PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted How do I get a debit/credit machine in Tenerife?

doingok
02-02-2013, 20:56
Hi i would think the bank would be the only place where i will be able to get Debit/credit Machine,but how long will this take to get as i know it can take 12 weeks back in the uk.My accountant Has said that it has its pit falls to having one but i cannot see why as i am up front with what i take any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tickey
02-02-2013, 20:59
You can get ATM machine on ebay cheap, cheap :spin:

doingok
02-02-2013, 21:14
Thanks but i would of thought it had to be connect to our bank account so therefore had to go though checks and so on,we had one back in the uk and that's how it worked and was told that we couldn't bring it over here as it wouldn't work?

ATM machine only if it was full haha

cheers

You can get ATM machine on ebay cheap, cheap :spin:

casabonny
02-02-2013, 21:25
You have to ask your bank and they will decide if you are acceptable or not. if you have a good working relationship with your bank manager then contact him/her first.
We have had them very quickly but it does depend on the bank, your type of business and the risk they consider you/ your business to be. Beware though that any car related business is considered high risk.

doingok
02-02-2013, 23:58
Will not sure about our bank manager (him) i think only met him twice and the second time he was trying to tell us what i should do with our money in the bank and about investment and i got to admit he was been very pushy,so i think i have enough to back us up to get one as we are looking into 3 other ventures as we need to do something to keep busy as boredom would be our biggest killer and i would think any business would be high risk here at the minute if you are just starting up,but that's what i like starting right from the beginning,will have to go and see them.

Thanks for that Casabonny.

Ashro Autos
03-02-2013, 01:36
try 1 of these https://www.izettle.com/es?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=iZettle.ESP_Small_business_owners_man _41-50

doingok
03-02-2013, 10:05
Cheers Ashro Autos isn't technology great

bonitatime
03-02-2013, 11:05
Are you talking about a cash dispensing machine or the facility to take payments by credit card
If the latter most banks will set this up for a business account within a week.

doingok
03-02-2013, 11:28
Debit/credit Machine just lets people pay by card,used them in the uk and its a very handy thing to have so i will be going to the bank tomorrow.

Cheers

Are you talking about a cash dispensing machine or the facility to take payments by credit card
If the latter most banks will set this up for a business account within a week.

bonitatime
03-02-2013, 11:34
Not sure who you bank with but Sabadell are looking for new business clients

doingok
03-02-2013, 11:39
We bank with la caixa and been spot on up to now so we will give them the change plus they have all our info do not think it will be a problem as their will lose my custom and i think they will not want that lol

Cheers

Goldenmaniac
03-02-2013, 16:33
I have one with Banca March and it's bloody expensive!

doingok
03-02-2013, 16:56
I was with them and put a lot of money into my account and their still were going to change me for my card 20 euros each so i took my money and went else where then got a phone call a the same day a bit to late.

boredinscotland
03-02-2013, 23:20
Elavon.com I have mobile one in a taxi, cost £100 and loose 3% on transactions,works by bluetooth from phone

doingok
04-02-2013, 20:01
sorted thank guys