PDA

View Full Version : How do I report a scam text to the police in the UK?

kingbaker
03-02-2013, 15:32
Hi I got a scam text here in downtown metropolitan Brumingumshire, telling me to text PPI to ......

saying that there's an £1800 cheque waiting for me to collect

How do I report this to the police in Brum? Is there a special text / computer scam section? Thanks!!:(

LUCKY
03-02-2013, 16:07
Hi I got a scam text here in downtown metropolitan Brumingumshire, telling me to text PPI to ......

How do I report this to the police in Brum? Is there a special text / computer scam section? Thanks!!:( Why not send the text to your local police station attaching your name and address and see how long it takes them to come knocking down your door, hey presto you can then report it to them , this way saves you the bus fare to local cop shop, please let us all know how you go on:copper::copper::flatcap::feret:

marbro8
03-02-2013, 16:22

How do I report this to the police in Brum? Is there a special text / computer scam section? Thanks!!:(i have them all the time m8, i don't think it's a scam, your mobile details are sold on to hundreds of company's and they contact you in the hope that you will contact them back and then they will take up your ppi miss selling case, and if you are entitled to claim back money they try to get it for you and take a percentage of the payout:wink: in some cases this can run into thousands, i have a company representing me at the moment to try and claim back compensation for mortgage miss selling:wink:

Malteser Monkey
04-02-2013, 11:07

How do I report this to the police in Brum? Is there a special text / computer scam section? Thanks!!:(

I get these every now and then I just ignore them