PDA

View Full Version : Time to claim for delayed flights of more than 3 hours since 2005

murph
02-02-2013, 19:02
There have been various discussion on here with relation to Flight delays - main culprits seem to have been Monarch and Thomas Cook. Well have a look at this article detailing how compensation can now be claimed going back to 2005!! :jumping::c2:

From the Story : -
ANGRY airline passengers, hit by long flight delays, will now be able to claim compensation. But only if the circumstances comply with a landmark European Court of Justice ruling.

People can claim between £200 and £480 compensation for delays of over three hours in EU countries, regardless of the cost of the flight - but dependent on the distance.

The ruling also means that travellers will probably be able to claim compensation for EU flight delays dating back to 17th February 2005. Claims should be made directly through the airline concerned.

http://www.canarianweekly.com/claims-time-flight-chaos/

marbro8
03-02-2013, 00:40
There have been various discussion on here with relation to Flight delays - main culprits seem to have been Monarch and Thomas Cook. Well have a look at this article detailing how compensation can now be claimed going back to 2005!! :jumping::c2:

From the Story : -
ANGRY airline passengers, hit by long flight delays, will now be able to claim compensation. But only if the circumstances comply with a landmark European Court of Justice ruling.

People can claim between £200 and £480 compensation for delays of over three hours in EU countries, regardless of the cost of the flight - but dependent on the distance.

The ruling also means that travellers will probably be able to claim compensation for EU flight delays dating back to 17th February 2005. Claims should be made directly through the airline concerned.

http://www.canarianweekly.com/claims-time-flight-chaos/we were delayed about 3 hours with monarch about 3 years ago but how would you go about finding out the details now??? i had just put it down to a bad experience and i don't think that i have still got any receipts to back it up after all this time:( well you just wouldn't would you:(

murph
03-02-2013, 14:37
we were delayed about 3 hours with monarch about 3 years ago but how would you go about finding out the details now??? i had just put it down to a bad experience and i don't think that i have still got any receipts to back it up after all this time:( well you just wouldn't would you:(

The airline will have records - if you know when you flew, I would have a go!