perfectly today.

Suej
15-03-2013, 19:40
Didn't watch TV last night so can't say but mine's working perfectly today.

Yes Thanks! so I hear! Just a glitch! :)

Arona1
16-03-2013, 20:35
Anyone having problems tonight, mine keeps freezing

Suej
16-03-2013, 20:38
Anyone having problems tonight, mine keeps freezing

Yep Arona1...same here! Just turned our TV on frozen pic!

DeeD
16-03-2013, 20:44
:angry::angry:We watched Ireland, England and Wales all play and now when it's Scotland's turn the blooming picture freezes. Think they call it Sod's law!

Suej
16-03-2013, 20:51
:angry::angry:We watched Ireland, England and Wales all play and now when it's Scotland's turn the blooming picture freezes. Think they call it Sod's law!

I'd call that good timing! :hide:

slodgedad
21-05-2013, 17:47
Any one else having problems this week?

Freeze, freeze, freeze..

Arona1
21-05-2013, 18:04
Any one else having problems this week?

Freeze, freeze, freeze..

Yea, a real pain :redcard:

Graceylacey
21-05-2013, 21:24
Yes me too, thought it was just me

Suej
02-07-2013, 21:03
Anyone else having problems with DT media TV tonight!??? it keeps freezing! it seems to be most channels! DT did offer us a new box a couple of weeks back which we've yet to collect but the problem is also the same on the computer so I don't think it's the box!

Thanks!:(

JaBBa
02-07-2013, 23:10
Could be a server issue there end,also try a speed check your end,you need at least 2-3mbs download to be able smooth running of iptv....

Arona1
03-07-2013, 01:52
Anyone else having problems with DT media TV tonight!??? it keeps freezing! it seems to be most channels! DT did offer us a new box a couple of weeks back which we've yet to collect but the problem is also the same on the computer so I don't think it's the box!

Thanks!:(

Had the same problem earlier, but seems to be ok now

timmylish
03-07-2013, 03:02
Thru' all the problems reported on here I continue with my poor wee VPN which continues to work, against all the odds, without any sort of problem whatsoever. Bet you all wish you were me!

Suej
03-07-2013, 10:35
Spoke to DT this morning and the said they did have a problem with it from 6pm to approx 10pm but it is all OK now! We have good internet speed so that was not the problem!

Sorry Slodge for not searching the original thread! OH was nagging me to find out whether anyone else was experiencing the same problem!;)

Had the same problem earlier, but seems to be ok now

Thanks Arona1 I knew I could rely on you for feedback!:thanx:

ameal4two
11-05-2014, 17:06
Anyone else having problem with dt media ,,aka a crock of s,,t

timmylish
12-05-2014, 00:43
Oh. Dear, Dear!

ameal4two
23-06-2014, 18:27
Hi,anyone understand ,I have dt media tv and it's not the best service at all.but when the World Cup is on I have no problem with it stopping or freezing .once it's over the service goes back to normal. Anybody have an answer

Cheers

kingbaker
23-06-2014, 21:07
Support a better team......maybe Norn Iron!!;)

ameal4two
24-06-2014, 18:50
???????????

Arona1
24-06-2014, 19:41
Hi,anyone understand ,I have dt media tv and it's not the best service at all.but when the World Cup is on I have no problem with it stopping or freezing .once it's over the service goes back to normal. Anybody have an answer

Cheers

I had that problem tonight during the football, ITV 1 stopped,

slodgedad
24-06-2014, 22:12
I had that problem tonight during the football, ITV 1 stopped,

Wierd tonight. Lost ITV 1 on my set top box but it worked perfectly on my lappie.

junglejim
25-06-2014, 10:33
Wierd tonight. Lost ITV 1 on my set top box but it worked perfectly on my lappie.
Och well, the other game had more bite to it anyway!