PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 3rd February 2013 - Caudal Deportivo vs CD Tenerife

FinnKris
03-02-2013, 18:48
1-0 at Half Time to the home team Caudal Deportivo.

The home team scoring early after the ball fell kindly to their player near the 18 yard line & finished quite well.

A fairly open game with chances at both ends with CDT perhaps with more of the play. Aridane had a deflected effort hit the crossbar & he nearly was through but failed to control the ball late on in the first half. Seconds later Guillem with a great chance but he failed to hit the target from a decent position.

Hopefully CDT can keep up the tempo & pressure in the second and score a goal (or two). On paper this was always going to be a difficult game, right now I'll settle for a draw.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

2-3 to CDT the Final Score!!!!!!!

Wow, what an entertaining game this was with both teams really going for it.

Great start for CDT to the second half with an early goal taken by Loro after the goalie only managed to half clear the situation. Very topsy turvy after this with the home team hitting the crossbar. CDT's right side especially exposed, prob due to Guillem not helping out that much as he is more of an attacker. But the coach reacted to this and brought in Suso in his place & this paid off offensively as well just a few minutes later when Aridane scored after good work by Suso.

The home team with a lot of chances & Sergio called upon more than once with the home team chasing the game. And then heartbreak (or so I thought at the time), Suso handling the ball leading to a penalty which the home team converted 5 minutes before the final whistle. Really disappointing just when I was starting to hope we could hold on. But huge credit to the team, they kept on pushing & Aridane with a fantastic finish to steal the game very late on.

To be honest I suppose a draw would have been a fair result, although this win is huge for us given that second place Real Oviedo lost surprisingly earlier in the day.

What a great great result this is, first away win since last October & Aridane back amongst the goals, should lift him for the rest of the season.

bonitatime
03-02-2013, 21:03
Final score means the team won away for the first time since October
This is a great step in the right direction.

Fred Perry
05-02-2013, 15:52
It was a fantastic game and good advert for 2nd B football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otIsTGBRIZY