PDA

View Full Version : Will my child need a new passport before we travel to Tenerife?

Red
03-02-2013, 14:43
Hi,

My 10 year old's passport expires in May 2013. We arrive in Tenerife in march for couple weeks.

Does anyone know if we need to get a new passport with more than 6 months left on it? Some counties insist on this as does Spain I think but not sure with the canaries.

I've emailed the consulate in Santa cruz couple weeks back but not had a reply.

Thanks

Suej
03-02-2013, 14:47
Hi,

My 10 year old's passport expires in May 2013. We arrive in Tenerife in march for couple weeks.

Does anyone know if we need to get a new passport with more than 6 months left on it? Some counties insist on this as does Spain I think but not sure with the canaries.

I've emailed the consulate in Santa cruz couple weeks back but not had a reply.

Thanks
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/passports-and-immigration/
Have a look here! Good luck!

Red
03-02-2013, 15:08
Thanks suej I'll send them a email

golf birdie
03-02-2013, 15:23
Thanks suej I'll send them a email

send it away to get renewed. It is taking a week at the moment from the time you send it to getting it back.

Suej
03-02-2013, 16:14
send it away to get renewed. It is taking a week at the moment from the time you send it to getting it back.

Yes that's an option as the new passport will just be dated from when the old one expires! but the OP might not want the added expense at the moment! lots of people don't need to travel again for another year so if their passports are due to expire they often wait to renew until such time that they need them again!:wink:

melm
03-02-2013, 17:03
this question as recently been asked on the trip advisor site for Puerto de la cruz. might be worth a look.

:idea::idea::idea:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

this question as recently been asked on the trip advisor site for Puerto de la cruz. might be worth a look.

:idea::idea::idea:

should have said that the information from the above would indicate that the passport would be ok.

kangnkodos
06-02-2013, 14:42
hi,i travelled from tenerife to manchester and back with only 2 weeks left on my passport this year and was just advised at the boarding gate to renew asap.